rock band 2 special edition 166.99 @ Costco

dannydumbass

CAGiversary!
first deal post by the way, let me know if i missed anything.

was out and about today and saw rock band 2 special edition for the xbox 360 for 166.99 at Costco. Not sure if it was today only or anything, but i thought it was worth posting. also i couldn't find info on Costco.com.

im sure picking this up tomorrow but i dont know if this game upscales for the ps3 version to 1080p
so i might get it for 360

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Smallville123']How much was it with tax?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that kinda depend on which state you live in?

w/ the way the economy is and the buggyness of the hardware, I wouldn't be surprised to see some more price drops in the near future.

At least Harmonix got smart about packaging, the RB2 boxes are waaaaay smaller than the RB1 sets.

I was impressed with the box myself. It's nearly half the size of the original RB. I guess shipping out replacements for a year will have you rethinking box sizes. :lol:

I wonder if Sam's Club will have a similar price. Anyone been over there lately? I might check this afternoon.

gargh, i'm tempted to cancel my 169.99 deepdiscount pre-order and take the $10 hit in taxes to have it today... :(

I'll email deepdiscount and see when they plan on shipping the rock band kits out i guess.

Just picked one up at the Chantilly, VA Costco. There is one copy left at that store, and for those that were asking, it was $174.XX after tax.

[quote name='tripredicus']gargh, i'm tempted to cancel my 169.99 deepdiscount pre-order and take the $10 hit in taxes to have it today... :(

I'll email deepdiscount and see when they plan on shipping the rock band kits out i guess.[/QUOTE]

mmmm, I would go local only so you have an easy out for returns. There have been a huge # of defects w/ the drums.
that is unless you don't mind RMAing to harmonix if your instruments are DOA

My Costco only had it for the 360 which I couldn't pass up.. I wish they had the PS3 version though cause I'm getting tired of my PS3 only being a dvd player.

Over at the RB2 DD thread, someone e-mailed DD and they said that they do not have any in stock and don't know when they will be getting any at all. The hell is up with that? They can't even fulfill their pre-orders. If anyone sees RB2 for the PS3 at Costco for the $166 price, let us know.

Edit: Looks like Sam's Club has it for $167.22. I should definitely head down to one of them some time this weekend.

Thanks for the heads up Raye. I didn't get a chance to make it to Sam's yesterday. Looks like I'll pick one up there.

[quote name='DarkRed007']im sure picking this up tomorrow but i dont know if this game upscales for the ps3 version to 1080p
so i might get it for 360[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, but from what I can tell, RB2 doesn't upscale. But I have the 360 version which supports 1080. $166 is a steal for this game anyways, as the drums are fantastic and the guitar is completely overhauled (although the bundle only includes the black/white color scheme--no sunburst).

[quote name='tripredicus']gargh, i'm tempted to cancel my 169.99 deepdiscount pre-order and take the $10 hit in taxes to have it today... :(

I'll email deepdiscount and see when they plan on shipping the rock band kits out i guess.[/quote]

I am thinking the same thing, I called deepdiscount.com to see why my order is still in processing status and they said that they have not received their order of RB2 yet, and will send out asap. They said they will email and charge my Credit Card when order ships.

I called my local costco and they haven't received their order yet either. So if they get it before DD.com does, I am going to cancle my order with dd and pick it up at costco. Ill take the hit on tax to get it faster.

[quote name='jazzchamp']No RB2 bundles in any Utah county Costcos.[/quote]

The costco I called said they sometimes don't get things on release day. The lady I talked to said the main distributor of costco gets it on release, and then it takes awhile to get to their other stores. She did confirm the price of 166.98 when I called, and told me to check back later in the week for them. I guess all I can do is keep my eyes peeled.

The item number for the Xbox 360 version is 350883. To make things easier when you call them.

OK, I went to Sam's Club tonight and found both the 360 and PS3 versions of the RB2 bundle there. There were 3 of each in stock. Picked up a copy of the PS3 bundle and am rocking out now. :D

[quote name='Raye']OK, I went to Sam's Club tonight and found both the 360 and PS3 versions of the RB2 bundle there. There were 3 of each in stock. Picked up a copy of the PS3 bundle and am rocking out now. :D[/quote]

That has no effect on this thread. Did you at least get a deal?

[quote name='Smallville123']That has no effect on this thread. Did you at least get a deal?[/quote]
It's the same price at Sam's as it is at Costco.

[quote name='Smallville123']Dude im to lazy[/quote]

That is really lazy. It'd only take as much time as it took you to make a post in this thread (especially one without proper spelling and punctuation). I also don't think you realize that everyone has different sales tax rates, even from county to county. If you want something done, do it yourself.

[quote name='rapsodist']That is really lazy. It'd only take as much time as it took you to make a post in this thread (especially one without proper spelling and punctuation). I also don't think you realize that everyone has different sales tax rates, even from county to county. If you want something done, do it yourself.[/quote]

Lol i know everyone has different tax rates, and yes i suck at grammar.

bread's done
Back