Rock Band now 199.99

King

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well it seems that Canadians are getting screwed on the price of Rock Band. Both Futureshop and Best Buy have jacked up their prices to 199.99, I've also heard EB Games has done the same. I'm hoping Wal-Mart sticks to their guns and offers American prices, if not I guess I'm waiting out.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']that's what i was thinking, but the magazine didn't even have a US price listed on the cover. maybe so Canadian shoppers can't compare them and get mad when we're supposed to pay 3-4 bucks more, heh[/quote]

OXM and i think few other gaming mags stopped listing the US prices on CND covers, that way retailers can't use the US price. Im sure they don't mind.

yeah eb is 169.99

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']This game isn't that hard to find north of Toronto. The Bolton EBG has about 20 XBox copies and 10 for the PS3. I even spotted a sole PS2 copy there.

I was going to ask what the price was, but the had a frickin' huge lineup for some reason (and not to buy RB). Is it stil $169.99 there? I was thinking of getting it.[/quote]

[quote name='method47']OXM and i think few other gaming mags stopped listing the US prices on CND covers, that way retailers can't use the US price. Im sure they don't mind.[/quote]

I'm thinking of subscribing to OXM I buy it occasionally and 39.99USD isn't a bad price for 12 issues.

Thanks, but I found that out this afternoon when I bought it :)

Now I have GH3 and Rock Band. I must be insane, two peripheral-based games. And not a single guitar that works for both, yet.

friends in Winnipeg: the Futureshops got some of the PS3 and 360 versions. the Pembina store had several kicking around

EDIT: the St. Vital Microplay has a crapload of them in as well, but might not last long.

there seems to be craploads of rockband boxes available everywhere in ottawa. I'm stuck on suffragette city on hard guitar and I think will will be for a while. >8[

At EB Eaton Center in Toronto there was a monstrous stack of Rock Band bundles for 360 and PS3, all sellable according to the worker (who was sitting atop said stack). Not sure how many are still around right now, but if you can get to and from the downtown core easy and still need a bundle you may want to try there.

Rock Band isn't hard to find anymore. Everywhere I've ben theres been atleast 3-4 bundles for each console.

[quote name='dave17']there seems to be craploads of rockband boxes available everywhere in ottawa. I'm stuck on suffragette city on hard guitar and I think will will be for a while. >8[[/quote]

Hah, well that's good to know. I have a friend who wants it.

And as far as the game goes, I didn't find it difficult at all. I only failed one time on hard during Flirtin' With Disaster because I was using the GHIII controller and overdrive wouldn't activate causing me to miss a bunch of notes.

[quote name='Firestorm']Is it still hard to find? Was at Metrotown about an hour ago and they had 360 versions if anyone's still looking.[/quote]

Awesome news...thanks...now...whether it lasts until I get out there ;)

Kanata Best Buy has 3 360 bundles, and 10 PS3 bundles as of this morning. Kanata Future Shop has 2 360 bundles and 2 PS3 bundles as of this morning.

Couldn't find any bundles anywhere up until Friday.. Best Buy had 120 bundles on the site and it was web-orders only. There's something like 20 left after only a few days. All the BB/FS/EB around my place are soldout (45mins drive radius!).

So ordered the bundle online @ bestbuy.ca... of course it was $199.. the good new is that shipping is only 1.99. :)

RB is at 169 on amazon.ca but also sold out. Plus with the shipping it's not really worth the wait.

I'm fairly sure they've worked out all the guitar issues, but not the drums. I actually RMA'd my guitar and drums on EA's website back on January 14, and I just finally received everything last Thursday. The drums were exactly the same as my old pair (rolls are very bad on the red pad, lots of missed hits), but the guitar is excellent. I could tell it's a refurb (both the drums are guitar were dirty in spots), but the strum bar is much, MUCH improved and star power activation is flawless.

As a side note, I actually fixed my drums while I was waiting for my "new" pair to arrive. There's a fix out there for the QM models that involves placing a piece of tin foil inside the actual pad (near the sensor). I highly suggest looking into the fix for anyone with the QM drums and the roll problem.

Just a heads-up, but I recall seeing my local BestBuy selling the bundle for the low-low price of $179 now. Why can't they just match the $169 price everyone else has it for? *shakes head*

Thinking about it, my bundle was marked Nov28 (and I got it in January) but the guitar had water streaks on it, which led me to believe they cleaned off an old one and refurbed it. It's the newer guitar with the magnetized strumbar.

So, I'm not too sure when they started implementing this guitar, but makes me wonder if some of the production dates maybe irrelevant now.

bread's done
Back