Rock Band 1 Special Edition X360 $59.99 @ Wal-Mart

RchrdJ

CAGiversary!
I was at Wal-Mart last night and they had a stack of Rock Band 1 Special Editions for Xbox360 for $59.99.

This isn't a very good deal because the instruments are wired, and the drums are ridiculously loud, so this is pretty much meant for really desperate people or ass-hole hoarders to buy and then sell for $80.

I think that's a fine deal, assuming you get instruments that aren't defective. All you need to do is buy the official drum silencers (which is a good idea regardless of if you own RB1 or RB2 drums) and you're set. Plus you can pick up RB2 (game only) at Futureshop for $19.99.

[quote name='DMPugh']I think that's a fine deal, assuming you get instruments that aren't defective. All you need to do is buy the official drum silencers (which is a good idea regardless of if you own RB1 or RB2 drums) and you're set. Plus you can pick up RB2 (game only) at Futureshop for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean, I personally didn't get it because the instruments are wired. I borrowed my friends Rock Band when it first came out and I hated the tangle of all the cables. If I'm going to invest in instruments now, they are going to be wireless. Or I will just stick to REAL guitar and other instruments.

Maybe not desperate people. Maybe also for people who it really doesn't matter wired or not?
You kill me. You post a decent game deal, then talk down about it.

This is a great deal for people who like the game, but really don't want to invest that much into it.

If it will still be that price during the new year, I would think about possibly picking it up.

Dude, thanks for that. I was thinking of buying that a few weeks ago when it was $99.99. Glad I didn't buy it right away:bouncy:

[quote name='TripleQ']Another alternative is the GHWT refurb full kit from Futureshop for $59.99. It's refurb, comes in a white box, but generally the quality is very good from what I've heard.[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't have much luck with that kit - it was missing the nuts to hold the cymbal pads on, and the guitar's whammy bar squeaked like crazy. Fortunately, there was no hassle on the return.

I'm waiting for RB2 to be at this price. Hopefully Boxing Day at Amazon, Future Shop, or Best Buy so I can get it shipped to my house for free =P PS3 version so I can gameshare the tracks my friends bought from the PS Store.

bread's done
Back