Rock Band: AC/DC + shirt + DVD = $39.88 (Wal-Mart)

Corvin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I didn't save the ad since I figured it would have been posted already, but you can get Rock Band: AC/DC on the platform of your choice, a T-shirt and the recently released Live DVD for $39.88. SRP of the game by itself is $39.88. Now's where it gets fuzzy, I THINK it's good through tomorrow, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

These were stickered $42 at the Walmart I went to but ring up $39.88. I think the BF price is $39.88. Either way, it's a good deal.

Just an FYI , the Blu-ray of the No Bull concert should scan for $10.00 .
If you're really into AC/DC you could buy this bundle plus the Blu-ray and gift the DVD .

[quote name='misbitski']These were stickered $42 at the Walmart I went to but ring up $39.88. I think the BF price is $39.88. Either way, it's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Wow, now that's a worthwhile deal.

I just picked up a copy of this (used) from gamestop.

It's stickered 19.99... and with the b2g1 free + edge... .. well that's what motivated me to pick it up.

[quote name='Hair6a11']I just picked up a copy of this (used) from gamestop.

It's stickered 19.99... and with the b2g1 free + edge... .. well that's what motivated me to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Did someone use the download code? Thats the only thing that would prevent me from getting it used, I have no use for it if I have to use the AC/DC disc instead of using the Rock Band 2 disc.

[quote name='pinoy530']Did someone use the download code? Thats the only thing that would prevent me from getting it used, I have no use for it if I have to use the AC/DC disc instead of using the Rock Band 2 disc.[/QUOTE]

250 achievement points ?

I went to three walmarts yesterday and not a one of them had this. They didnt' say "sold out", they said "I can't find it." They had plenty of the pack alone for sale, so maybe they weren't in a hurry to sell the bundle. I might head out today to see if I can find it.
The price was at least for Fri and Sat.
Odds are someone used the code on a tradein copy, there are dozens of copies of codeless packs on Ebay. And for some reason people are paying 60 for new copies. I'd rather have the songs included in my RB2 gaming experience than lose that functionality for 250 potential gamerpoints. Of course, buying it new I could have both, but I don't really like the method they've chosen to sell and cripple this.

[quote name='Richlough']250 achievement points ?[/QUOTE]

I don't care nor understand the fascination with achievement points.

I am having trouble finding this as well. The first walmart I went to only have PS3 and PS2 versions of the bundle and the second walmart had no bundles.

In my Walmart, these packs were strangely placed away from the video games, and closer to the Ipod/Zune section of electronics. Also, the boxes for the 4 different versions look awfully similar (looking at the front, the only difference is the logo), so employees have probably grouped them all together...at first I thought they had sold out of the Xbox 360 version, but after looking behind the PS2/PS3 copies stacked in front, I found the 360 and Wii versions behind them.

Oh well, I purchased the game from Sam's Club yesterday for 35.77....would have bit on this for the concert dvd and shirt, but at least I didn't have to step foot in a walmart.

I just got back from walmart (before reading your post about them being placed in the ipod section.) I asked someone else (a different person from whom I asked yesterday.) Not only did "we sell out", but "we never saw them here in electronics". What the hell? It's a DVD and a GAME and a SHIRT. 2 out of 3 of them are electronics. "They may have been up by the tshirts." Yeah that makes sense. Of course that's at the front of the store and I didn't see them there yesterday or today.
Unless it sold out yesterday (at all of three stores I went to by noon yesterday), this is ridiculous. It should not be this hard to buy an advertised product.
I wouldn't mind digging through a stack to find the 360 version...if I could find the stack!

I picked one up today and played it on my brothers 360.
I didn't know the disc was a "stand alone" game and/or down-loadable content.
It was serious fun.
The audio sounds more like studio tracks than I expected.

[quote name='dtcarson']I just got back from walmart (before reading your post about them being placed in the ipod section.) I asked someone else (a different person from whom I asked yesterday.) Not only did "we sell out", but "we never saw them here in electronics". What the hell? It's a DVD and a GAME and a SHIRT. 2 out of 3 of them are electronics. "They may have been up by the tshirts." Yeah that makes sense. Of course that's at the front of the store and I didn't see them there yesterday or today.
Unless it sold out yesterday (at all of three stores I went to by noon yesterday), this is ridiculous. It should not be this hard to buy an advertised product.
I wouldn't mind digging through a stack to find the 360 version...if I could find the stack![/QUOTE]

LOL . I saw a full on Rock Band set up in the back corner of the men's t-shirt section . It was back during the week that the new CD came out .

These were in kind of a weird spot when I picked mine up. Cashier had some of the boxes, and the rest were on an endcap in the electronics section, but not with the videogames. At first I thought they were sold out because I couldn't find them in the VG section.

So for $40 it's only a track pack (of 18 tracks)? Apparently you must own a copy of the complete game in order for this to work, right?

[quote name='techstar25']So for $40 it's only a track pack (of 18 tracks)? Apparently you must own a copy of the complete game in order for this to work, right?[/QUOTE]

While you can import the tracks into Rock Band 1/2, the game is standalone. You do NOT need any other version to use this disc (provided you have your own instruments), and the disc has 250 achievement points to boot.

I originally felt that $40 was too expensive when the disc was first announced, but the bundle with the dvd and t-shirt for the same price makes it worth it. While I'm sure the disc-only version will drop to $20 at some point next year, I don't think you'll be seeing these bundle packs around at all past the next few months. My guess is that they got these packs in specifically for Black Friday, and they won't be replenished.

Well, it exists. Walmart today had two copies of the PS2 version, and one copy of the PS3 version. The lady claimed it sold out Friday and was in the game rack; if so, they sure filled the slot fast because I was there at noon and saw nothing. Oh well.

bread's done
Back