Rock Band 2 Instruments @ DDD - Less than retail up to $20 off

AdamBomb629

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Deepdiscount.com has the Rock Band 2 instruments and future bundle for less than retail.

Xbox360 Wireless Drums $68.99: http://www.deepdiscount.com/Rock-Ba...VproductId48645663VVcatId463703VVviewprod.htm

XBox360 Wireless Guitar $58.99: http://www.deepdiscount.com/Rock-Ba...VproductId48645662VVcatId463703VVviewprod.htm

Xbox360 Rock Band 2 Bundle (mid-October release) $168.99: http://www.deepdiscount.com/Rock-Ba...VproductId48645661VVcatId463703VVviewprod.htm

They have the same prices for the PS3 and I think Wii items too.

Note: If admin wants to edit links so CAG can get credit, please do.

How legit is this site?

How much would shipping be if I were to buy both items?

If its legit and shipping isn't too bad... I'll get both right now.

Deepdiscount.com is a very legit site. They are most well known for selling DVDs (they have a semiannual DVD sale which is an extra 20% off of their already low prices, the CAG thread about it tends to get really long). They offer free shipping on everything although that is for media mail shipping which can be pretty slow. They are based in Illinois, so as long as you don't live there you won't have to pay tax either.

[quote name='JolietJake']What exactly does the bundle include? Are the included instruments wired or wireless?[/QUOTE]

Game, wireless drums, wireless guitar, wired mic. Site is very legit and shpping is always free. Also, no tax. Shipping times can get long though. That's about the only complaint.

DDD is legit, just slow as **** (you may fill in the four-letter adjective of your choice).

Still, if the slow boat to China is worth the saved money here, definitely a buy worth getting in on.

The drums are basically broken. The cross talk problems make these nearly worthless. Best to wait until they get the problem solved, which will probably mean a new batch manufactured with the fix.

" four-letter adjective"?? You mean, like, "slow as fast"? Or "slow as blue"? Or perhaps, "slow as zany"?

;^)

As for the topic, they are slow as hell, but you end up getting what you purchased eventually.

I ordered Rock Band 2 and the Rock Band 2 wireless guitar Sunday. The order is still in process. I will likely cancel primarily due to the complaints about the Rock Band instruments. I went to BB and picked up Rock Band 2 and the Wireless Les Paul which I hear is a much better device. After tax and the $10 off $75 mentioned elsewhere on CAG, my total cost was $10.40 more than DD.com but I have it now and a supposedly better guitar.

Just my 2¢ worth of experience.

yeah, I cancelled my order for the drums (i emailed them and they told me the new release date was 11/16/2008 for the 360 drums?!?!?), I think I am still going to get them from bestbuy with the $10 off does anyone know if they are 79.99 in store as well?

[quote name='M1C13']yeah, I cancelled my order for the drums (i emailed them and they told me the new release date was 11/16/2008 for the 360 drums?!?!?), I think I am still going to get them from bestbuy with the $10 off does anyone know if they are 79.99 in store as well?[/QUOTE]
Yup. At my Best Buy, there was a small stack right as you come into the store w/ a $79.99 sign on top.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The drums are basically broken. The cross talk problems make these nearly worthless. Best to wait until they get the problem solved, which will probably mean a new batch manufactured with the fix.[/QUOTE]

Mine work perfectly fine, as have several other people I've heard from. It's a definite problem but not all of the drums are effected. Many people on the RB forums have been able to easily fix the problems by tightening a few screws inside the drum heads—not optimal, obviously, but the drums are so fantastic when they work that it's a sin not to try it.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Yup. At my Best Buy, there was a small stack right as you come into the store w/ a $79.99 sign on top.[/QUOTE]
just called to see if my local BB had them they said 89.99, well this blows.

[quote name='M1C13']just called to see if my local BB had them they said 89.99, well this blows.[/quote]
Price went back up to $89.99 today.

I spent half an hour at BB trying to get something done about it, but nothing. The manager said that at most, even if he could price check the amount back down to what it was yesterday, that he could not take the coupon at the same time. I was about to buy it anyways, if their two year warranty plan was good enough, and it wasn't. It's $15, and they'll replace any part. But if they have to replace the whole item, that's the end of the warranty. And so the guy was saying if the pedal broke, they would probably be mailing me a new pedal, that way the warrant is still going. Sounds like way too much hassle, considering I doubt it's easy for them to get parts like that for items such as this.

I might go DDD, or just wait a long time for my RBWired Drums to die.

bread's done
Back