Rock Revolution /w Drum kit 35.99 at BB

[quote name='mrmike']These things are $30 at the West LA (Los Angeles, CA) Best Buy. I got one. yea, I know, I'm crazy![/QUOTE]

Is that the store on Pico? I was there last week and couldn't find them (and of course there were no employees to be found)...

[quote name='bardockkun']Only thing that does if anything is the foot pedal (though if anything, anything that gets stomped on over time is bound to break), but other then that the ones after first generation have been sturdy. Plus who says anything about Rock Revolution drums being better? Plus I shouldn't even be making this argument as to which is better (especially for Rock Band 1 drums)...

You're looking at this.
8726088_ra.jpg

Vs. this monstrosity.
rock-revolution-drums-overview.jpg
[/QUOTE]

At least it looks like the hi-hat and snare are in the right place on the Rock Revolution kit. God forbid anyone actually play with proper cross-over drumming technique on their karaoke drum kit...

[quote name='nasum']At least it looks like the hi-hat and snare are in the right place on the Rock Revolution kit. God forbid anyone actually play with proper cross-over drumming technique on their karaoke drum kit...[/QUOTE]

If you know enough about drumming to know about cross-hand play, you should also be turned off because there's not nearly enough height difference between the pads on the RR set, making such play immensely uncomfortable. It looks like it should make sense, but when you actually sit down in front of one everyone has said it's a cumbersome, clunky mess.

RB's charts always emulate cross-hand play anyway, just without actually crossing your hands: the snare is typically the red pad and the cymbals/toms are on the yellow, blue and green.

Woah, went to the Pico (West LA) store and they had a nice stack at the front door. d'oh. (they weren't out last week and I wandered the store trying to find them, or someone to help me find them) It rang up as $36.48, though-- did you really get it for $30, MrMike? Or were you rounding?

Either way, I'm enough of a sucker for music games/masochist I figured I'd try it out. The boxes looked a bit beat up (and I did an in-store pickup order since I couldn't find them last week before they made the big pile at the door so I just took the one they gave me-- the girl tried to tell me it was $56.99 online and asked if I wanted to just buy one at the $36.48 price, she had no clue in-store pickups automatically adjust and spent 10 minutes with a coworker ignoring me telling them it would adjust while they tried to figure out how to adjust it.) but I doubt they'll move so fast I wouldn't be able to get a replacement. ;)

bread's done
Back