Rock Band Stage Kit $59.99 @ Gamestop.com

For some reason my friend has wanted this machine for awhile. I will be sure to let him know about this deal. Thanks for the heads up.

I love Rock Band, don't get me wrong. But this seems a little over the top for a "pretend to play music" game. Are people going to be putting on pretend performances with this?

These are at almost every CC on clearance (wait for the drop?) but I'm not sure this is something I'd want to chance being DOA.

And hopefully it continues to drop at Amazon. Yes, shadowkast its a deal, just like any other Rock Band/GH accessory that is posted here at least weekly (jeez-- you might want to target your threadcraps more accurately).

This thing is cool for the right price. Its called the "party game" genre for a reason.

the funny thing about all the haters is that they probably play rock band all the time...and secretly want one of these, its just everyone feels the need to hate

[quote name='guitarguy']the funny thing about all the haters is that they probably play rock band all the time...and secretly want one of these, its just everyone feels the need to hate[/quote]

completely agree. i mean...c'mon...with how much everyone plays this...it would be kinda cool to have the lights and fog going off (on time) while you're jammin out with your friends on 'rock band night'. i would definitely pick one up (if the price was right). i'm a musician myself and there's nothing cooler than playing a live show and having all the lights on you during a performance.

I got this as a gift and it is damn cool! It's the kind of luxury I could never have justified the expense for on my own, so getting it as a gift was perfect. :)

I would feel kind of silly using it in single-player, but when I've got people over this thing blows their minds. And I haven't even used the fog machine part of it yet (I'm afraid to do it in my small apartment, right by all my DVD shelves and electronic stuff, even though everyone keeps reassuring me that it's fine haha)!

This is a good deal, I agree with the statements above. What if all the time they spent playing video games they actually applied to learning a real instrument.

WOW!!! THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!11!!!11!1 ...even though my friends (who takes advantage of the fact that I have Rock Band) will make fun of me, I want it!

This works with both RB1 and 2 right? Also one of the reviews mention that the fog solution runs out quickly. Anyone know how much it costs to buy more?

this is a pretty good price! i cant find it for less than this anywhere, i might just have to bite on this one now!
transparent_pixel.gif

btw, if anyone was wondering, this does not work with GH:WT (I tested it personally). It is strictly for Rock Band.

Yeah it's a silly cosmetic thing, but now this gives me even LESS reason to whip out GH when I've got people over :p

Looks cool, if it was for PS2 or PS3 and was about $50 less I would have gotten it but it's not worth $80 to me (I paid less than that for my entire Rockband SE!)

I'm kinda tempted to get this. Synced lights would be kinda cool. Have to determine what's my price point, I guess. Already invested in the Ion Drum Rocker, so an additional $60 - $80 for the experience is probably worth it for me.

Wasn't tryin to thread crap, my bad....I just thought that this was the price it has always been on Amazon, maybe $10 more or so though.

Sorry, I've only seen this thing once on amazon before. If I could see the lights in action, I might be interested. Would like to see how well they sync up with the actual music. The only time I play RockBand is at night with a case of beer, so yeah, this has 'cool' potential.

I flipped several hollywood video games a month or 2 ago and picked up the stage kit. That video makes it look quite crappy, whereas I love it. Even if im playing by myself I have to have the lights on, but not the fog. As of right now the fog in a smaller room will fill the entire room (even though its amazing) you will most likely fail the song. I have to have a fan on and has fogged up half of a house. Worthy purchase especially if you love rockband..... FYI I have the led lights shooting at the ceiling and not right into my face, like the smart guys n the video. Also on the light it has a plastic circle that slides up and down to reflect the lights into smaller or larger circles. The strobe light is attached to the fog machine and will work with out the for part on.

I've seen these at my CC for $99.99 - 30% = about $70. I want one of these too, but I'm gonna take my chances and wait for the price to drop. :D

Drives me crazy that they made this console specific.
If it doesn't need to be wireless, they are both USB inputs, why shouldn't they work on either?
No reason to make a seperate SKU.
They both have the same number of buttons, use a "home" button, D-Pad, etc.

I want one of these so bad.. if it stays this price for a few days I may be able to snag one.. this would be perfect for parties.

I think it would be cool to have the lights. I don't have interest in the fog thing. I'd pay maybe $30 for the lights. I wish it came separately.

[quote name='Hoffer']I think it would be cool to have the lights. I don't have interest in the fog thing. I'd pay maybe $30 for the lights. I wish it came separately.
[/QUOTE]
I got mine at Culver City Circuit City for $75 after tax. They had about 6 left.

I also wish they came seperately. Also, I wish you could just buy an additional light set so you can have 2 lights instead of just one (the video above involves a mod to get 2 lights).

But the fog does make the lights better because you can actually see the beams of light shooting out instead of just spots of light on a wall or ceiling. However, the fog juice that comes with the kit creates a fog that is way too thick. You can't even see the screen after one song.

This is the fog juice recommended by the creator of the video above because it makes a much lighter fog:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Black-Label-Atmosphere-Fog-Fluid-104989637-i1426743.gc

I picked one up at circuit city for 50% off. It's really friggin sweet! The lights are a little cheesy but pretty cool. The smoke machine has a strobe light which flashes during some points in songs.

The kit really does add an "awesome" factor to the game. You can play without the smoke turned on, but you need to plug the lights into the smoke machine for power. For $50 I would recommend picking this up if you play rock band at least once a week.

Hmm, $60 for the whole thing might get me to jump in. I might be heading to a Gamestop shortly to see if I can pick one up. :)

Great thread ads with the link to Best Buy, new pricing at GS, and the alternate fog that isn't as thick. I'm real close to jumping on this. If Amazon does $60 I'll probably bite.

I had a $5 gift card to Best Buy and drove by there first. They had one stage kit, but it was still $80. I then went to Gamestop and picked up their last one at $60.

I just played a 4 song set with it. The fog gets ridiculously thick by the end of one song. The thing spits out fog like every 30 seconds. To be honest, I really only need it to spray fog 2-3 times and that would probably be good for an hour or more.

By the second song of the set, the fog set off two smoke alarms in my house. I shut off the fog part and opened every window in my house. When the alarms turned off, I closed the windows and finished the set. There was still plenty of fog in the living room for the lights to bounce off.

I think it is a cool addition to Rock Band, but the fog is too much. I'll probably have it fog up the room a bit and then shut the fog part off. The colored LEDs and strobe light still work fine with the fog machine off. Actually, the fog machine has two buttons. A main power and fog power switch.

I picked one of these up at Circuit City clearance for $40 about a week ago. It's actually really cool (and I haven't tried the fog yet)...

I see that almost everyone who's picked up one of these really likes it. I know I've really enjoyed mine.

[quote name='Hoffer']The colored LEDs and strobe light still work fine with the fog machine off. Actually, the fog machine has two buttons. A main power and fog power switch.[/QUOTE]Just quoting this to remind people that you CAN use the fog and the lights independently from each other. I could imagine a lot of people shying away from the kit if they didn't realize that.

bread's done
Back