Rock band 2: Is it in stores yet?

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
After wanting the game for months, and seeing 9 reviews from NP and IGN, i really want this game. It supposedly comes out today, but has anyone found it any stores yet?

[quote name='KingBroly']I guarantee you if you don't find it, something's wrong.[/quote]

he probably meant the Wii version, and the release is tomorrow for most places, unless they do something weird and set it back again.

pretty sure nothing weird is gonna happen this time. they've been making a big deal about it coming out on wii for the holidays. shipped today, should be in stores tomorrow afternoon. not sure about extra instruments though. i think some will be in stores tomorrow, others not until next week. i'm fairly certain the full 'special edition' set doesn't hit until, like, christmas eve.

[quote name='Squarehard']he probably meant the Wii version, and the release is tomorrow for most places, unless they do something weird and set it back again.[/quote]

I went to about 3 stores yesterday, they had about 10-12 bundles each.

evilmrt - how do downloads work? I mean, how do you play those songs? Do you have manually copy songs back and forth from SD? Is it a pain or no big deal? Fast? Slow? Etc.

The IGN review said that DLC is handled like in Rock Band, it pulls the songs from the SD card without the user needing to do anything. I may be wrong, but I don't believe any of the DLC is actually available yet, I think I read that it's not going to come out for a couple weeks but I may be wrong.

Yeah, DLC doesn't work yet...you go to the music store option, and it searches for a second, and then gives an error message. The other online options DO work though...multiplayer/co-op modes, and the leaderboards are up.

I'm pretty confident that downloading songs to an SD card will be easy. Now, if they would just put it up already...

I was pretty surprised - I went to Best Buy on Thursday and there were at least six or seven Wii bundles. Then I went in yesterday and they were all gone.

Which wasn't a problem for me, because then I went to Gamestop and picked up my preorder :D

We found a bunch of them at Sam's today for $167. Going to break it out later in the week when family gets in for Christmas.

Every major retailer in my area got in the bundles earlier this week, but they are now sold out across the board. This is _THE_ Wii title to own this season. I did see a stand-alone guitars left, though.

bread's done
Back