rock band

The original or the sequel? If it is the original, you should just get Rock Band 2 and rent or buy the original used at GameStop and just import the songs for $5. You only lose 3 songs (Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden, Enter Sandman by Metallica), but gain a wealth of songs and better features in the process. This is of course if a) you own a 360 or PS3 and b) already own some form of instruments.

Unless you want to play either vocals, drums, or both you don't need to buy them. You could always buy the RB2 drums down the line in the future if you do want some drums. As for vocals, any USB mic will do. I really don't recommend you get the old RB band kit since it's pretty useless now that the new instruments are out. If you do want a bundle, the RB2 bundle is currently $168.99 at DeepDiscount for pre-order.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=48645661

I'm also looking for a deal. Picked up Rock Band 2 when Amazon had that free 1600 points deal. I would like to find the original Rock Band-disc only as cheap as possible.

Like I said earlier, just nab a copy from your local GS/EB used, export the songs to Rock Band 2 for $5, and return the game back to GS/EB and you got yourself all of RB's tracks in RB2.

bread's done
Back