Rock Band PS2 SE Bundle at gamestop.com (OOS)

I would seriously not recommend buying the PS2 version, simply to have some version of the game before Christmas, if you were planning on buying either the PS3 or 360 version. The PS2 version won't have any of the extensive downloadable content that the PS360 versions have, which, considering how much there is going to be, is a serious limitation.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The PS2 version won't have any of the extensive downloadable content that the PS360 versions have, which, considering how much there is going to be, is a serious limitation.[/quote]
There's also no world tour mode, and there's no character creation whatsoever - you have to pick from a number of pre-made bands. The game literally has a solo and multiplayer mode, you pick an instrument, and that's about it.

It says different in the product description, but they just copied and pasted from the 360 and PS3 versions, as it talks about downloadable content, which there is none on PS2.

What's the point of Gamestop adding an extra $20 handling charge? If you're already paying the shipping costs, why do they want you to pay an extra $20 on top of that?

Same thing with the Castlevania anniversary box, norkusa.

''Due to the size of the box, you'll be charged an extra fee.''

the PS2 version is still a good option if you plan to get a PS3 in the future, the PS2 peripherals are exactly the same so all you'll have to do is rebuy the game for the PS3, the PS2 version also includes a USB hub and GH1 & 2 controllers work with it

[quote name='TFN']Same thing with the Castlevania anniversary box, norkusa.

''Due to the size of the box, you'll be charged an extra fee.''[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh. I just checked Gamestop.com and realized that they charge flat shipping rates. I thought they did it by weight. Makes sense now.

Isn't it too late by now to expect Ground Shipping to get to you before Christmas? I'd assume you'd have to at least use Two-Day Air to make sure you have it ready under the tree.

I've stopped shopping with GameStop.com a long time ago, these kind of insane shipping surcharges are just one of the many reasons why. I wouldn't be surprised if they ship Rock Band in a giant manila envelope that has tire treads all over it.

bread's done
Back