Rock Band [DEMO UNIT] @ Walmart! YMMV - Branford, CT.

[quote name='techstar25']I used that trick and put in the zip code for Branford, CT (as in the OP's subject line), and he's right. It would appear that they at least have it in the system at that store, they "carry the product". All other stores, it doesnt' show up as being carried at all.
I copied the search results below.

By the way, to check yours...
1. Go to walmart.com
2. Search for item 7789035 (PS3 version) or 7789034 (xbx360 verson).
3. While on the product page, paste the code from the above quote into your URL bar, replacing the number with the version number of your choice. Don't forget the semicolon. Press enter.
4. A javascript box should pop up allowing you to put in your zip code.
5. Bingo!

By the way, I'd like to send a big fuck you to all the haters who doubted the OP.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't find anything with it, but it worked for me. Thanks for the information and I'll be sure to keep refreshing through the next few days. Hopefully a store in Ohio will get one eventually. I checked for a PS3 copy to see if the Huber Heights store somehow had it in their system but to my avail the clerk was being straight with me.

This is going to haunt the rest of my day, any other Ohians that want to team up just give me a message.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Couldn't find anything with it, but it worked for me. Thanks for the information and I'll be sure to keep refreshing through the next few days. Hopefully a store in Ohio will get one eventually. I checked for a PS3 copy to see if the Huber Heights store somehow had it in their system but to my avail the clerk was being straight with me.

This is going to haunt the rest of my day, any other Ohians that want to team up just give me a message.[/quote]

I still can't get it to work. Can someone check zip codes: 22310 & 20005

Thanks

[quote name='tw4win']I still can't get it to work. Can someone check zip codes: 22310 & 20005

Thanks[/quote]

We found no stores within 100 miles of 20005 that carry this product. Please try a new search. (In-stock status is approximate and was last updated on 11/01/2007 at 12:00 AM, E.T.)

We found no stores within 100 miles of 22310 that carry this product. Please try a new search. (In-stock status is approximate and was last updated on 11/01/2007 at 12:00 AM, E.T.)

Techstar, thanks for the heads up bud. I checked every major city from Houston all the way to the mexico border and nothing. I guess it will be a refresh game on wal-mart.com :p

Yeah, couldn't find any in Texas either...oh well...I still have to finish GH3, but if I find this...BAM....I'm picking it up!

So just to recap what the majority have said in this thread:

No, it's not a demo.

Yes, it's available for purchase.

And yes, some people have picked it up, including myself (bought an Xbox 360 version this morning, and it's actually kind of fun). So, to all the haters, here comes a big double finger from "Liarsville, PA" and you're all invited to blow me. When you're finished, make sure you blow the OP, too. Not only was his information valid, but it was very helpful to a lot of people here. It is concievable that people will put stuff out early, so instead of going "OMGWTFLIAR" shut your fucking hole if you don't know. This isn't a "bitch because you didn't find it" thread, it's a thread to let people know.. Jesus.

Just my two cents.

And in case anyone's interested, Salt Lake City's Wal-Mart has one Xbox360 & one pS3, and the one in Springville has a PS3 version left. Go fetch.

[quote name='jaysapathy']So just to recap what the majority have said in this thread:

No, it's not a demo.

And yes, some people have picked it up, including myself (bought an Xbox 360 version this morning, and it's actually kind of fun). So, to all the haters, here comes a big double finger from "Liarsville, PA" and you're all invited to blow me. When you're finished, make sure you blow the OP, too. Not only was his information valid, but it was very helpful to a lot of people here. It is concievable that people will put stuff out early, so instead of going "OMGWTFLIAR" shut your fucking hole if you don't know. This isn't a "bitch because you didn't find it" thread, it's a thread to let people know.. Jesus.

Just my two cents.

And in case anyone's interested, Salt Lake City's Wal-Mart has one Xbox360 & one pS3, and the one in Springville has a PS3 version left. Go fetch.[/quote]
Sweet, good job dude. If you don't mind, could you post some pics of the drums up close and maybe some screenshots of how the menus are laid out? Just curious. :)

[quote name='jaysapathy']So just to recap what the majority have said in this thread:

No, it's not a demo.

Just my two cents.

And in case anyone's interested, Salt Lake City's Wal-Mart has one Xbox360 & one pS3, and the one in Springville has a PS3 version left. Go fetch.[/QUOTE]

Sweet find. Can we get some info on how the Solo Tour is set up? Is it just like the GH series or can you create a character, etc?

I'll post more on it when I get home from work in some-odd hours. Just reply here with what you want to know, and I'll see what I can do.

Jay

[quote name='jaysapathy']I'll post more on it when I get home from work in some-odd hours. Just reply here with what you want to know, and I'll see what I can do.

Jay[/quote]

Did you have to do any begging or pleading to get them to sell it to you? Or did the register accept it just fine?

Congrats to those who got in on this. Let's hope this starts of flood of "mistakes" by retailers that allow us to get this before Thanksgiving week.

I want to send another thanks to the OP and personally I feel that if someone is a veteran member, posts without trying to extort anyone or spam, etc. then they should be trusted. I know if I was in the situation where I saw this I could only have done the same as the OP, I'm not about to run home, grab a camera, go back to the store, take photos, upload photos, etc. just so some random people I don't know believe me 100%.

Thanks OP and please don't stop posting finds like this!

[quote name='Shampy']I can't get it to work, can someone check 33018 for me?[/quote]

The PS3 one wont work for me due to it being out of stock (i believe). But there are no 360 versions in 100 miles of you.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Couldn't find anything with it, but it worked for me. Thanks for the information and I'll be sure to keep refreshing through the next few days. Hopefully a store in Ohio will get one eventually. I checked for a PS3 copy to see if the Huber Heights store somehow had it in their system but to my avail the clerk was being straight with me.

This is going to haunt the rest of my day, any other Ohians that want to team up just give me a message.[/quote]

I'd help you out, but the steps above don't work for me. I'm in Columbus.

Could someone please check the 43230 zip code for me? I'd really apprciate it.

[quote name='Vilkata']Can someone check 67217 for the 360 version for me?[/quote]
Search Results
We found no stores within 100 miles of 67217 that carry this product. Please try a new search. (In-stock status is approximate and was last updated on 11/01/2007 at 12:00 AM, E.T.)

[quote name='ewto16']I'd help you out, but the steps above don't work for me. I'm in Columbus.[/quote]

What's your zip up there? I'll try and keep you posted throughout the day, let me know of any big breaks if you come across anything. I'm going to try and do my best considering being at work and having to eventually go to class for a few hours.

Checked:
Search Results
We found no stores within 100 miles of 43230 that carry this product. Please try a new search. (In-stock status is approximate and was last updated on 11/01/2007 at 12:00 AM, E.T.)

I'm pretty sure we are within 100 miles of eachother, but the extra radius might help. What's up with the time on the search result?

[quote name='ewto16']I'd help you out, but the steps above don't work for me. I'm in Columbus.

Could someone please check the 43230 zip code for me? I'd really apprciate it.[/quote]

No walmarts in columbus have it as far as i know....I checked the two I know of closest to campus by actually driving there. And the store availability isn't showing anything for around here.

According to the web site, no Walmarts near Salt Lake City have any in stock- so either they sold the last two that Jay saw or perhaps the web site isn't completely accurate.

Thanks for checking the Columbus area. Perhaps the web site isn't totally up to date. I think I have to run out later, so maybe I'll swing by the one Wal-Mart near me.

does anyone think with wal-mart selling Rock Band early will allow other retailers to start selling their own stock of Rock Band whenever they receive it?

[quote name='ewto16']Thanks for checking the Columbus area. Perhaps the web site isn't totally up to date. I think I have to run out later, so maybe I'll swing by the one Wal-Mart near me.[/quote]
On the slim chance that you have a stroke of luck and come across an extra 360 copy and you have enough to take a tempory hit in funds then could you pick up an extra copy for a certain somebody in Dayton? I'll seriously drive there tonight with much graditude, and a little something extra for your help.

In reality the first copy I find, if I have enough luck to even find one, is going to my friend. He's willing to lead a caravan if need be to get this game early, and he just so happens to be my neighbor so I'll be able to play Rock Band whenever I want.

Good luck!

[quote name='Cable387']Not working for me either. I might just drop by later, but can someone check 92376 for me? Thanks if someone does.[/quote]

Nothing for 92376

I'm going to lose my fucking mind over this huge, huge street date break.

Guess I'll start checking WM.com every half hour...

Glad the code was helpful. You can actually use it on any product page, so you can actually skip the searching step and just click whatever is on the home page.

For people who can't get it to work, try using Firefox.

[quote name='uglyteradon']On the slim chance that you have a stroke of luck and come across an extra 360 copy and you have enough to take a tempory hit in funds then could you pick up an extra copy for a certain somebody in Dayton? I'll seriously drive there tonight with much graditude, and a little something extra for your help.

In reality the first copy I find, if I have enough luck to even find one, is going to my friend. He's willing to lead a caravan if need be to get this game early, and he just so happens to be my neighbor so I'll be able to play Rock Band whenever I want.

Good luck![/quote]

Yep, if I see a 360 copy, I'll snag it.

Man, I'd love if they just opened the flood gates. Now would be way better than the oxygen vacuum of Thanksgiving week anyways. Start getting them in hands now would get people talking, YouTube videos rocking and by Thanksgiving, non-traditionals will be looking for this bad boy.

According to a post by a Harmonix employee on their boards today, retailers have only received demo versions. So even though Walmart is selling them, they may actually just be the demos, which have a limited playlist and possibly no drum pedal. I guess we'll find out later when Jay opens his.

[quote name='admanimal']According to a post by a Harmonix employee on their boards today, retailers have only received demo versions. So even though Walmart is selling them, they may actually just be the demos, which have a limited playlist and possibly no drum pedal. I guess we'll find out later when Jay opens his.[/quote]

I was under the impression that he had already opened it...

Regarding the Javascript, I'm using Firefox and still can't get it to work...

Just came back from both of my Wal-Marts.

First off, let me say I used the online checker, and it said none were in stock.

But both Walmarts had it, only for ps3 though. The employee did say that it said they would have 360 versions by Monday!!!

So here's a pic I took with my iPhone...it's a little blurry because I was so excited , only to be let down to see that it was the PS3 version. :(

img0002sg9.jpg

The lady also said that they just got it in last night!! WOOT WOOT

Everybody, don't go by what the website says....go to your walmart and check!!

[quote name='muncle']Just came back from both of my Wal-Marts.

First off, let me say I used the online checker, and it said none were in stock.

But both Walmarts had it, only for ps3 though. The employee did say that it said they would have 360 versions by Monday!!!

So here's a pic I took with my iPhone...it's a little blurry because I was so excited , only to be let down to see that it was the PS3 version. :(

img0002sg9.jpg

The lady also said that they just got it in last night!! WOOT WOOT

Everybody, don't go by what the website says....go to your walmart and check!![/QUOTE]

I want a 360 version...
lamerz...

[quote name='ZaphodBB1']What was the price? I can't tell from your photo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry about that..The price was typical Wal-Mart style of $169.87 or something like that

Looks like 169.82.

I'm going to have to check out my local stores to see if they have it. I really don't want/need it, but I'll probably pick it up if they have it.

This thread makes me feel like a kid again. Kind of like i am popping firecrackers in the city right next to a cop....or something...

[quote name='muncle']Yeah sorry about that..The price was typical Wal-Mart style of $169.87 or something like that[/quote]
Hey where in texas did you find that btw? I have been looking everywhere!

Edit: and sorry for the double post :/

[quote name='Mars10']Hey where in texas did you find that btw? I have been looking everywhere!

Edit: and sorry for the double post :/[/QUOTE]

I'm in the midland/odessa area...so I've checked both of the walmarts in this area! ha
I'm even thinking of checking the sam's clubs since its kinda walmart

I swear to god, nothing huge ever gets released early at Wal Mart, Target, or Toys R US in the DC area. I just called a couple of stores around me and the clerks say that they don't have it. I'll still check out the stores later today...

If anyone spots one in the DC area or a 50 mile radius of it let me know...

has anybody in the buffalo area checked yet, and if not, can somebody put the 14260 area code in to search the inventory to see if its available around here?

[quote name='UberCAG']has anybody in the buffalo area checked yet, and if not, can somebody put the 14260 area code in to search the inventory to see if its available around here?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, nothing for either version.

bread's done
Back