Rock Band 3 $20 @ Amazon (universal drop?)

I think this is a universal drop cause it is the same price at Target also. That is where I bought it last night.

Wow that didn't take long at all. I bought it at full price and don't regret it one bit.

Makes me worry how much longer that franchise will be around...

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Damn I want to buy it, but now I feel I should hold out for a lower drop. Maybe $10 on BF?[/QUOTE]

Black Friday is MONTHS away. If you actually plan on playing it now, then no point waiting over 7 months. :p

Blarg... Just bought it for $45 from Amazon on Friday. It hasn't even arrived yet.

I hope the CS will be nice to me and credit the $25 difference :whistle2:#

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Damn I want to buy it, but now I feel I should hold out for a lower drop. Maybe $10 on BF?[/QUOTE]
$15 is the lowest I expect it will ever be. Keep in mind Rock Band 2 is still $30.

[quote name='jraypeon']Blarg... Just bought it for $45 from Amazon on Friday. It hasn't even arrived yet.

I hope the CS will be nice to me and credit the $25 difference :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]Since you've yet to receive it, I'm sure they'll credit you without a hitch. Dont give up if their first reply is a no.

[quote name='jraypeon']Blarg... Just bought it for $45 from Amazon on Friday. It hasn't even arrived yet.

I hope the CS will be nice to me and credit the $25 difference :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
you could always return it unopened and just re-order the $20 game. every time i tried to complain about a price change they deny me a credit of the difference :(

Question - do all of my existing RB2, RB1, and LRB tracks transfer over to RB3? I'll gladly pick up 80+ songs for $20 if it's compatible with all of the other songs I already have.

[quote name='JJSP']Question - do all of my existing RB2, RB1, and LRB tracks transfer over to RB3? I'll gladly pick up 80+ songs for $20 if it's compatible with all of the other songs I already have.[/QUOTE]

You have to pay 5 bucks to transfer RB1, 10 bucks to transfer RB2, and a code and 10 bucks to transfer LRB. Hope that helps

[quote name='Cheddahz']You have to pay 5 bucks to transfer RB1, 10 bucks to transfer RB2, and a code and 10 bucks to transfer LRB. Hope that helps[/QUOTE]
Well that sucks. I already spent the points to bring RB1 songs to RB2 as well as used the code to bring LRB songs to RB2. Stinks to pay it again.

[quote name='JJSP']Well that sucks. I already spent the points to bring RB1 songs to RB2 as well as used the code to bring LRB songs to RB2. Stinks to pay it again.[/QUOTE]

Exports are a one-time fee, you don't have to pay again to get RB1 and LRB in RB3. RB2 is still $10 (and the Harmonix band songs were released as a separate DLC pack). And as a heads up, you'll need the code on the back of your RB2 manual to import.

[quote name='Cheddahz']You have to pay 5 bucks to transfer RB1, 10 bucks to transfer RB2, and a code and 10 bucks to transfer LRB. Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to clarify this.....If you've already paid an export fee (whether it was Lego, Green Day or Rock Band: Billy Joel ;)) and downloaded it to your hard drive, it should recognize as dlc in rock band 3.

In theory under these circumstances you should only have to pay 10 bucks to transfer over the RB 2 setlist.

Fair warning: a handful of songs from both RB and RB 2 (Soundgarden, RHCP, and Journey come to mind) do not transfer over due to liscencing reasons, but with the demise of the Hero franchise, there is hope we'll get to see those tracks (and hopefully new ones) by those artists.

[quote name='JJSP']Well that sucks. I already spent the points to bring RB1 songs to RB2 as well as used the code to bring LRB songs to RB2. Stinks to pay it again.[/QUOTE]

If you already imported those songs to RB2, you don't have to do it again, it will just get those songs of your hard drive

that's really the business model they should have been using from the start. price the software low, sell more copies so you have a bigger install base to buy dlc

Well its now $17.99 used at Gamestop. Wait until the Gamestop buy 2 get 1 free deal later this month to get a couple other similar priced games, use your Edge card and PRESTO! $10 copy of Rockband 3.

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']...C'mon keyboard bundle!!![/QUOTE]

Same here. Although I need new drums as well. How are the RB3 drums? Do the pedals still have a 100% breaking rate?

Great price. I bought it on launch w/keyboard for 360 and love it.. so grabbing it for PS3 now.

[quote name='madbst']Same here. Although I need new drums as well. How are the RB3 drums? Do the pedals still have a 100% breaking rate?[/QUOTE]
Same drums as in RB2.

bread's done
Back