Robocop Remastered Edition (Preorder) $7.99

i found that the movie cash code is outside the shrink wrap which is so stupid for three reasons

1. you can easily rip it when taking off the wrap (i almost did)
2. you can throw out the code assuming that the code voucher is in the case (like it should be)
3. idiots can easily go to a isolated area in the store and peel off the code from the shrink wrap itself smh

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear everytime I try to find a blu-ray at my Best Buy, its like a treasure hunt for where the fuck it could be. 2 were available/onhand but we couldnt find it anywhere.

i found that the movie cash code is outside the shrink wrap which is so stupid for three reasons

1. you can easily rip it when taking off the wrap (i almost did)
2. you can throw out the code assuming that the code voucher is in the case (like it should be)
3. idiots can easily go to a isolated area in the store and peel off the code from the shrink wrap itself smh
Shhhhh.... don't want to give anyone any bright ideas...

I swear everytime I try to find a blu-ray at my Best Buy, its like a treasure hunt for where the fuck it could be. 2 were available/onhand but we couldnt find it anywhere.
It's your store that is full of useless employees. I have had the same issue as well in the past.

Put my order for one on Amazon. Funny thing is I'm getting it for free, don't know how or why. I didn't have a gift card balance or any credit on my account, but when I checked the confirm page it had promotion applied $7.99. 

Picked up a copy at Best Buy for $2.99 + tax after a $5 RZ cert. 

Had the sticker on the front about the movie cash money for the new movie.  Store had 2-3 other copies on-hand after I picked up my copy.

Why does amazon not have it until next week?
BB exclusive until 01/21/14. They've done this on some random releases in the past.

Not sure if the Amazon one will come with the movie cash, as it should have something on the item page if it did.

BB exclusive until 01/21/14. They've done this on some random releases in the past.
That's weird because initially, they had the release date as 1/21. Not that I'm complaining! :rofl:

On a side note, was I the only one to rip the movie cash sticker in half? :lol:

Will buy this later after work! Btw what ticketing company is doing the movie cash? Hope its fandango. Hate to make a new accounts for these.

Will buy this later after work! Btw what ticketing company is doing the movie cash? Hope its fandango. Hate to make a new accounts for these.
Hell no, Fandango forces me to choose a specific theater and there aren't any local ones. Movie cash on the other hand, I can use pretty much anywhere and without any extra hassle.

Hell no, Fandango forces me to choose a specific theater and there aren't any local ones. Movie cash on the other hand, I can use pretty much anywhere and without any extra hassle.
Ic. Yeah my local theater accomodates fandango thats why i asked and i can order the seats online. Hate lining up for movies specially if i want to watch during release week.

Tax can't be that much extra on an $8 item. Sort of an exaggeration to say the deal is "ruined" for less than a buck difference, isn't it?
Ny tax almost 9% and yes why are you on here since you do not care about best prices. sad how you just attack someone like that this is cag after all..

Ny tax almost 9% and yes why are you on here since you do not care about best prices. sad how you just attack someone like that this is cag after all..
Nobody attacked you - he just pointed out your exaggeration. 9 percent is a lot of tax, but even if tax was a dollar, $9 is still a great price for this Blu-ray.

Nobody attacked you - he just pointed out your exaggeration. 9 percent is a lot of tax, but even if tax was a dollar, $9 is still a great price for this Blu-ray.
And even if Amazon doesn't charge you tax at time of purchase, you need to report it on your taxes as use tax.

Everyone does that, of course. :whistle2:

All out at my local stores, unless they are less than 2 copies in stock. =/. Oh, well. I can say the movie's still fun to watch after all these years.

All out at my local stores, unless they are less than 2 copies in stock. =/. Oh, well. I can say the movie's still fun to watch after all these years.
the news segments looked horrible (which was expected) but the movie remaster was very well done and the movie is still fun to watch after all these years ! ”dead or alive you are comming with me” classic lol

the news segments looked horrible (which was expected) but the movie remaster was very well done and the movie is still fun to watch after all these years ! ”dead or alive you are comming with me” classic lol
Watching it now after again it took my Best Buy awhile to find one of eight copies in the store in the back. Not sure if Ill go see the new one with the movie cash.

Watching it now after again it took my Best Buy awhile to find one of eight copies in the store in the back. Not sure if Ill go see the new one with the movie cash.
The cast list sounds interesting: Gary Oldman, Jackie Haley, Michael K. Williams (better known as Omar on The Wire, and Chalky White on Boardwalk Empire), Michael Keaton, and Samuel L. Jackson. I wonder who's playing what. Sam Jackson in the Boddicker (or equivalent) role, perhaps?

The cast list sounds interesting: Gary Oldman, Jackie Haley, Michael K. Williams (better known as Omar on The Wire, and Chalky White on Boardwalk Empire), Michael Keaton, and Samuel L. Jackson. I wonder who's playing what. Sam Jackson in the Boddicker (or equivalent) role, perhaps?
Who gets to be Dick Jones?

Now that I can see it free I'm definitely going. Worst case scenario I get to destroy it big time to everyone I know and those I don't on the net.

Who gets to be Dick Jones?
My guess Michael Keaton. He's old enough now, and he does well playing upper-class scumbag types. Now this isn't a direct remake, as Alex Murphy is the only name in the character list that carries over, but I'm betting they won't stray too far from the original as far as types go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Not much to go on, but it looks like Michael K. Williams is playing a cop (hopefully a crooked or renegade one), and Gary Oldman is playing Dr. Dennet Norton, probably the guy who develops the technology (and possibly performs the surgery) to make Robocop possible. Mattox (not to be confused with antiacid relief Maalox) is Jackie Earle Haley's (Rorschach from Watchmen) role, and I've a feeling this will be another of the psychopath roles that he does so well. He also falls into a similar type to Boddicker, well played by future That 70's Show father Kurtwood Smith in the original.

Ya know. I'd rather this movie take place after the events of the first movie, with this being a newer, higher tech Robocop. Alex Murphy and sort of a remake but not really is just meh.

From what I've seen and read, there looks to be many differences between this and the original, including:

Robocop is no longer a slow, hulking bullet sponge, but fast and agile.

Murphy does not get killed; he gets badly burned and is given a cybernetic makeover, Darth Vader-style.

His family does not move away after his "death." He is seen interacting with his son after his transformation in the trailer, and there's a good chance the wife will also remain in the picture.

So far no sign of a Boddicker equivalent. All the enemies shown so far seem to be within the corporate halls of OCP.

From everything I've seen, this movie looks at least worth a look. I haven't had a chance to go to BB yet, but if they still have this deal, I'm all over it.

You seem a bit lost he said that to someone else.... I laughed so hard next time try reading with the lights on? rofl

bread's done
Back