Rock Band Special Edition Wii Bundle Availability Tracking

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Welcome to Rock Band Special Edition Wii Bundle Availability Tracking CAG Forum!

What's include?
  • Comes with guitar controller, drum controller, microphone, USB Hub and game software
  • Over 40 tracks to play with - Including acts like Metallica, Bon Jovi, Stone Temple Pilots and the Ramones! Learn to play songs spanning all genres of rock.
  • Guitar controller utilizes a five-way FX switch that allows flanger, wah-wah, echo and chorus effects
  • Drum controller features four pads, a kick pedal and real drum sticks
  • Microphone can be tapped against your hand to play percussion instruments, such as tambourine and cowbell
When's it released?
Tomorrow. Sunday, June 22nd, 2008!
Is this Hard-To-Find?
Yes this is very limited and won't have plenty for everyone to buy for themselves or family-sized. Just like the Wii and Wii Fit as well as Guitar Hero Bundle.
When will this be restock?
I don't know, if you follow pattern the Wii and Wii Fit on your Sunday AD, then I say its most likely every 2 weeks on early Sunday morning.
Amazon
Rock Band Special Edition - $169.99 - IN-STOCK! (No Limit)

Best Buy
Rock Band Special Edition for Nintendo Wii - $169.99 - SOLD-OUT!
Rock Band Bundle is in the AD! (6/22-6/28)
Mario Kart Bundle is in the AD! (6/22-6/28)

Buy
Rock Band: Special Edition (Includes Drums, Guitar, Microphone, and Game) - $169.99 + $12.70 shipping = $182.65 - IN-STOCK! (Limit 2)

Circuit City
Rock Band Bundle Special Edition for Wii - $169.99 - Free Shipping! Free Store Pickup! IN-STOCK!
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Rock-Band-Bundle-Special-Edition-for-Wii-014633167979/sem/rpsm/oid/213347/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do#
Wii Console is in the AD! (6/22-6/28)
Mario Kart Wii Bundle is in the AD! (6/22-6/28)

Costco
Rock Band™ Special Edition Nintendo Wii™ Game - $159.99 +$5.00 Shipping = $164.99 SOLD-OUT! (No Limit)

EBGames
Rock Band Special Edition Bundle - $169.99 + $19.99 Fee In-STOCK!

eToys

GameRush

GameStop
Rock Band Special Edition Bundle - $169.99 + $19.99 Fees IN-STOCK!

Fry's Electronic
Wii Rock Band Special Edition Bundle (Nintendo Wii Console) - $169.99 - PRE-ORDER! IN-STOCK! (Limit 1)
http://shop2.frys.com/product/5567670;jsessionid=kJKaebsfHFPQkJ8E-EZSSQ**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

K-Mart
(See Sears.com)
Rock Band Wii Bundle is in the AD!

NewEgg

Sam's Club
Rock Band Special Edition - Wii - $158.55 - IN-STOCK!

Sears
Rock Band Special Edition - $169.99 + Free Standard Shipping - IN-STOCK!
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05892369000P

Target
Wii Console is in the AD! (6/22-6/28)

Toys R' Us
Rock Band Special Edition for Nintendo Wii - $169.99 + Free Shipping! PRE-ORDER! IN-STOCK!

Wal-Mart
Rock Band Special Edition Bundle (Wii) - $169.92 - Free Site-To-Store Pickup! IN-STOCK!

eBay
Rock+Band+Wii

ZooLert Moderator

[quote name='lurknomore']I saw stacks and stacks of these at my local Wal-mart. Didn't know or think that these were causing such a sensation.[/QUOTE]

The ones you saw are likely the PS3/360 versions that were released earlier in the year. The Wii version is just being released now.

[quote name='mj1108']The ones you saw are likely the PS3/360 versions that were released earlier in the year. The Wii version is just being released now.[/quote]

I actually just came from a walmart in IL an hour ago and saw a stack of Wii versions too. If I had known it wasn't out yet I woulda picked up one for the hell of it.

Going to pick up my preorder tonight at midnight at GameRush. They got 4 SE bundles, only 2 of which are being held for preorders (location @ Tulsa, OK - 101st/Mem). If you're looking for one, you might give your local GR a call to see if they have any that aren't being held. I've called to verify they had items in stock before and asked that they hold it for me w/o any problem.

GR locations: LINK

wondering if this will seriously be hard to find or not...

i had no trouble getting one at midnight at walmart. i was the only person there for it. they got 6 in stock. i went to another walmart for guitar hero ds and they had 10 in stock, nobody had bought one yet.

i'm just not sure that there's much demand for this. the "hardcore" crowd already has it for ps3 or xbox, the "casual" crowd either has it for ps2 or doesn't realize that it's new because rock band boxes have been crowding stores for what, 7 months now?

still, as a wii-only owner, i'm glad that i was able to get a copy for myself. i know guitar hero world tour is coming, and gonna be much better... but i still felt like i should have the original.

There are plenty on Craigslist if anyone is looking for one. The ones I saw were only $250. Such a steal for watered down Rock Band.

I was able to pick one up at circuit city but most of the people waiting there was looking either for wiifit or guitar hero ds. My circuit city has 10 in, now 9. I'll also be getting word tour when that comes out. I wonder where I'm going to keep all these guitars and drum sets.

Just got back from the circuit city in westbury,ny saw a good fifteen of them on the floor hope that helps someone

Huge stacks at the Porter Ranch, CA Best Buy (of the Wii version-- probably at least 30-40, didn't look like anyone had bought any around 10:30) and quite a few at the TrU next door...

[quote name='Justin42']Huge stacks at the Porter Ranch, CA Best Buy (of the Wii version-- probably at least 30-40, didn't look like anyone had bought any around 10:30) and quite a few at the TrU next door...[/QUOTE]

I can't wait till this drops down to $99 :)

can i plaly rock band by myself?

[quote name='dealiboy']can i plaly rock band by myself?

Yes you can, you will just have computers playing as the other instruments you aren't playing at the time. And believe me it's still tons of fun.

[quote name='shurgie']Yes you can, you will just have computers playing as the other instruments you aren't playing at the time. And believe me it's still tons of fun.[/QUOTE]

But there is not online in this, correct. Ehh, with the wii storage problem and no online, is it worth $170, I dont think so, unless it ahs online, does it? But the white instruments do look nice.

Why would anyone waste their money on this abortion of a video game?

Anyone with half a brain would wait for GH: World Tour, as it will have ALL the things this POS will not..... Online, create a player, DLC!

The Best Buy in Springfield OR had them when I was in there today. Hurry though! I only saw two pallets with maybe 30 or so on each pallet!!! Luckily, they have more in the back though. Hard to find? Not so much.

You're missing online, character customization and downloads, but the core game is still fantastic and that's what makes Rock Band, Rock Band. I have the (apparently) similar PS2 version, and am very happy with it. Yes, I'd like DLC and character customization (playing online is less appealing to me - it would be nothing like playing with others in person), but the game is still fantastic without those things. If you don't have a PS3 or 360, I wouldn't hesitate top pick up this version. Well... if you have a PS2, I'd be hard pressed to recommend the Wii version over it since you can pick up the PS2 version for $100 now, and you can later use the instruments on a PS3 if you ever get one. So, I'd update that to... if you don't have a PS3, 360 or PS2, then pick up this version.

[quote name='blowmefer']Why would anyone waste their money on this abortion of a video game?

Anyone with half a brain would wait for GH: World Tour, as it will have ALL the things this POS will not..... Online, create a player, DLC![/quote]I bought it because:
  • It only costs me $75 after tax. I'm OK w/ paying that much for a gimped version.
  • My only console is the Wii. I have no interest in getting a 360 or PS3. Not even for RB DLC, online, and character customization.
  • Why wait for the 'band' experience for another 6 months or so when we can enjoy it now? We've waited long enough.
  • I'll be getting GH:WT anyway...nothing wrong w/ having both.
  • My wife really wanted Rock Band.
I'm sure there's a few games you've purchased that I would consider aborted. But it's not my place to tell you whether you should have bought it or not if you really wanted it. Manners FTW.

[quote name='eugaet']I bought it because:
  • It only costs me $75 after tax. I'm OK w/ paying that much for a gimped version.
  • My only console is the Wii. I have no interest in getting a 360 or PS3. Not even for RB DLC, online, and character customization.
  • Why wait for the 'band' experience for another 6 months or so when we can enjoy it now? We've waited long enough.
  • I'll be getting GH:WT anyway...nothing wrong w/ having both.
  • My wife really wanted Rock Band.
I'm sure there's a few games you've purchased that I would consider aborted. But it's not my place to tell you whether you should have bought it or not if you really wanted it. Manners FTW.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get it for $75?

please don't buy this game. making this game a success will validate the trend of doing a half assed job on wii releases. seriously.. buy the ps2 version and save 10 bucks, it's the SAME game. or if you want to pay the "next gen" price, get the 360 or PS3 versions with all the features.

im a huge fan of the Wii, and for that I want to see this game fail. show these companies that we demand a proper effort. ..or be prepared to live in a world of hobbled games and :shudder: Ninjabread Man sequels.

[quote name='smoger']please don't buy this game. making this game a success will validate the trend of doing a half assed job on wii releases. seriously.. buy the ps2 version and save 10 bucks, it's the SAME game. or if you want to pay the "next gen" price, get the 360 or PS3 versions with all the features.

im a huge fan of the Wii, and for that I want to see this game fail. show these companies that we demand a proper effort. ..or be prepared to live in a world of hobbled games and :shudder: Ninjabread Man sequels.[/QUOTE]

I concur. I am a huge fan of the wii too but the shitty games that are out for it will kill it soon if Nintendo doesn't start policing third party releases more.

Paying the same price for less features isn't appealing to me.

If it was a LOT cheaper, I'd definitely pick it up, but as it is, I'll be waiting and crossing my fingers that GH: World Tour lives up to the promises.

bread's done
Back