Rock Band 3 PS3 Best Buy In-store $9.99

RedvsBlue

CAGiversary!
Picked up Rock Band 3 at Best Buy earlier today for $9.99 for PS3. I'm not sure if this applied to 360 as well but this game seems to be getting harder to find in stores lately and isn't even listed on Bestbuy.com anymore. There was no tag for the game so I can't be sure but considering the markdown was automatic at the register so I'm assuming this isn't a YMMV clearance.

I saw them at my store too. Not sure how ymmv these might be.

all for xbox 360:

rockband 2 - $4.99
rockband 3 - $9.99
lego rockband - $9.99
green day rockband - $11.99
rock revolution - $2.99
band hero - $14.99
power gig - $9.99

For the rockband games, I think I remember the tag saying it was a sale until 7/23.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scottman']I saw them at my store too. Not sure how ymmv these might be.

all for xbox 360:

rockband 2 - $4.99
rockband 3 - $9.99
lego rockband - $9.99
green day rockband - $11.99
rock revolution - $2.99
band hero - $14.99
power gig - $9.99

For the rockband games, I think I remember the tag saying it was a sale until 7/23.[/QUOTE]I noticed the same prices when I was in-store today also. Looks like a nation wide sale

hmm there has to be a way to check inventory for RB3 360 and RB2 360. I just don't remember how to make the links.

Nevermind you just change the sku

Wish this was announced yesterday when I was down at TRU getting my GH5 bundle. Hopefully I can get down there and pick this up. Anyone know if there are any in South Portland, ME?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']hmm there has to be a way to check inventory for RB3 360 and RB2 360. I just don't remember how to make the links.

Nevermind you just change the sku[/QUOTE]

Where can you get the sku?

If you look in the URL after choosing to find any item in store, it will say sku********. Delete whatever numbers are there and replace it with the RB3 sku.

[quote name='momouchi']If you look in the URL after choosing to find any item in store, it will say sku********. Delete whatever numbers are there and replace it with the RB3 sku.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

if you have rock band 3 you only need the license key to download all of rock band 2's tracks. get on ea's support chat page and they will most likely just email you one free if you ask(worked for me). its not stealing because they make you pay $10 through your console regardless.

[quote name='tehsolo']if you have rock band 3 you only need the license key to download all of rock band 2's tracks. get on ea's support chat page and they will most likely just email you one free if you ask(worked for me). its not stealing because they make you pay $10 through your console regardless.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, it is stealing because part of the agreement for downloading is that you own an original copy of Rock Band 2. The $10 payment extends your license to use those songs in RB3 but only if you keep your RB2 disc.

Just got back from my BB, wanted rb3 but they didn't have it. But they had plenty Lego rb and green days, and one rb2

Stopped by the Mayfair Mall and Brown Deer Rd store in Milwaukee, WI area, but not dice on Rock Band 3. However, I did see the Wireless Keyword for $39.99 and bought it. Good price? Otherwise I'm gonna return it.

In other news, stopped by the TRU on 76th and Brown Deer and was able to nab DJ Hero 2 for $14.99.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Stopped by the Mayfair Mall and Brown Deer Rd store in Milwaukee, WI area, but not dice on Rock Band 3. However, I did see the Wireless Keyword for $39.99 and bought it. Good price? Otherwise I'm gonna return it.

In other news, stopped by the TRU on 76th and Brown Deer and was able to nab DJ Hero 2 for $14.99.[/QUOTE]

Good price. Only better that I would expect to find is used at a tag sale.

Went back to get a copy for the 360 and they were all sold out! Grrrrr, last time I was there I had one in my hand and there was at least 4 copies left.

By printing articles about the price drop (and being VERY friendly to the manager) I was able to get Mal-mart to PM the TRU and BB price drop on RB3 for Xbox 360.

I also pulled the trigger on the $9.98 Lego Rock Band and $8.18 Band Hero for Xbox on Amazon so I can export the tracks to RB3 and GH:WoR respectively. I hate buying the games just to buy the exports, but they have such great tracks and the export codes are unique one time use, so I can't just borrow a friend's copy and export.

Though I will borrow friend's RB1 and RB2 so I can export (I heard you can contact CS about RB2 and they will give you an export code since you have to pay for the export anyway, wonder if I could do that for Lego Rock Band also instead of buying it...).

I tried having my local store check inventory on RB3 360 for my area but they could only find the used copy on their internal best buy site. Hoping one of the stores still has a copy.

This is so ymmv it's not even funny. It's not searchable on their site, at least for ps3 but I did see it for the Wii. Sucks for me.

[quote name='ijustw1n']This is so ymmv it's not even funny. It's not searchable on their site, at least for ps3 but I did see it for the Wii. Sucks for me.[/QUOTE]

It's not YMMV because it's the same price at every store. Just because your particular store is sold out doesn't mean it's YMMV.

[quote name='MasterSun1']It's not YMMV because it's the same price at every store. Just because your particular store is sold out doesn't mean it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

So it's not searchable on their website but it's just sold out and a temporary sale? Makes sense!

bread's done
Back