Rock Band 2 SE $99 @ Gamestop IN STORE

TheOtherZach

CAG Veteran
I might be the last person on the planet to have found out about this, but I've been shopping for the Rock Band 2 Special edition for the past week or so and had no idea about this. Gamestop has had RB2 for $99 on their website for awhile, but the XBox 360 version has been sold out. Much to my surprise when I happened to walk into the store, they had one left with a "New low price" sign next to it. Needless to say, the trigger was pulled.

So disregard if you already knew about it, but head over to your local GS if you're looking for RB2 SE. Every other place I checked still had it priced at $159.99

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']
They won't be any more expensive on Black Friday I'll tell you that much.[/QUOTE]

thats probably true. :wave:

[quote name='nintendofan9999']Hmmm I wanted the Ps3version bt they only have 360 version in stock... decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

i would go with the 360, if its anything like GH, i had nothing but trouble with the ps3 version, and you don't need a usb dongle for the 360.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Yea. When I first saw this thread I went to TRU and got the same deal. HUGE waste of money! I wasted 6000+ points on a bunch of songs and ended up selling the whole thing on craigslist for $70 in perfect condtion. Huge waste of money to me: I only play the drums and would rather play other things then sitting playing songs all the time.

Huge waste of money!! I love music, but I just stay away from these games now, I don't even let myself get tempted. I want RB Beatles, but I know it's just a waste.[/QUOTE]

You're one strange fellow - why would you spend points on songs instead of playing for a while first? You say you want something but then say it is a waste, so that to me would mean you don't really want it? Anyway, most everyone I know loves these games and for 99 it's about as good of a price as I think it will ever be. I could see it at around 80 if they are at a point where they want to get them all off of the shelves.

I'm definitely unique.

Let me give you a little history:
I bought Rock Band 1 Special Edition Bundle on release date for XBOX360. I loved the game, played a lot, and downloaded lots of songs. Well soon enough, I got sick of moving the drums over and switching seats and then just sitting there playing through 1 game one time. It just really got old and I sold the game back to Gamestop and kept the drums.

Then, I bought RB2 (game only) on release date. I loved the game and played it a lot, but soon enough it got old and I was sick of having to pull out the drums all the time with them in the way so much. So I eventually sold the game back.

Last, being a huge music fan, I wanted to play a lot of the songs for download. So with it being $100 at TRU and I had a $20 gift card, so I went there and got it and sold my RB1 drums for $15. I really just wanted to play those new songs since I've played all the others before and so I spent a ton of points on the songs. After that I realized I wasted a ton of money spending $80 + a $20 gift card that I'd of rather used towards something more useful to me.'

I've got the Wii version along with a lot of points. I'm struggling with whether or not it's worth selling the Wii version and getting the 360 version.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']I'm definitely unique.

Let me give you a little history:
I bought Rock Band 1 Special Edition Bundle on release date for XBOX360. I loved the game, played a lot, and downloaded lots of songs. Well soon enough, I got sick of moving the drums over and switching seats and then just sitting there playing through 1 game one time. It just really got old and I sold the game back to Gamestop and kept the drums.

Then, I bought RB2 (game only) on release date. I loved the game and played it a lot, but soon enough it got old and I was sick of having to pull out the drums all the time with them in the way so much. So I eventually sold the game back.

Last, being a huge music fan, I wanted to play a lot of the songs for download. So with it being $100 at TRU and I had a $20 gift card, so I went there and got it and sold my RB1 drums for $15. I really just wanted to play those new songs since I've played all the others before and so I spent a ton of points on the songs. After that I realized I wasted a ton of money spending $80 + a $20 gift card that I'd of rather used towards something more useful to me.'[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but it was only a huge waste of money only b/c you were pretty stupid. Why buy the special edition when you already had a drum set?

360 version is probably the best. Least compatibility issues between Rock Band and Guitar Hero games and instruments. And also, more custom instruments and other accessories (fog/lights) only for 360. :drool:

Wii and PS3 both have lots more stuff that won't work with other stuff. :booty:Makes me wish I hadn't got the Wii versions a lot of times.

[quote name='icedrake523']Sorry to say, but it was only a huge waste of money only b/c you were pretty stupid. Why buy the special edition when you already had a drum set?[/QUOTE]
Yep, you're right. I thought what an idiot I was, I could've saved a lot of money just buying the game used. Instead I wanted the wireless, better drums, but I really should've just bought the game. Really was stupid to buy the whole bundle. AHH!! Well, I'm over it.

@Nyxaz: Check out RawkSD. It made me like my wii version a little more. I still kind of want to switch to PS3, but I've already spent money on all those songs...

[quote name='Nyxaz']360 version is probably the best. Least compatibility issues between Rock Band and Guitar Hero games and instruments. And also, more custom instruments and other accessories (fog/lights) only for 360. :drool:

Wii and PS3 both have lots more stuff that won't work with other stuff. :booty:Makes me wish I hadn't got the Wii versions a lot of times.[/QUOTE]

The only issue I know of is with RB1 drums and those are not in this set. A DLC share group is a much better trade off than fog machines and lights.

bread's done
Back