Rock Band Special Edition in stock at Bestbuy.com now!!

jjz203

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I just placed my order, for those really looking to get one for Christmas for a loved one, click on it now!!

Xbox 360 bundle

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8604343&st=rockband&type=product&id=1192232281392

PS3 bundle

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...kband&lp=7&type=product&cp=1&id=1192232281331

I was just bored at work and thought I'd check the "usual" websites just to see if anyone had them in stock and blam, I searched on BB's website and I saw the "Add to Cart" button. Could someone change the links too so that CheapyD can get the link clickthroughs? Thanks.

There are so many of these damned things in stores around here (WI), it's hard to believe they are hard to find anywhere. BB in Madison had at least 25 360 bundles, 15 PS3.

Wahoo! Thanks OP! My wife has really been wanting to play this. Order is done, looking forward to next week.

[quote name='aktick']There are so many of these damned things in stores around here (WI), it's hard to believe they are hard to find anywhere. BB in Madison had at least 25 360 bundles, 15 PS3.[/quote]

ditto. if i want one i can just walk into any number of stores and pick one up. i had no idea that these were hard to find.

They're not commanding that much of a premium on Ebay... and for the hassle/bulk of the item, I almost feel sad for anyone trying to profit from these things.

Disappointing to see so many people say how they have a ton of these kind of things in their state, and MI sucks lol. Same goes for the Wii, impossible to find here. Although I do remember hearing a while back that for video games, MI is either 1st or 2nd in popularity.

[quote name='daminion']ditto. if i want one i can just walk into any number of stores and pick one up. i had no idea that these were hard to find.[/QUOTE]
Well that's just not the case here in NYC. It's been near impossible to get a special edition bundle since launch and apparently from the looks of ebay closing prices, it's not the case in many parts of the country except for the few states that you guys/gals live in.

[quote name='daminion']ditto. if i want one i can just walk into any number of stores and pick one up. i had no idea that these were hard to find.[/quote]

Same here in Sacramento, CA. Tons of them (both 360 and PS3 versions) lying around Best Buy when I went to pick up Superbad on Tuesday.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Same here in Sacramento, CA. Tons of them (both 360 and PS3 versions) lying around Best Buy when I went to pick up Superbad on Tuesday.[/quote]

I'll second that for Sac, have been seeing lots of these in BB and Target.

and what tardmonkey would buy these to ebay? The shipping alone would be a pain in the arse.

[quote name='dweekie']Good deal if you've been looking for it. Just be prepared for your guitar to break within hours. Not trying to threadcrap; just giving a heads up on the rampant problems with the game hardware. http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=20&order=desc[/quote]

not completely true. although my cousin told me he broke his guitar, mine is fine. you just have to be careful with these things. i've been playing with it a lot too. so has my gf.

[quote name='Rig']Special Edition? They have multiple flavors of this?[/quote]

SE comes with all the instruments. RE is just the game itself.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']
SE comes with all the instruments. RE is just the game itself.[/quote]

Oh. :lol: Didn't know that's what they called the bundle. Thanks.

I got it, and the guitar worked fine for a week, then died. They sent me a replacement, that was dead out of the box.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']you just have to be careful with these things. i've been playing with it a lot too. so has my gf.
[/QUOTE]
No, there was a defect in the first run. This was admitted somewhere but I'm not looking it up now.

Yeah I just bought the PS3 bundle... basically just because it was in stock. Gee thanks, CAG.

Funny on the forums that people have drank the kool-aid about not returning these to the stores and they wonder why they got refurbs as replacements. Of course I'm returning it to the store and getting a brand new one once the crappy broken ones get out of the channel. I haven't opened mine yet but even if I did I could go buy a new one, and put the shrink-wrapped game copy in with the old broken instruments and return.

Stupid EA. They should not be sending out refurbs to replace design defects.

On that note, anybody know what the date sticker on the bottom should say to make sure you get one of the new non-defective (allegedly) models?

EDIT: Well this is denied by an EA rep later in the thread. So who knows. But I'd rather take my chances at the store anyway.

I ended up returning mine because it was too advanced for little kids. Don't get me wrong the soundtrack is great (which is why I rebought game only) but it will get old really quickly and then you look at the drumset and think wow what a waste. (My two cents)

I went to bestbuy to return one of the rockbands cause I was unsuccessful in reselling it and I saw around 200 rockbands just stacked up in the store. I also saw halo 3 legendary edition for $69.99 it was on clearance.

[quote name='chunkay']I also saw halo 3 legendary edition for $69.99 it was on clearance.[/QUOTE]
Now that's interesting ... I wonder if there's any chance it's chain-wide?

I had no trouble finding the bundles in MI. Best Buy and a bunch of them when I went in a week ago.

I was at Gamestop yesterday and they got a big shipment of RB when i was there. The manager said that most stores got some in. I saw about 4 of each for PS3 and 360. You may want to check locally first. Just a heads up.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I ended up returning mine because it was too advanced for little kids. Don't get me wrong the soundtrack is great (which is why I rebought game only) but it will get old really quickly and then you look at the drumset and think wow what a waste. (My two cents)[/QUOTE]
no way, the drums are the best part of the game, tons of fun

Yeah.. just came back from my local Best Buy in the Twin Cities. They had a pallet of them in stock. Walmart too. I'm sure this has been posted before, but Sams Club is selling them at $149. 3 was left at my local Sams Club on Friday. YMMV.

s701

bread's done
Back