Rock Band track packs great deals (360, PS3, Wii)

SurgeJonnyG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
In case anyone's looking for decent deals on Rock Band track packs. Was looking at prices for the Xbox 360 versions but the other platforms are at great (or better) price points, too. Most people know that tracks in the Rock Band store are $2 a piece; these discs tends to bring the per-track cost down, and the sale prices listed below even more so. These also qualify for Free Super Saver Shipping.

AC/DC Track Pack
$9.99 (360), $7.79 (PS3), $9.99 (Wii) (List price normally is $33.99)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Metal Track Pack
$13.08 (360), $12.81 (PS3), $16.02 (Wii) (List price $19.99)
http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Metal-Track-Xbox-360/dp/B002M2N9OI/ref=pd_sim_vg_5

Track Pack Vol. 2
$9.99 (360), $8.62 (PS3), $9.76 (Wii) (List price ($19.99)
http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Track-Pack-Xbox-360/dp/B001F04T8I/ref=pd_sim_vg_8

Hope this helps my fellow CAGers, and I hope I'm not late to the party with this post.

People have been finding Track Pack Volume 2, Metal, and (few) Country Packs at Family Dollar for $5. Plus, ACDC is $5 on clearance at K-Mart, for those who have a store close.

I was lucky enough to pick up an AC/DC at K-Mart and a Vol. 2 at Family Dollar, but no metal pack yet so I'll look into this. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']People have been finding Track Pack Volume 2, Metal, and (few) Country Packs at Family Dollar for $5.[/QUOTE]

To which I say meh. Not like you can find that place anywhere you look.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'd like to pick up the Country Track Pack, but I can never find it on sale[/QUOTE]
Keep an eye on Gamefly, I got mine about three months ago for 8.93.

[quote name='Nohbdy']To which I say meh. Not like you can find that place anywhere you look.[/QUOTE]

That's true. Same thing goes for K-Mart. But I've got both on my way to campus (which is less than a ten minute drive) so it isn't impossible. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']People have been finding Track Pack Volume 2, Metal, and (few) Country Packs at Family Dollar for $5. Plus, ACDC is $5 on clearance at K-Mart, for those who have a store close.[/QUOTE]

I did see that post a few days/weeks ago, but the only Family Dollar in my county or surrounding counties, actually just a few blocks away from my office, didn't carry any video games — only some controllers and Wiimote attachments.

[quote name='mxpowar']I was lucky enough to pick up an AC/DC at K-Mart and a Vol. 2 at Family Dollar, but no metal pack yet so I'll look into this. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]
Are you looking for Metal Track Pack on 360?

do the regular track packs come with a code to export them? i know the ac/dc pack does

i might have to pick up some since i just got rock band 3

edit: nvm, just looked it up and they do have a code!

[quote name='CXK']Are you looking for Metal Track Pack on 360?[/QUOTE]
PS3 actually, but I just got a trade accepted for it on Goozex. The code will probably already be used but I realized I can't spend any more money on games right now. :(

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Keep an eye on Gamefly, I got mine about three months ago for 8.93.[/QUOTE]

Did this come with an active export code? Good deal if it does since most people just looking for the pack to take the songs for Rock Band 2/3.

Any game you get from GF should have a valid code. The cases and manuals from them are brand-new. They take the games out and must stack the cases somewhere.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Did this come with an active export code? Good deal if it does since most people just looking for the pack to take the songs for Rock Band 2/3.[/QUOTE]
Yep, as bigdaddybruce said, all GameFly games come with unused export/dlc codes, no matter what game.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yep, as bigdaddybruce said, all GameFly games come with unused export/dlc codes, no matter what game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks good to know, makes sense since they aren't sending out the original boxes.

Thanks OP. The Amazon deals are very good, IMO, especially for people without Kmarts or Family Dollars. Even with them, it might save the aggravation of driving and coming up empty.

I was able to find the Classic Rock Pack for PS3 at TRU for $3 this week. That's probably an extreme YMMV because my understanding from the TRU thread is that they've been clearanced for awhile. The Country Pack for 360 also was on clearance for $16.98. Two other TRUs I stopped at didn't even have the section for music games any more. I could only find Rock Band 3 and the newest Guitar Hero.

I also found the Classic Rock Pack for 360 clearanced at Target for $9.98 as it's already been mentioned.

Damn. You can't drive 10 miles here without seeing a Family Dollar, it seems... And every one that I've been to has the stack of RB packs... Only :360: ones that I've seen, though, are Vol. 2 and Metal... Nothing else.

Would I be able to turn this aroun right back to Amazon after exporting the tracks? Thats would be another 3.50 off the price which is pretty nice.

Just locked in my trade-in for Vol 2 at Amazon, you may want to also check their trade in prices for Lego Rock Band ($9.00), Rock Band 2 ($6.25), AC/DC ($3.50) and even the Guitar Hero games have retained some value with World Tour at $5.50 and Smash Hits at $7.00. Last night I paid for the export for these games and plan on shipping them out today. My greatest find of the day is that I was able to trade in Rock Revolution for $3.25, finally that turd will be out of my house.

Rock Band 3 does a great job of incorporating DLC into the career mode. So I didn't see any reason to keep these around.

If anyone is looking for only the DLC codes, I have several available.

Volume 2 :360:

Want Paypal.
PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Track pack volume 2 (360) is showing up for me at $8.23. Think I'm going to just lock in the trade in price and use my amazon credit rather than trying to drive 10 miles to a Family Dollar hoping they have it.

Do used copies of Rock band: green day allow you to use the code to export into RB3? I was looking to get RB:GD + used if I can find it and use the code for RB3? My RB2 code worked twice technically(once for the free 20, then again to export into RB3) so I was hoping Green Day plus would be the same.

[quote name='bengalboy']Do used copies of Rock band: green day allow you to use the code to export into RB3? I was looking to get RB:GD + used if I can find it and use the code for RB3? My RB2 code worked twice technically(once for the free 20, then again to export into RB3) so I was hoping Green Day plus would be the same.[/QUOTE]

Nope

[quote name='bengalboy']Do used copies of Rock band: green day allow you to use the code to export into RB3? I was looking to get RB:GD + used if I can find it and use the code for RB3? My RB2 code worked twice technically(once for the free 20, then again to export into RB3) so I was hoping Green Day plus would be the same.[/QUOTE]

just email ea asking for a new export code. They sent me export codes for RB2 and RB: GD the other day after I emailed them. Took less then 10 mins for a reply back too.

You dont need the disks to export the songs too, just pay the 10 dollar export fee.

I just entered the franchise with RB3, and am trying to beef up my collection. Can anyone clarify how the exporting works? Do I have to pay anything? Can I just rent the packs, instead? Do I have to pay, even if I have the code from an original game? Are the packs different than the packaged software?

Also, are the pro drums really worthwhile, or should I just get Guitar Hero instruments (considering I picked up a Band Hero bundle for $50)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pancake lover']just email ea asking for a new export code. They sent me export codes for RB2 and RB: GD the other day after I emailed them. Took less then 10 mins for a reply back too.

You dont need the disks to export the songs too, just pay the 10 dollar export fee.[/QUOTE]

Did they ask for the original code or can you just email saying you have green day plus but your code isn't working?

[quote name='anandxxx']I just entered the franchise with RB3, and am trying to beef up my collection. Can anyone clarify how the exporting works? Do I have to pay anything? Can I just rent the packs, instead? Do I have to pay, even if I have the code from an original game? Are the packs different than the packaged software?

Also, are the pro drums really worthwhile, or should I just get Guitar Hero instruments (considering I picked up a Band Hero bundle for $50)?[/QUOTE]

The Rock Band Track packs come with a one-time use code on the back of the manual that can be entered into PSN store and Xbox Live. There is no additinoal fee on PSN for these, and I'm assuming it's the same on Live. No disc needed for export. All songs will export.

Lego Rock Band also comes with a code that gives you access to the export license, but there is fee to complete the export. $10 and need disc in system if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure it's the same for exporting RB1 and RB2. Not all songs will export.

Or you can always purchase and download individual tracks or bundles of tracks on the RB store on PSN or Live.

I may have missed something, so anyone please add to or correct me :)

[quote name='godsmack13']The Rock Band Track packs come with a one-time use code on the back of the manual that can be entered into PSN store and Xbox Live. There is no additinoal fee on PSN for these, and I'm assuming it's the same on Live. No disc needed for export. All songs will export.

Lego Rock Band also comes with a code that gives you access to the export license, but there is fee to complete the export. $10 and need disc in system if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure it's the same for exporting RB1 and RB2. Not all songs will export.

Or you can always purchase and download individual tracks or bundles of tracks on the RB store on PSN or Live.

I may have missed something, so anyone please add to or correct me :)[/QUOTE]
RB1 and RB2 are the only games where a few tracks don't get exported.

Beatles tracks won't get exported for obvious reasons.

[quote name='venompsx']Did they ask for the original code or can you just email saying you have green day plus but your code isn't working?[/QUOTE]

nope. I just asked asked for a new export code and they gave me one no questions asked.

bread's done
Back