Rock Band Goes Country

cannibalgirl

CAGiversary!
Apparently in July, Rock Band will be releasing a Country Track Pack. Here is a list of some of the bands so far;

Rock Band Country Track Pack
Alan Jackson
Brooks & Dunn
Dierks Bentley
Dixie Chicks
Drive-By Truckers
Jason Aldean
Kenny Chesney
Kenny Rogers
Lucinda Williams
Martina McBride
Rascal Flatts
Shania Twain
Steve Earle

I don't know about you but the thought of buying and playing a country music track on Rock Band makes me want to shoot my brains out. Though some country songs are already available for download, there apparently will be exclusive country songs that will only be on the Country Track Pack. As sad as this addition makes me, it however makes me wonder what exactly will be next for Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero.

I really see no problem with this. If there is a market for it, they will sell it. Personally, I like all kinds of music.

[quote name='cannibalgirl']I am not dissing the idea completely just letting people know about it if they are interested in it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you kind of are. ;)

[quote name='cannibalgirl']

I don't know about you but the thought of buying and playing a country music track on Rock Band makes me want to shoot my brains out. As sad as this addition makes me, it however makes me wonder what exactly will be next for Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]
Plus, the RIP icon for the thread...:roll:

Not that I care, you're entitled to your opinion of course, just thought it was funny you said you didn't "diss" it, right after you said it makes you want to shoot your brains out and makes you sad. :D

Personally, I'm not a country music fan at all, but there some good stuff out there.
More importantly, I have friends and relatives who into the genre, so definitely the more the merrier!
I like more choices!

Looking at it, the artists actually look pretty decent, so if the songs are what I enjoy listening to when I do listen to country, I wouldn't mind buying to play a few myself.

OP, thank you for sharing regardless, I didn't know about this.

And yes, at least it's just DLC, and not an expansion. That would be pretty bad... :lol:

[quote name='cannibalgirl']Though some country songs are already available for download, there apparently will be exclusive country songs that will only be on the Country Track Pack.[/QUOTE]According to Kotaku those songs are only temporarily "exclusive," and will be available as regular DLC later on: http://kotaku.com/5250611/rock-band-goes-country-at-retail

Nothing wrong with this really... no one should accuse them of "becoming Guitar Hero" over this, since it's really just a discounted DLC bundle, and the songs can be exported to the main game.

bread's done
Back