Rock Band [DEMO UNIT] @ Walmart! YMMV - Branford, CT.

Can someone check 15217 for me? Want to see if there are any available in Pittsburgh, I don't care what system it is for.

[quote name='masked lemon']Can someone check 15217 for me? Want to see if there are any available in Pittsburgh, I don't care what system it is for.[/quote]

No for either 360 or PS3 versions. You might check the store closest to you to make sure.

[quote name='techstar25']

By the way, to check yours...
1. Go to walmart.com
2. Search for item 7789035 (PS3 version) or 7789034 (xbx360 verson).
3. While on the product page, paste the code from the above quote into your URL bar, replacing the number with the version number of your choice. Don't forget the semicolon. Press enter.
4. A javascript box should pop up allowing you to put in your zip code.
5. Bingo!

By the way, I'd like to send a big fuck you to all the haters who doubted the OP.[/quote]

Works but nothing within 100 miles... Thanks for the how to and thanks OP.

[quote name='kfrancia']can anyone check 60139...
im about ready to take off to look for a 360 version[/quote]
Search Results
We found no stores within 100 miles of 60139 that carry this product. Please try a new search. (In-stock status is approximate and was last updated on 11/01/2007 at 12:00 AM, E.T.)

AND MASKED LEMON

Search Results
We found no stores within 100 miles of 15217 that carry this product. Please try a new search. (In-stock status is approximate and was last updated on 11/01/2007 at 12:00 AM, E.T.)

Im sitting at school right now and this is driving me crazy, i really dont trust the in stock thing just because i dont think i have read a post where its been confirmed in store using it. I could be wrong and I appreciate whoever posted the tracker since its keeping me from going insane in my desk right now....:bouncy:

I'm curious to know whether or not people who are finding these are seeing them at Supercenters or even at regular Wally Worlds. I just feel there's better potential at the Supercenters because of their larger assortment of products, in general. Unfortunately, I've moved decently far away from my closest Supercenter and only have one regular store nearby to check.

[quote name='masked lemon']Can someone check 15217 for me? Want to see if there are any available in Pittsburgh, I don't care what system it is for.[/quote]
Just a heads up, but you may want to shrink down that pic in your sig. It is way beyond the limits of signature pics, both in dimensions and file size. Just letting you know before someone complains and an uberMod 'fixes it' for you. Thanks.

Signature Guidelines

Please keep the dimension of your images under 200 pixels high and the total size of all your images under 50KB. Signatures only appear once per page. You must have been registered for 30 days in order to create a signature.

[quote name='Iron Angel']quezwood and lawl, both are no go's, Note: that is checking for the 360 version since thats the only tracker i can get to work.[/quote]Damn, ok. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='dizzlle01']I also saw two left at my local walmart in porter ranch, ca. I just got guitar hero 3, so I guess Rock Band have to wait. Between Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty 4, Mario Galaxy, Assasin Creed, Mass Effect, I can wait.[/quote]
This is great I only live 10 minutes away from here =) I'll go soon and report back here!

Glad others are having some luck! Thanks for the pic Muncle! Also thanks for the positive replies to this post. I felt quite discouraged with the early posts being so negative. As to why I didn't purchase the PS3 version when I saw it, I can't afford to go $170 in the hole right now, just to scalp on eBay, let alone that it's against my morals of gouging other gamers!... I AM a CAG after all! Thanks again guys.

[quote name='tw4win']I swear to god, nothing huge ever gets released early at Wal Mart, Target, or Toys R US in the DC area. I just called a couple of stores around me and the clerks say that they don't have it. I'll still check out the stores later today...

If anyone spots one in the DC area or a 50 mile radius of it let me know...[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you are dead wrong. We in the DC metro area have been privy to the early releases, off the top of my head, of the DS Lite @ Target and a handful of games from TRU. Just got to be fast around these parts as there are ton of FW, SD and CAGs in the area.

zander its says its not availble for the 360 version.

I honestly think its a cover, but i do believe there was a bestbuy demo for sale on ebay and it was described as the full game...

[quote name='lurknomore']No offense, but you are dead wrong. We in the DC metro area have been privy to the early releases, off the top of my head, of the DS Lite @ Target and a handful of games from TRU. Just got to be fast around these parts as there are ton of FW, SD and CAGs in the area.[/quote]

I guess you're right. I'm just never fast enough. :)

Okay i g2g back to class if anyone else wants me to check their zips for 360 versions i can when i get home in a couple hours, until then someone else can check for the people who cant get it to work.

If anyone has their hands on a copy but can't get to a PS3/360 to check if it's a demo, you can try just opening it up and checking if there's a bass pedal. The demos shouldn't have bass pedals with the drum kit.

I stopped at my local store, and I talked to a guy there. The store had received a call from their DM or from corporate saying that the "copy of Rock Band that they had in stock wasn't labelled as such, but is a demo unit." He went in back, and brought the disc out, which clearly stated "Demo" on the disc. He was going to check for the footpedal, but he said there was so much crap in the box that it would take too long to do so.

As to people saying that there's a "cover-up" going on, I completely agree. I don't even know if that was a real package or the demo pack, or if he just grabbed some demo disk off of a shelf, since he went in back to get it.

[quote name='Mars10']Techstar, thanks for the heads up bud. I checked every major city from Houston all the way to the mexico border and nothing. I guess it will be a refresh game on wal-mart.com :p[/QUOTE]
All the way to the Mexico border? You planning a trip all the way to Brownsville for this game or something? Crazy. :) Anyways, I'm going to check a few W-Ms in my area after work (Houston.)

[quote name='ScottG13']Man, I'd love if they just opened the flood gates. Now would be way better than the oxygen vacuum of Thanksgiving week anyways. Start getting them in hands now would get people talking, YouTube videos rocking and by Thanksgiving, non-traditionals will be looking for this bad boy.[/QUOTE]
Yes. That would be awesome.

[quote name='FailedNinja']http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?p=98639#post98639

Official word out of Harmonix is those are demo packages.
Maybe they're just trying to cover it up, but at the very least be sure when you make the purchase.

Edit: grammar police let me off with a warning[/quote]

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but I'm thinking that's a cover-up. Since when do demo versions of software come packaged in the full retail box? Getting a developer to acknowledge the early release of a game is hard enough but it's 21 days early and with this large of a title there's no way they would confirm it. That would be as good as telling everyone that has copies to break street date and sell them.

What makes the most sense is that since the box for this is so large and the demand so high large chains are getting their copies early. I'm sure they aren't supposed to sell them yet but since there isn't a hard street date they probably are anyway...

[quote name='helava']I can confirm that the OP is correct, it's NOT a demo, and that the Walmart near the Oakland Airport in CA has 1 PS3 bundle left. I'd have bought it, except that I don't have a PS3, and excited as I am for the game, I'm not spending an extra $400 just to play it a couple weeks early.

That said, I talked to the clerk, and she said they'd gotten multiple copies (so the jackass who swore up and down it's a demo is wrong), and they'd only had PS3 versions.

So, *yes*, Walmart has Rock Band in stock in some locations.[/quote]
Thank you very much for posting that. I picked up the last copy of it at that store this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to open it after classes today.

[quote name='FailedNinja']http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?p=98639#post98639

Official word out of Harmonix is those are demo packages.
Maybe they're just trying to cover it up, but at the very least be sure when you make the purchase.

Edit: grammar police let me off with a warning[/quote]
I don't know how to feel after going over the original Ebay auction the reciept states that the game was sold for 169.99 but online it's listed at 169.92; so it could have been a clerk error (sold it even though it wasn't in system) that was manually priced. Then again that wouldn't explain why they are showing up with the online tracker.

I don't know what to think! Somebody please post a picture verifying if it includes everything once you get a chance, thank you!

I won't be able to go til about 5pm, but I'll check the brand new Super WalMart in downtown Cleveland. I'm lookin for 360 for myself, but if they have the ps3 one I'll buy it regardless and post pics for everyone.

No dice on the online search though, so I'm not expecting it to be there.

[quote name='Darkserge2002']Thank you very much for posting that. I picked up the last copy of it at that store this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to open it after classes today.[/quote]

Man, I would have torn into that box the minute I got to my car just to confirm that it wasn't a demo. What's with people actually having restraint? :)

[quote name='tw4win']Man, I would have torn into that box the minute I got to my car just to confirm that it wasn't a demo. What's with people actually having restraint? :)[/quote]

I didn't even get a chance to read the thread past that post until just now. I had to get up early to get to that Walmart because I'm at college and live a city away, so I had to take public transportation. Now I'm really anxious to find out whether it's a demo or not. I'll probably be back at around 2:30 or 3:00PM Pacific time, so that's when I'll actually check it.

[quote name='tw4win']Since when do demo versions of software come packaged in the full retail box? [/QUOTE]

Multiple people who work at Best Buy posted several days ago on the rockband.com boards that their demos were in fact packaged in the Special Edition packaging.

I'm skeptical that these people are getting the full retail versions. I'll believe it when someone actually confirms they opened the whole thing and played it.

[quote name='jersoc']ITS A FREAKIN DEMO YOU TARD.[/QUOTE]Wrong.
[quote name='jersoc']Why the bloody fuck would a game developer send a TV to EVERY RETAILER. No one does that, that makes ZERO sense. Those places have systems, generally and almost ALWAYS have TV's setup already.[/QUOTE]Maybe because Wal-Mart's videogame section is cramped? Where are they going to set up Rock Band? I don't know which Wal-Mart you work in where they have a PS3 section with enough room for a Rock Band demo, this would have to go on an endcap with a PS3 and a TV, and it certainly doesn't look like there's anything in that box for that. Best Buys already have adequate supplies to set up Rock Band, your average Wal-Mart and Targets don't.

Then again, we already know you're wrong, and that makes you look like enough of an idiot.

[quote name='ScottG13']Nothing at Ridge Avenue Walmart in Cincinnati. I'll check a Super Walmart in NKY this evening.[/QUOTE]

I'll spare you. Nada. Perhaps the SWM in Florence? I didn't go there.

[quote name='admanimal']Multiple people who work at Best Buy posted several days ago on the rockband.com boards that their demos were in fact packaged in the Special Edition packaging.

I'm skeptical that these people are getting the full retail versions. I'll believe it when someone actually confirms they opened the whole thing and played it.[/quote]
Worst case scenario i f you find out you have a demo - take the thing home, play with it, and then return it closer to the release of the real item. As long as everything is in good shape you can just tell them that you bought it as a gift and that the person just opened it. No retailer that F'ed up and sold a demo is going to refuse a return on the item, regardless of how long it's been. Assuming, it's within a decent amount of time.

Personally, I'd be tempted to keep the damn thing as a collectors item.

[quote name='TimPV3']Wrong.
Maybe because Wal-Mart's videogame section is fucking cramped? Where are they going to set up Rock Band? I don't know which fucking Wal-Mart you work in where they have a PS3 section with enough room for a Rock Band demo, this would have to go on an endcap with a PS3 and a TV, and it certainly doesn't look like there's anything in that box for that. Best Buys already have adequate supplies to set up Rock Band, your average Wal-Mart and Targets don't.

Then again, we already know you're wrong, and that makes you look like enough of an idiot.[/quote]

An employee told me that the PS3 box they had was unopened but apparently was for a demo. This particular store is setting up a PS3, X360, and Wii in the Lawn and Garden center; and I'm not sure what they are all going to have on them. She said it was apart of a promotion for the holiday and that she didn't think they were supposed to be set up yet.

It is very likely that, if these are in fact not the full retail versions, any of the games sold or put in the system were because of confusion within the stores. They are in retail boxes and they might have come with regular product, it's not uncommon for a sku not to read and having to manually put something into the system. So that would explain why they are showing up online...

What doesn't make sense is why there is a version for both systems, it doesn't really seem to add up. Also it really hasn't been completely confirmed, with pictures and such, that these things are completely legit. There have been statements coming from both angles that it's full retail or a demo.

---
That's just all in theory (built with the logic of what I know so far) while the dust begins to settle, my friend said he would buy it regardless so I'm going to continue my search.

My friend just made a call to our best buy (Sioux falls, SD) and they say they'll be getting in the game and the bundle tomorrow. One of our walmarts said the same thing, tomorrow.

bread's done
Back