Rock Band 4 band-in-box bundle PS4 $99.97 Costco in store YMMV?

thebranman

CAGiversary!
At my local Costco (Durham, NC). I only see PS4, no XB1. It was around $140 last week. Customer service said it's "pending delete" and there are no more deliveries scheduled. I guess it may go even lower, especially if your club only has one left.

Well, I guess this isn't a better time than any other...

Now hear this Phoenix Lurkers: 

[attachment=21832:20160501_175732.jpg][attachment=21833:20160501_175738.jpg]

From the Paradise Valley area Costco...

At one Costco out in the far reaches of the East Valley, I managed to catch an n3DS XL for $150. 

I think there's another one for $170 out in the southeast boonies too. Goooooood Luck! 

They are going to be super cheap now because mad catz won't be allowed to sell them anymore

Right now is a good time to stock up on instruments from them before the instruments come out in the fall .

My Costco (Robinson, PA) had a few XBox One packs for the clearance $99.97 as of yesterday, no PS4 that I could see.

They are going to be super cheap now because mad catz won't be allowed to sell them anymore

Right now is a good time to stock up on instruments from them before the instruments come out in the fall .
ha wow did not know that

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/harmonix-drops-struggling-mad-catz-for-rock-band-4/1100-6435440/

doesn't really mention the quality of the new company but does sound to be more high end (better then mad katz at least).

side note double bass pedal support was just added to rb4 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
PDP is not any better than Mad Catz. MC can make a quality product in the higher end but that stuff tends to be more niche and can't carry them. PDP makes a lot of stuff on behalf of Sony and Nintendo and their stuff is hit and miss but they're basically the modern Mad Catz but making licensed products. When you compare higher end items like fight sticks, and presumably instruments, I don't think PDP quite measures up.

Very few Costco's in my state. Went to the nearest one and barely anyone working there even knew they sold video games. Finally found an employee that said they saw what they thought was games. Go there and it was in a small corner and just Guitar Hero Live single packs. 

I had Sam's Club last year and Costco this year and haven't noticed much difference other than I don't bother going through electronics because it's all high end stuff and there's very little media to be randomly marked down.

Do I need a membership to get in or can I just pay the % charge like Sam's Club?
There will be a percentage fee or sometimes just not let you purchase but if you ask someone in line to let you use their card, they would more than likely let you use it because of the cash back they would receive from it.

There will be a percentage fee or sometimes just not let you purchase but if you ask someone in line to let you use their card, they would more than likely let you use it because of the cash back they would receive from it.
From my experience I see problems with this senario:

They wont let you in the front door without flashing your membership card

(This is more of a fact then anything) Only being an Executive Member gives you cash back.

Membership cards have the picture of the member on them. Its suppose to be policy for cashiers to check for that and they can refuse to let you buy stuff if your not the person giving them the card.

From my experience I see problems with this senario:

They wont let you in the front door without flashing your membership card

(This is more of a fact then anything) Only being an Executive Member gives you cash back.

Membership cards have the picture of the member on them. Its suppose to be policy for cashiers to check for that and they can refuse to let you buy stuff if your not the person giving them the card.
To get through the door, you can say you are there to buy something from the food court or buy liquor. Both they will sell to you without a membership card.

With the membership card picture, I have gone maybe four times with a family member's card. Only once did they not say anything about it. If I were to try to buy a $100 video game, they would for sure check and for sure show me the door.

If you know somebody with a membership have them buy you a cash card. That will let you shop without a membership and if your total runs over you just pay the difference.
I went in and no one cared that I didn't have a membership. Sam's Club normally stops people at the door.

Also noticed that Sam's Club has a lot more videogames / electronics in their store.

I went in and no one cared that I didn't have a membership. Sam's Club normally stops people at the door.

Also noticed that Sam's Club has a lot more videogames / electronics in their store.
Did you actually buy anything though? At mine is says you are free to browse but you can't buy anything besides booze without a membership.

Found a Costco that had 4 PS4 packs. Was going to get one but saw Amazon and MadCatz have it for $170. Think they're going to drop again to passed on it.

bread's done
Back