Rock Revolution (360/PS3) $20 - Hastings - 3/20 - 3/28

The bigger news here is the awesome 30% off all used CDs, DVDs and Games that they're doing tonight from 10PM-Midnight.

The game isn't as bad as everyone says. Sure, most of the songs are covers (there are a few masters included, aren't there?) but they sound no different than the covers in GH 1 & 2. My main gripe is that most of the songs are Top 40 pop rock/punk garbage and not enough classics. Still a decent game though.

[quote name='Scorch']The bigger news here is the awesome 30% off all used CDs, DVDs and Games that they're doing tonight from 10PM-Midnight.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but 30% often doesn't mean much to me at Hastings. They are TERRIBLE about dropping game prices. Titles remain full price months after every other retailer has reduced the price.

Good news is sometimes you can locate harder-to-find titles like RPGs and such.

And beware of their old rental titles, not only are they in poor condition, they're covered in Hastings stickers (both the discs and the box).

Hastings - Your Entertainment Superstore!

30% off a used recent game isn't a bad deal. They sell used games at 10% off the retail price, so $53.99. 30% of that is $15.90, knocking it to $37.10, or right around $40 after tax. Not a bad deal if there's a game you were looking at getting.

I usually go and get Blu-Rays at 30% off. $19.99 used = $13.99. Woohoo! But they've started excluding BR out of the deal. It doesn't say BR excluded on this, though.

[quote name='neifirst']I hear you, but 30% often doesn't mean much to me at Hastings. They are TERRIBLE about dropping game prices. Titles remain full price months after every other retailer has reduced the price.

And beware of their old rental titles, not only are they in poor condition, they're covered in Hastings stickers (both the discs and the box).

Hastings - Your Entertainment Superstore![/quote]

This is too true.

When I heard the cover of Cum On Feel the Noize, my ears bled. It was also hard to get used to the drums with the vertical scrolling and the kick being a jewel and not a line.

It's $19.99 on Amazon all the time. I don't see how this is a "deal."

Oh yeah, and the game isn't very good either.

what exactly does it come with? For 20$, i'm not expecting much out of the game. And do these controllers transfer over to any of the other music games?

[quote name='heghei555']Note this game is clearanced at Target; I bought it this week for $5. So, worth a look before ordering.[/quote]

The ad appears to be for the drum bundle.

[quote name='yyr']It's $19.99 on Amazon all the time. I don't see how this is a "deal."

Oh yeah, and the game isn't very good either.[/QUOTE]

This is the game with drum kit.

yeah, even at that price, the reviews have me scared to get it. especially since the drum kit will never be used again; i think the company behind this game learned their lesson.

[quote name='neifirst']I hear you, but 30% often doesn't mean much to me at Hastings. They are TERRIBLE about dropping game prices. Titles remain full price months after every other retailer has reduced the price.

Hastings - Your Entertainment Superstore![/quote]

Okay sir months ago when they had just dropped Assassins creed universely to $29.99, the used game price up there was $24.99. I took advantage of one of their univseral game price drops and got it for 17.50 + tax.. not bad for back in the day..

and yes plenty of movies.. they have crates full of movies $2.99 and cheap like that.

Ok, I'm getting a little jealous.. what is this "Hastings" and where the hell can I find one?

I live in Oregon and sadly, we don't have any around here.

^^It's a media retailer in mostly the South, I believe. Website here: http://www.gohastings.com

Also, I can confirm that this is the game and drum controller bundle. I was able to pick one up locally, but haven't had a chance to try it out and decide for myself how good or bad it is.:lol:

[quote name='Rev3rEND']Ok, I'm getting a little jealous.. what is this "Hastings" and where the hell can I find one?

I live in Oregon and sadly, we don't have any around here.[/quote]

depending on where you live in oregon you could drive to tri-cities wa.;)

[quote name='arsennel']depending on where you live in oregon you could drive to tri-cities wa.;)[/QUOTE]

Ouchy, 4+ hour Drive. I'm in Salem.

Got one in Tri-Cities, WA at the Kennewick store. I actually like the drum kit, I haven't owned drums before, but for $20 it seems fine. Now have an extra copy of the game, will give to a friend who has Rockband, which is the only drums I've ever touched before.

I think the RR drum kit is suppose to work with RB and GHWT games.

bread's done
Back