Rock Revolution w/ Drumkit 9.89 at EB Games

KILLER TREKKY

CAGiversary!
Was in my friendly neighborhood EB Games today and found a new Rock Revolution Drum Set with the Rock Revolution game for 9.89. Very awesome deal for the drums, even if the game sucks, they're supposed to work with Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

The base pedal seems to be the same type used by the Rock Band, so it may be able to serve as a replacement for the unreliable Rock Band 1 ones.

The drums, though of a different layout, are solid metal construction.

Great price for what it is! :)

Even though many people hate this game, I thought it was worth the $5 for a new copy at Gamestop. I actually like the graphics better than GH: WT. The game and drum kit sounds like a steal for $10.

The drums work with other music games but you need to go into Rock Revolution's options to change the number of pads from 7 to 5.

However, speaking from experience, I wouldn't bother picking this set up for an extra/spare kit as the pad layout doesn't match other games (Rock Band etc) at all which makes for a really frustrating experience. I paid 9.99 for the bundle and after using the drums for 2 weeks I wouldn't even take em if they were free - they're that bad!

The game itself is ok. The music selection is pretty small and is comprised of all covers (with the exception of 1 or 2 songs). They threw in some interesting ideas like Poison Note Challenges and the recording studio but the game is just really really meh all around. $10 isn't bad for the game alone but I bet you can find it for even cheaper as quite a few retailers are trying to dump them for cheap due to low sales.

I'm guessing it costs more money for EB to throw them in the garbage!

Besides, they need that space for Tony Hawk Ride, which BTW, will be $9.89 this time next year... Hell, maybe this time next month!

bread's done
Back