Rock Band (PS3 Game Only)

MasterSun1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
I'm very likely to pick up a brand new PS2 Rock Band bundle for around $80, but I obviously need the PS3 version of the game (since the instruments are identical). Anybody know the cheapest way to get one? I think GameStop has used copies for $29.99. Anywhere cheaper?

??? are you getting a deal somewhere on the intruments alone...I'm so ready to finally pick this up, let me know

Are the instruments identical?? I thought only the PS3 version had wireless guitars. Does the PS2 use that wireless dongle thing too? If so, I'm gonna buy the PS2 version, sell the game then buy the PS3 game too.

I'm getting the complete package, just like you would if you went to a retail store. I'm picking it up locally through Craig's List. From what I know, the instruments for the PS2 and PS3 versions are exactly identical. PS2 guitar is wireless.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I'm getting the complete package, just like you would if you went to a retail store. I'm picking it up locally through Craig's List. From what I know, the instruments for the PS2 and PS3 versions are exactly identical. PS2 guitar is wireless.[/quote]
hell yeah...that's a good idea......anyone know???

Turns out the lady opened the package to inspect it and said it was missing the game and the USB Hub (at least it sounded like that, I had to email her back). But she said she was selling the instruments alone for $40. So I'm definitely jumping on that since I can just get the PS3 game from GameStop and using a PS3, the USB Hub isn't needed. I am 95% sure the PS3 and PS2 instruments are IDENTICAL.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Turns out the lady opened the package to inspect it and said it was missing the game and the USB Hub (at least it sounded like that, I had to email her back). But she said she was selling the instruments alone for $40. So I'm definitely jumping on that since I can just get the PS3 game from GameStop and using a PS3, the USB Hub isn't needed. I am 95% sure the PS3 and PS2 instruments are IDENTICAL.[/quote]
well keep me posted on if it works or not

[quote name='shadowkast']well keep me posted on if it works or not[/quote]

They work. I bit and ordered the PS2 version off Amazon a while back, and it arrived about a week ago. Traded in the PS2 game for ~18 bucks picked up the PS3 game, and the instruments have ALL worked fine. Even on the boxes it says PS2/PS3 Wireless Guitar, so yeah, you could save a bit of cash by getting the PS2 instruments and then buying the Rock Band PS3 game from GameStop (searched around a lot, but GameStop with Edge + Coupon is about 25 bucks, and the game goes for roughly 30-40 used on eBay, excluding shipping)

well I might pick it up (PS2 version) from GS while it's $50 off then see if I can return the game to wal-mart (same parking lot) for the PS3 version...just give them some story that my girl picked up the wrong copy...they seem to take about anything back

...sound like a good idea????

I went for it today. I bought the PS2 version from GS for $110, used the 10% off new game coupon, and traded in the PS2 game for the PS3 version, while using my edge card and the 50% extra trade in coupon:

Rock Band PS2 SE $110 (-10% off)= $99
Used PS3 Game only $30 (-10% off)= $27
Trade in PS2 Game $14 (+10% edge +50% coupon) = $24

$99+27-24= $102+tax for complete PS3 Rock Band SE, sweet deal imo.

bread's done
Back