CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Stolen from Slickdeals...YMMV but everyone seems to be saying its confirmed

Rock band for 360 and PS3 for $100, the PS2 Version is $70

GH3 ALl Versions $40.00

Hopefully this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet deal! Got the last PS2 bundle in SLC. Thanks OP, and everyone else for your comments!

picture.php

I picked up the last 360 copy of Rock Band at the Guitar Center in Cedar Rapids Iowa earlier today. It still rung up as $99.99, it appears that the deal is still going at some stores. :D

[quote name='rcx4']Huh, good point. [Note: I only have a PS2 and a Wii; saving up for a PS3 for next year]. My plan was to buy Rock Band 2 for the Wii, which I read that it will have downloadable songs..etc same as the XBox360 and the PS3, and also for the updated drum/guitar.

Crap, now I don't know what to do.. Get Rockband for PS2 then get RockBand2 [game only] or wait for Rockband 2 [Wii version]...

Any advice on this is much appreciated.[/quote]

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the PS2 version at San Bernardino GC. There are 2 left there as of this afternoon [if anyone's interested].

Picked up one today for 360, it was marked 99.99 and the ps2 was 69.99. This was at the Danvers, MA location, he said there was a few left.

I went to the store in Glen Burnie, Md., yesterday and they still had two 360 Rock Bands, priced at $99.99. Also some GHIII bundles for PS3 and 360.

i went to the Guitar Center in Mishawaka, IN last night, and they had 2 Rock Bands for the PS2 and 2 for the 360, unfortunately none for the PS3, which is what i was looking to get. i think they also had about 4 GH3s for the PS3 and 4 for the 360.

[quote name='bendeco45']i went to the Guitar Center in Mishawaka, IN last night, and they had 2 Rock Bands for the PS2 and 2 for the 360, unfortunately none for the PS3, which is what i was looking to get. i think they also had about 4 GH3s for the PS3 and 4 for the 360.[/quote]

Buy it for the PS2. Then take the game disc and trade it for a PS3 game disc.

[quote name='Joker2007']What is the difference in the PS2 and PS3 version? Other than graphics is the PS3 version much different?[/quote]

the ps3 version has online and DLC.

[quote name='chelosera91']the ps3 version has online and DLC.[/quote]

The PS2 version also only plays back pre-rendered videos when you're playing. The PS3 version lets you custom create characters which I think adds to a lot of the fun.

The PS3 version will also let you export a lot of songs on the Rock Band 1 disc to Rock Band 2.

Was this part of an anniversary sale? I ask cause I was denied a cheap GH3 on Friday (Rock Band still had a 100 sign on it) and then the day after (yesterday) I heard a radio ad for an anniversary sale which included GH3 for "39" this weekend only. Just trying to figure out if it was an old ad. Also, is there any advantage to getting either the 360 or PS3 version over the other?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Was this part of an anniversary sale? I ask cause I was denied a cheap GH3 on Friday (Rock Band still had a 100 sign on it) and then the day after (yesterday) I heard a radio ad for an anniversary sale which included GH3 for "39" this weekend only. Just trying to figure out if it was an old ad. Also, is there any advantage to getting either the 360 or PS3 version over the other?[/quote]

Well I checked on Friday, but the Anniversary sale was going at that point (since they had signs up for Rock Band at $99.99 for the sale). No go on the GH3 bundle- I guess call ahead.

Finally got some time to set up my Rockband and what do you know? the guitar doesn't work. I bought the PS2 version of the game. I hooked it up to my PS2 and the guitar works fine at first but then keeps losing its connection. The solid red light on the adapter starts blinking red and the guitar red light goes out completely. I would have to constantly stop and hit the sync button on the adapter and then the guitar to sync up again. It happened over and over. I tried resetting the game and tried the other USB port and got the same result on every song. After a few seconds it would disconnect. I then tried it upstairs on my PS3 console (60GB). It would connect fine and register on the XMB menu but when it went into the game the red light on the adapter would go out completely and no amount of pushing the sync button on the adapter or the guitar would make the red light come on and connect. Any ideas? (other than contacting EA support which I understand will send me a new guitar at MY expense)

[quote name='spikyhunter3']Does anyone know if the Rock Bands for Wii are also on sale?[/QUOTE]

You could do like me and buy the 360 version and exchange it for the Wii version at a store that does that sort of thing.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Finally got some time to set up my Rockband and what do you know? the guitar doesn't work. I bought the PS2 version of the game. I hooked it up to my PS2 and the guitar works fine at first but then keeps losing its connection. The solid red light on the adapter starts blinking red and the guitar red light goes out completely. I would have to constantly stop and hit the sync button on the adapter and then the guitar to sync up again. It happened over and over. I tried resetting the game and tried the other USB port and got the same result on every song. After a few seconds it would disconnect. I then tried it upstairs on my PS3 console (60GB). It would connect fine and register on the XMB menu but when it went into the game the red light on the adapter would go out completely and no amount of pushing the sync button on the adapter or the guitar would make the red light come on and connect. Any ideas? (other than contacting EA support which I understand will send me a new guitar at MY expense)[/quote]

If I have bad batteries in my wireless guitar, it does the same thing.

[quote name='Krohboy']Souix Falls one still has Rock Band for 100, picked up a 360 one for myself.[/quote]

Wow, a CAG'r from Sioux Falls. I miss Tea :(

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Wow, a CAG'r from Sioux Falls. I miss Tea :([/quote]
I actually live in the pipestone area, but Souix Falls is the closest biggish city. I got some friends in tea.

[quote name='Krohboy']I actually live in the pipestone area, but Souix Falls is the closest biggish city. I got some friends in tea.[/quote]

Yeah I was trying to make it back this summer to visit, didn't have the chance. I grew up there most my life. I also am quite familiar with Pipestone. Don't miss the winters there that's for sure...

PIcked up a 360 version at the East Brunswick, NJ location yesterday. They had a few more 360 ones, and ps2 ones also. The box said 169.99, but it rang up as 99.99.

FYI, this deal is still going on... my closest GC (Glen Burnie, MD) just got in a couple of PS2 Rock Bands, one of which I bought this morning for $69.99. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back