rock band!!! 9.4 ign

[quote name='dchen5']anyone figure out how gh3 and rockband guitars are compatible?http://ps3.ign.com/articles/836/836144p1.html[/quote]

rb_compatibility.jpg

I have been playing this game for the last two hours. It is a blast! Just been playing some solo and two person multi-player and can't wait to get four people together on this. God bless those willing to break street dates!

The powered hub feels VERY cheap. Especially where the power cord plugs into it. Everything else seems fairly well made for the price.

The review mentions that a patch is on the way to add online World Tour mode. I remember that this feature got cut, but don't recall any announcement that they were working on adding it back in. Anyone heard about this patch coming from anywhere else. It would be really great if it did - and I can't see there being significant technical issues (only the question of whether everyone in the band requires a given piece of DLC for it to be playable).

[quote name='Duke Vandal']
rb_compatibility.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thats for 360, is it the same for ps3? i wanna get rock band but the thought that i cant play GH3 pisses me off

actually there are reports that the GH3 ps3 controller doesn't work with rockband.

anyway Not a suprise. And people complaining about the cost don't know what they're talking about. This is damn cheap for what you're getting. When they first released drummania alone for ps2 that cost $200 for the game and the crappiest drum controller ever.

I paid $380 for my IIDX controller alone (granted it's an arcade style one) but when IIDX first came to the Ps2 years ago I paid $100 to have it imported

$170 is chump change.

"Overall though, the drums are the most fun part in Rock Band, at least in my opinion, and add a whole new dimension to rhythm games. Sure, we've had bongos and taiko drums before, but you have to have at least a five-piece drum set to get the full power of rock on, something that Rock Band achieves wholly."

Wow somone at IGN's never played Drummania before........

Can I just point out that if the situation were reversed and the PS3 version was the wired one, there is no way they'd get equal scores :)

[quote name='Zoglog']
Wow somone at IGN's never played Drummania before........[/QUOTE]
It was the same thing when GH first hit, reviewers acted as if Guitar Freaks didn't exist. Harmonix is obviously inspired by the Japanese counterparts to their game and I give them lots of credit for bringing it mainstream. Its just not as new as people think.

[quote name='CouRageouS']It was the same thing when GH first hit, reviewers acted as if Guitar Freaks didn't exist. Harmonix is obviously inspired by the Japanese counterparts to their game and I give them lots of credit for bringing it mainstream. Its just not as new as people think.[/QUOTE]

I love what rockband is doing by providing the in-home experience at a low cost. And Granted the game is great in it's own right, but it's stupid comments which call on the addition of "drums" as revolutionary that annoy me.

Complete ripoff of Guitar Freaks: Revolutionary and innovative 10/10!!
Complete ripoff of GF/DM: ZOMG ultra revolutionary and innovative 10/10!!

Shaq-fuing companies if you're going to just steal everything from Japan and bring it over here as "new and exciting" why don't you bring over Pop'n already. Pop'n is the best game series of all the Bemani series by far. Japan agrees and Japan is always right.

The demo I dealt with was complete and utter trash. I watched the budget-caliber game captivate the drooling, moronic customers when I worked at Best Buy.

That demo sucked as much as my job there did.

The anime crowd that know the music games in japan seem to dislike this, while the uncultured Americans seem to love it.

If the music list was AAA+ I would buy the whole thing just for the drums, but now I think I'm going to wait just for the drum release. Southpark made me realize how stupid playing guitar hero makes you look.

[quote name='Theduck']The anime crowd that know the music games in japan seem to dislike this, while the uncultured Americans seem to love it.

If the music list was AAA+ I would buy the whole thing just for the drums, but now I think I'm going to wait just for the drum release. Southpark made me realize how stupid playing guitar hero makes you look.[/QUOTE]

not really, i've been playing bemani since 1998 and I enjoy guitar hero and I'm definitely picking up rockband. While the games are far from innovative, they offer a nice fresh breath of advancement in the genre that has staled the bemani industry with mix after mix. However, while Guitar hero's setup is superior to guitar freaks, the drums in rockband are far inferior to drummania's setup.

But in the end it's different songs and therefore goes to apples and oranges. So it's all about personal preference, but i've found both games to be incredibly fun. But reviewers in the gaming press should know better to claim originality for these games.

[quote name='Theduck']Southpark made me realize how stupid playing guitar hero makes you look.[/QUOTE]
Was that the point of the episode? I couldn't tell if they liked GH or were making fun of it or both :lol:

[quote name='Jeoff']Complete ripoff of Guitar Freaks: Revolutionary and innovative 10/10!!

Shaq-fuing companies if you're going to just steal everything from Japan and bring it over here as "new and exciting" why don't you bring over Pop'n already. Pop'n is the best game series of all the Bemani series by far. Japan agrees and Japan is always right.[/QUOTE]I agree. I'm even more pissed at Red Octane for making it where they can only make guitar games on consoles (well, meaning just Guitar) because Konami actually registered the trademark Guitar Revolution (I remember hearing some kind of news about that) and it was speculated to be a Guitar Freaks, but now we can't get it. :(

Pop'n Music does rock though. I wish that, Keyboard Mania, Para Para Paradise, etc. were released here.

[quote name='whoknows']Was that the point of the episode? I couldn't tell if they liked GH or were making fun of it or both :lol:[/QUOTE]

They were making fun of gamers who treat high scores as something to brag about.

And Mana, you can always import the games if you want, they are very import friendly. I have Keyboardmania/GF/DM and a bunch of IIDXs as well as a badass IIDX controller.

Red Octane is a pretty pathetic company

considering that the GH3 controller works for Rockband, and the part everyone LOVES in Rockband is the drums anyways, i'll just buy the drumkit/game later when it isnt bundled.

After all, no one is going to fuck ing sing on that thing anyways, lord knows im not. None of my friends will either, assuming they ever come over between finals and what not. So forget the extra guitar and mic, i'll just get the drums and use the GH3 guitar, a perfect duo and a fraction of the cost.

I'm hearing the Guitar Hero III PS3 Les Paul controllers aren't working on PS3 Rock Band... Can anyone confirm this? I won't get mine until tomorrow and I was thinking about buying Guitar Hero 3 for an extra guitar...

Well, that is garbage news... Thanks for the link.

I'll be getting the 360 version + Guitar Hero II now thank you very much... :(

[quote name='Zoglog']I love what rockband is doing by providing the in-home experience at a low cost. And Granted the game is great in it's own right, but it's stupid comments which call on the addition of "drums" as revolutionary that annoy me.[/quote]

That's the one thing that gets me about reviews as of late. There are a growing number of them in magazines that I tend to ignore the other games that have come beforehand. It usually doesn't mean much to me other than "hmmm...maybe I should rethink the opinion here..." but it's a bit troubling.

Oh well. Time to go back to importing some Pop'n Music controllers. That'll be a grand ol' time!

[quote name='Vanigan']Actually, the problem seems to be affecting all guitars.[/QUOTE]

The 360 xplorer and Les Paul controller for 360 have been confirmed to work on Rock Band... :/

I'm gonna try to pick up the game either tonight or tomorrow. So for the ps3 do any of the gh controllers work? I need a 2nd guitar. So I was gonna pick up gh for that.

[quote name='MarkMan']The 360 xplorer and Les Paul controller for 360 have been confirmed to work on Rock Band... :/[/QUOTE]I think when third parties release some accessories on PS3, they'll make it work with both games. But yeah, it sucks that Red Octane is so stingy IMO.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I'm gonna try to pick up the game either tonight or tomorrow. So for the ps3 do any of the gh controllers work? I need a 2nd guitar. So I was gonna pick up gh for that.[/QUOTE]

According to the link I posted, it looks like none of the GH guitars work for Rock Band. You might have to wait until they either make the guitars compatible (via patch) or for the Rock Band guitar to be sold separately next year.

http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showpost.php?p=120640&postcount=77\

What's interesting is when IGN posted their "Guitar Compatibility Test" it was for the 360 version only. That link has an IGN Editor's comments on why the PS3 bundle was not made available for them to review at first.

Man I wish there was some better side by side comparisons of the Ps3 and xbox 360 versions. I currently have the 360 version in my apt now, but the ps3 one is arriving on wed via amazon and I just don't know which one to choose.

The PS3 will def catch a nicer re-sell value though Since it's way less available (10 PS3s and 60+ 360's at my location)

[quote name='Jeoff']Complete ripoff of Guitar Freaks: Revolutionary and innovative 10/10!!

Shaq-fuing companies if you're going to just steal everything from Japan and bring it over here as "new and exciting" why don't you bring over Pop'n already. Pop'n is the best game series of all the Bemani series by far. Japan agrees and Japan is always right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and GF and DM suck ass. Welcome to my ignore list.

Well crap... now I don't know what to do. I ordered game only from Amazon, content with using my GH3 controller... and now this. I don't care how good a deal the bundle is, it's still $170. I just can't fathom spending that much for another guitar I shouldn't need, a mic I don't want, and drums I'm not sure about.

Wonder if they will actually release a patch to make the GH guitar work, and if so, how long that will take?

Post impressions on the drums... how difficult they are compared to guitar, how fun, etc. My husband has expressed some interest, but he won't try GH3 because it looks too hard (even on easy), so if the drums are more or as difficult, I can forget justifying the purchase that way :p

I just grabbed it at my local Fry's . They had a stack there still of both PS3 and 360 versions. I stood there for a little bit wondering which one to purchase but I went for the PS3 version. None of my 360 friends are getting it so I took the PS3 jump.

Online at least Best Buy says it is all sold out so I was really surprised to see so many at Frys. Will open up the box at lunch and give it a try. I am really excited to give the drums a try.

My local Target got 6 of each, sold 4 360 bundles and 5 PS3 bundles. Funny considering I assumed I'd get one for sure since nobody has a PS3, but around here it's evidently not the case.

[quote name='evanft']Yeah, and GF and DM suck ass. Welcome to my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Wow Evan, can we be as cool as you and proclaim every time we ignore somebody? I mean! it's so important to know and we all want to be important feeling like you!

Well I picked up the bundle. Target had one PS3 one out on the shelf. I figured I'd buy it while it was available and then I can decide later if I should keep it or not. I'll hold off on opening it until I hear some impressions, though. So far the flimsy guitar report isn't impressing me much :p

Thanks for the heads up on the guitar issue. Certainly a bummer if that is a big problem. Will be careful with mine.. Just got everything put together.

It really doesn't look good. I noticed this ALOT with the demo units. I figured it was because they were prototypes but I guess not........

The Demo Guitar was TERRIBLE. Also tell me how your supposed to get the full rock band experience on ps3 if guitars aren't sold seperatly? Oh, drums were sick btw

I got a copy of just the game from a fellow CAG and can't get it to work. The GH guitar works fine but when I go to do solo career it says microphone not detected. I'm just trying to play the guitar portion. Is that possible?

[quote name='Scarface7']I got a copy of just the game from a fellow CAG and can't get it to work. The GH guitar works fine but when I go to do solo career it says microphone not detected. I'm just trying to play the guitar portion. Is that possible?[/QUOTE]
it has been said already that the GH3 controllers dont work with RB on the PS3

bread's done
Back