Rock Band 2 instruments?

dave17

CAGiversary!
I need to replace my rock band 1 drums, they're getting pretty worse for wear. I know they're out in the states, but I couldnt find them listed on futureshop.ca.

Haha, exact same situation for me. Nowhere had them on Sunday. They said they expect them sometime in the next week or so.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I thought they were only selling the game for the 360 not the instruments, those come later with the special edition.[/quote]

That's what I thought originally, as well, but then I realized all of the sites I usually frequent have them shipping this week. It's only the SE that you have to wait for...well...that and the other console versions.

[quote name='Winkels']Anyone else a little taken aback by a McCain-Palin banner in the Canadian forums?[/quote]

What? An American can't help his friends from the North? ;)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What? An American can't help his friends from the North? ;)[/QUOTE]
You guys better help.
Remember we're bigger and we're on top ;)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What? An American can't help his friends from the North? ;)[/quote]

Hey, if it wasn't for my southern brethren I couldn't be playing Rock Band in the first place. What would I do with myself? Work? Ha.

I'm looking for the new guitar and drums in Winnipeg. So far nothing, as EB has changed their release date several times and Futureshop/BB have nothing listed.

I'm also looking for that Mad Catz M.I.C. microphone. Anyone seen that in stores yet?

well futureshop now has them listed: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10110333&catid=26884

out of stock at the time of this post. 90$? christ. that makes the game + drums 150$, just 20$ shy of the rock band 1 bundle. I dont know what kind of price they are expecting for the rock band 2 bundle. does anyone know if some other third party peripherals are coming out? (besides the 300$ drums)

oh, I guess buying the guitar hero world tour drums is an option. I have no clue on their quality/price/release date though.

does anyone know if some other third party peripherals are coming out? (besides the 300$ drums)
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/see-us-...ythmically-with-sticks/a-20080917142822780015

I'm really liking what Mad Catz is rolling out with there Rock Band 2 gear...the red Stratocaster (plastic version not wood) looks great and the MIC with built in controller is handy. I would have to say their Fender P-bass and cymbals are the best. I'm thinking about just getting the guitar,bass and mic and forgetting Pre-ordering RB2 Spacial edition bundle. According to ign, moist of this stuff is already in store. I'm trying to track down which Canadian retailers will be selling theses items.

well my rock band 1 drums have had a crack in the yellow pad (the part underneath the rubber) for a number of months now. it has still been working fine up until last night, when it just gave out while playing living on a prayer. I was playing with a couple friends so I was actually able to make it through that one and hungry like the wolf to finish the set lol.

anyways I went out to bestbuy and ebgames to see if they had the instruments yet. no luck at best buy. ebgames didnt have them either, but the guy told me that the computer said they would be in today (friday).

[quote name='dave17']well my rock band 1 drums have had a crack in the yellow pad (the part underneath the rubber) for a number of months now. it has still been working fine up until last night, when it just gave out while playing living on a prayer. I was playing with a couple friends so I was actually able to make it through that one and hungry like the wolf to finish the set lol.

anyways I went out to bestbuy and ebgames to see if they had the instruments yet. no luck at best buy. ebgames didnt have them either, but the guy told me that the computer said they would be in today (friday).[/quote]
Before you do that, you know you can replace your instruments for free, right?

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/rockband.php

ya, I've already replaced 2 pedals through that... my third already has a crack line forming. I want to get the new ones partially because they are better (ie quieter, register better, bouncier, wireless) and partially because I'm hoping that they will not break so much. I play drums a hell of a lot, so 90$ is not a huge investment for it.

Hm, I seem to be having trouble getting a replacement for my guitar...the online system is kind of screwy and is not letting the order go through

how much of a noticeable difference is there between the rb1 and rb2 drums? i like the pressure sensitive feature and the bass pedal (mine is finally starting to crack after a year). i'm mostly considered about the sensitivity of the pads. i just finally got my drums to be able to register fast 16th notes, so i just want to make sure that will register on the new ones before i pick them up.

[quote name='cm matty']how much of a noticeable difference is there between the rb1 and rb2 drums? i like the pressure sensitive feature and the bass pedal (mine is finally starting to crack after a year). i'm mostly considered about the sensitivity of the pads. i just finally got my drums to be able to register fast 16th notes, so i just want to make sure that will register on the new ones before i pick them up.[/quote]

The pads are such a huge improvement over the original. I can't begin to express how much nicer they are compared to our hobbled RB1 set. The pads have such a nice rebound to them, and are MUCH quieter than our RB1 pads (which even have homemade felt pads on them). The new pedal is also great, very sturdy, and I can't see us breaking it like we did with the plastic RB1 pedal.

I've heard stories about cross-talking problems in the new RB2 drums, but I've had no problem keeping a streak going (granted that I can only play drums on Medium). So far it registers quite nicely, but I'm not playing any fast songs with 16th notes.

anyways I finally managed to get my new drumset. seems like the ebgames in ottawa got their 2nd shipment of them in. it's taking me a bit to get used to the new ones. I was having problems with simple, slow beats and wasnt sure why. I tried calibrating the drums and also lowered them a bit and something seemed to help. I was testing it in practice mode and my red pad was definitely registering twice, but that might have just been because I was hitting it funny because the problem seemed to go away as I kept playing and the new drums started to feel more natural. drum rolls seem to be a lot easier on the new set. (I play on hard)

bread's done
Back