Rock Band 2 Special Edition Bundle $79.99 @ Circuitcity.com

I purchased a Harmony 1 remote from them awhile back and paid no tax in MO, cheap (maybe free) shipping and it arrived very fast.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Thought Circuit City went out of business?[/QUOTE]

They did, they're dead. Systemax/Tigermax bought the domain name.

[quote name='stewie75']i think if you use bing it takes off 15% too. Could make it even cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yes, bing.com search "circuitcity" and look for the 15% bing cashback above search results.

Cashback basically pays for MOST of the shipping costs. I figured that with 15% cashback, I'm looking at $85.88 shipped for the bundle...not bad at all...

Thanks OP,

Ordered the 360 version for 79.99 and added a 1600 Live points card for 21.99 (more than retail but whatever since no tax). Free Shipping over $100 and under 25lbs.

Comes out to
$101.98
-15.30 (bing casback)
-0.00 (shipping)
----------
$86.68 for RB2 special edition and 1600 points. Not bad.

I almost pulled the trigger on this until I realized how large the pile of plastic instruments would grow in the basement. What space I have left is for my son's mega blocks. I haven't seen a better deal all year long either.

Thanks, I've been hoping to find RB2 SE for under $80 and my bro was just raving to me about the Turtle Beach wired headset so now I'm getting em both for $106 after I get my rebate check. No tax no S/H, very nice.

Hmm... seems like not many people cared about this deal after all, but I just got my RB2 today and it was obviously repackaged and only after de-wrapping nearly every piece of plastic did I realize that the actual game was missing.

So I call Circuit City and the East Indian native, while being very nice and offering to ship me a new set with free 2day air shipping, still decided I would be best served by him charging me for the set again and sending me a prepaid postage label so that I would be refunded when they process that return.

Now, I let it go so I could get what I wanted as soon as possible, but I realize that most people in my position would be quite pissed having to pay for something twice just to get it right once. Also, I just realized that the $12 I was saving from BCB is probably gonna be all messed up via this process... I hate dealing with customer service ><

Edit: Called them back after setting up the replacement order and realizing that I was not going to get the BCB for the second order and I got a man who said he was an Assistant manager and that no managers above him were currently in. He stated that they have no ability do deal with the Bing cash back and I was all set to place a new order myself when I found out that the BCB had decreased to 10%. Since the guy offered me no incentive to place a new order and did not really care at all that I have basically been screwed over, I cancelled everything and will be returning the RB2 set to get all my money back. Sucks, I was kinda excited to have RB in the house again.

Edit 2: Man, is EA's rockband support awesome, they are actually sending me the game disc so I'm going to keep my order as is through Circuit city and hope I still get my BCB but then still probably never deal with them again. The only sad thing is that I have to wait approx. 2 weeks for the game disc to arrive. I can't really complain too much when they so quickly rectified my problem on the phone though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just TigerDirect using another domain. The stupid thing is: Tiger still charges me tax because there is a CompUSA store like 4 hours from me. Thats not even a reasonable distance. If u check TigerDirect u will see they have the same price.

[quote name='sgr76']The stupid thing is: Tiger still charges me tax because there is a CompUSA store like 4 hours from me. Thats not even a reasonable distance.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with "reasonable distance." If a company has a physical presence in your state, and your state has a sales tax law, they are obligated by law to charge you tax. They would love nothing more than to not have to charge you sales tax online, because that helps their business. But they have no choice in the matter.

I just received my bundle and the game disc was in an unsealed case, smashed on one corner and the disc inside was USED with serious ring damage. All other items appear new/sealed. EA is sending a new disc but in 2-4 weeks. Most likely my last cc.com/tiger order.

bread's done
Back