Rock Band Xbox 360 Bundle $140 at Walmart B&M YMMV

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I just got back from my local Walmart (Craig Rd & Las Vegas Blvd area) and they had a table set up with a bunch of the black friday deals that havent sold out yet. There had 12 Rock Band bundles for $140 for the Xbox 360.

[quote name='koji126']My local advertisement says $169.92. Did they just drop the price since it wasn't selling or is that the advertised price?[/quote]

they dropped the price...they have the $169 sign out and they crossed it out with a marker and wrote $140

[quote name='lVlasterchief']This isn't the Walmart in the Henderson area, right? The one near Sunset Station?[/quote]

it's this one

i just went back to check and ask about a further price drop...they are still $140 and they aren't gonna go any lower ... the guy standing in the "black friday sale area" with all the sale items said that the $140 price was a morning blitz sale and that they would stay that price till Monday....none have been sold since I was there last

[quote name='aznguyen316']ebay? haha[/quote]

they arent really selling for enough on ebay to make it worth flipping..plus shipping on that box sucks

I helped a friend of mine pick his up for $136 at TRU by giving him my 20% off coupon. I was just gonna use it on Uncharted (got my RB w/ trade-in credit at GS) and I figured $34 > $12.

They let him stack coupons anyway, so he also used the $10 gift card coupon for spending more than $75, and he turned around & gave me the gift card as thanks.

What the hell - how come I can't find a single one in Chicago?

Those ebay prices are showing that there's some stock around the country since the auctions are ending around retail price, but I refuse to pay 40 bucks shipping.

Some call this shortage BS, but I'm personally feeling it... =/

[quote name='nikkai']What the hell - how come I can't find a single one in Chicago?

Those ebay prices are showing that there's some stock around the country since the auctions are ending around retail price, but I refuse to pay 40 bucks shipping.

Some call this shortage BS, but I'm personally feeling it... =/[/quote]

agreed. too many shipping problems and random delays in my area (niles/skokie) so i just had to reserve one.

i found some at the woodfield mall gamestop at 6 AM (along with tons of wii's). no one really bought it. i think i saw one guy buy the 360 version at 9 AM when i complained that all the security sensors were going off because of the games i bought.

probably gone by now, but i'd say there might be a lone bundle at gamecrazy or maybe kmart. you can always check stores on wednesday around noon and there could be some bundles in their game shipments. good luck!

[quote name='nikkai']What the hell - how come I can't find a single one in Chicago?

Some call this shortage BS, but I'm personally feeling it... =/[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's a shortage problem at all, at least not right now, when it gets closer to the holidays we'll see. Sucks that you can't find one though =/. I saw around 6 or 7 Rock Bands at Costco today for the 360, with about the same amount for the PS3. The GH3 shortage? Now that's a problem. I have yet to see a single unit since launch day, when I decided against buying it. Shame on me.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I don't think there's a shortage problem at all, at least not right now, when it gets closer to the holidays we'll see. Sucks that you can't find one though =/. I saw around 6 or 7 Rock Bands at Costco today for the 360, with about the same amount for the PS3. The GH3 shortage? Now that's a problem. I have yet to see a single unit since launch day, when I decided against buying it. Shame on me.[/quote]

Wireless or wired? My Sam's had plenty (wired of course). Also saw the PC version of GH3 a couple places (with wired guitar).

I almost bit on the GH2 version yesterday for 360 at $60, figuring I could use the guitar with Rock Band even though I already have GH2 for PS2. But figured I would just wait on GH3 with wireless, since I don't have GH3 at all yet. Have to make the clean break from PS2 versions at some point, but not worth it for GH2 considering the lack of much new online content.

GH2 for 360 seems like more of a cash grab all the time. They should have had the free Halo content for GH2.

I've seen plenty of rock bands too.
I actually think the $60 GH TWO bundle is going to beat GH3 and rockband this month.

Oh, and don't forget the 360 GH 2 guitar works with rockband and GH3.

They have 2 at the Best Buy at Harlem and Irving Plaza and 2 at the Target, same mall.

[quote name='Malik112099']just checked....still $140 and they arent coming down....there are now 15 of the bundles[/quote]

I picked up one from the Walmart Vegas store mentioned in this thread for $140 as well. I couldn't resist the price!!

Kudos to Malik for the good find and the good tip!!:applause:

Rogue-7

In Chicagoland, it's all about luck and timing. Unfortunately, there's a SHAQ-ton of gamers here, and not enough games. I got my RB bundle (PS3) at my local Target, 10 min. from my house late on launch day (Tuesday).

And I just saw one lonely RB bundle (360) atop the games glass case at the K-Mart on Oakton Road in Des Plaines today...

wtf i want this!!
my family has a house in vegas, someone buy it and just leave it in the backyard!! we only go several times a yr during holidays and summer. if only we decided to go this thanksgiving lol. in the SF Bay Area, the closest walmart is an hours drive away or more. bu we got 3 targets within 5-10 mins of eachother...that makes sense

by the way, is the $60 GH II bundle a universal price drop, if so i might just wait it out and get that until rockband ever drops in price

bread's done
Back