ROCK REVOLUTION W/DRUMKIT (PS3) $107 at superduperclub

[quote name='mkelehan']Dear Konami:

Good luck. You waited waaaaay too long on this one.[/quote]
It's like throwing a party, leaving early, returning after the new kids become cool and walking through the door expecting everyone to put you back on the "cool kid" status.

(Disclosure: I am a Bemani fan)

[quote name='mkelehan']Dear Konami:

Good luck. You waited waaaaay too long on this one.[/QUOTE]

This is where UBeat comes in.

This might have a following anyway if the drum and guitar are compatible with the Japanese Guitar Freaks/Drum Mania games. Anyone know?

[quote name='Smallville123']so whats the msrp curiously?[/quote]

MSRP is $129.99 for the bundle.

[quote name='crunchewy']This might have a following anyway if the drum and guitar are compatible with the Japanese Guitar Freaks/Drum Mania games. Anyone know?[/quote]

That's a good question and I'd like to see if that works out for the drums at least. There is no official Rock Revolution guitar; they're advertising that it works with GH and RB guitars (or just GH...i forget).

Konami is so gonna beat RB and GH WT. The drums are awesome and the game will start a revolution....a ROCK REVOLUTION!!!*

*Asterisk denotes comments that would have been posted years ago if Konami wouldn't have waited until now to release this. No purchase necessary.

This game is going to have Quiet Riot's Cum on Feel the Noize and Ratt's Round and Round and Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills, and they actually had the decency to include a Scorpions song that ISN'T Rock You Like A Hurricane (since that seems to be the only song many people know by them), so that is all awesome. Also Lita Ford, hell yes.

Even though though it has a fucking unprecedented amount of shit music in it. Blink-182, Foo Fighters, Jet, Fall Out Boy, Killswitch Engage, All-American Rejects, Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Wolfmother, Papa Roach, Lacuna Coil, Three Days Grace, and fucking Avril Lavigne. God save me.

This game is bipolar as fuck, in that the all the music in it is either awesome 80s metal, or goddamn shitty mcshitshit teenie mall rock.

Also, looking at the tracklist, it's fucking stunning how many of the songs are in other music games. Half of this shit is in Guitar Hero On Tour.

[quote name='twen']Meh. I'll skip Rock Revolution and go to pop'n 15 and IIDX 15.[/QUOTE]

seriously, Rock Revolution isn't even related to poop'n and beatmania.

I may pick it up for more songs to play. FYI all instruments (RB or GH) work with Rock Revolution. Sing I mainly sing- I don't really care if they are covers.

[quote name='ctice44']I may pick it up for more songs to play. FYI all instruments (RB or GH) work with Rock Revolution. Sing I mainly sing- I don't really care if they are covers.[/quote]
RR is guitar and drums only. There's no singing at all.

[quote name='AaronChance']RR is guitar and drums only. There's no singing at all.[/QUOTE]

Brownie points.

I like IIDX (once I got Gold - the US release is just bad), but I just completely suck at the game. I can't imagine ever getting out of the beginner mode. I'm glad that Gold at least has a lot of songs in the beginner mode, but I'd like, someday, to be able to play standard mode. Until I can, I can't see myself buying another version of the game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I like IIDX (once I got Gold - the US release is just bad), but I just completely suck at the game. I can't imagine ever getting out of the beginner mode. I'm glad that Gold at least has a lot of songs in the beginner mode, but I'd like, someday, to be able to play standard mode. Until I can, I can't see myself buying another version of the game.[/QUOTE]

IIDX GOOOOOOOOOooLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!1

MAKE IT MAKE MONEY!!

I actually kind of like the drum kit in RR, its got the most pads and the layout looks interesting. I didn't really get into the genre until they brought out the drums so I'm at least interested.

bread's done
Back