Rockband 2 Bundle (360, PS3, Wii) $169 shipped @ DDD.com

Just don't expect it anytime near release day. I canceled my GH3 order form them last year since 2 weeks after the game came out they still hadn't shipped it.

Still waiting on my drums and guitar (I bit on buying them separately because they're each cheaper than retail and I don't have to wait a month), but hey, they shipped my game!

DDD is reliable.. but I agree w/ the slow shipping

Anyone know what the MSRP on this bundle is?
Might try to snag it @ CC w/ one of those $40 off $199 coupons if that's less.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']DDD is reliable.. but I agree w/ the slow shipping

Anyone know what the MSRP on this bundle is?
Might try to snag it @ CC w/ one of those $40 off $199 coupons if that's less.[/QUOTE]

I think it's $189.

[quote name='OtherAdam']I think it's $189.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's right. i think $30 off MSRP and no taxes is definitely worth slow shipping

I've shopped with DeepDiscount for about four years now. Their shipping is quite strange. Sometimes, when I pre-ordered DVDs, they'd be in my mailbox on the street date, which is fast, I suppose, considering that it's coming from Illinois and I'm in Hawaii. Then again, when my orders were larger, say three or four box sets, it'd take three weeks. That's about how long I have to wait on a normal basis and I really don't mind. DeepDiscount's return policy is pretty good as well. There were times when I've had stuff damaged or floater discs and they paid for my S&H to send it back to them. Overall, I've been pretty satisfied. Not too sure about heavy stuff like the RB2 bundle, but I placed my order anyway. I doubt I'm going to find this cheaper anywhere else.

I'm in for one. The website says that delivery will be on or near release date, so I am hoping that it won't be too bad.

170 is the best deal I've seen so far on RB2 bundles.

Yeah they said the delivery for the drums would be on or around release date as well. Today I canceled my order because they told me that they had no idea when they would be in stock. It is a good deal and if they come through it will be worth it, for those that really want it near release date I would suggest going another route. I am very skeptical that these orders will all ship on release date.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']hmmm how much is rockband game only?[/quote]

60 right now for 360/PS3

Thanks for the heads-up! Saves me some money and costs Buy.com a sale, since I was trying to buy it from them but they wouldn't let me use a coupon code. Oh well. Their loss.

[quote name='lobitoh']any info?[/quote]

What info do you need? So far they haven't charged me for anything yet, and I haven't got a cancellation either. But if something goes wrong I will let you know. They have sent me a order confirmation, and it has been a few days, so I am guessing that it will go through. The only thing that worries me is the delivery time, how long it will take and such. But I will keep updates on how it is going if you would like.

I almost ordered the drums, but then I didn't when I saw this message after adding it to my cart:

This item is a pre-order. It will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled release date.
Nov 16, 2008

Almost a two month wait for something that's already out at many retailers? No thanks. The fact that so many people are complaining about ridiculous issues with these new sets doesn't help either. I ordered a $10 replacement for my unplayable yellow pad off of ebay instead. The rest of my kit is just fine for now.

[quote name='morphineseason']I almost ordered the drums, but then I didn't when I saw this message after adding it to my cart:

Almost a two month wait for something that's already out at many retailers? No thanks. The fact that so many people are complaining about ridiculous issues with these new sets doesn't help either. I ordered a $10 replacement for my unplayable yellow pad off of ebay instead. The rest of my kit is just fine for now.[/quote]

Too bad you are not getting it for 360. Its release is 10/19. :lol:

[quote name='jam3d']Too bad you are not getting it for 360. Its release is 10/19. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oops...I didn't see that it was for the Wii. I was actually referring to the 360 version. I was wondering why there was two drums with the same name. Thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='morphineseason']Oops...I didn't see that it was for the Wii. I was actually referring to the 360 version. I was wondering why there was two drums with the same name. Thanks for clearing that up.[/quote]

No problem, glad to help. Yeah I don't know why they decided to have different release dates for all the different systems, but its a great way to confuse the consumers, as you have pointed out. Would it be too much to ask for a single release date for 1 system and all of the new instruments on the same day? Would be nice.

Hey guys, maybe one of you can help me out with a prob. Im interested in the Rock band 2 bundle for the PS3 but its not very clear if the drums included are the wireless drums or not, the item descriptions for the bundle doesn't mention it anywhere. Anyone one know what gives?

I'm also curious if the new PS3 version still uses those annoying dongles. I'm considering switching over to the 360 version for RockBand 2 if that's the case.

[quote name='blueboy']I'm also curious if the new PS3 version still uses those annoying dongles. I'm considering switching over to the 360 version for RockBand 2 if that's the case.[/quote]I thought all versions had the dongles. Is the 360 version directly connected to the console's controller input?

[quote name='outphase']I thought all versions had the dongles. Is the 360 version directly connected to the console's controller input?[/quote]

Hmmm... that's what I thought, but I could be wrong since I've never seen it in person.

[quote name='blueboy']I'm also curious if the new PS3 version still uses those annoying dongles. I'm considering switching over to the 360 version for RockBand 2 if that's the case.[/quote]

That's actually the reason I haven't bought a Rock Band or Guitar Hero game yet. :bomb:

[quote name='ultrarobotninja']Hey guys, maybe one of you can help me out with a prob. Im interested in the Rock band 2 bundle for the PS3 but its not very clear if the drums included are the wireless drums or not, the item descriptions for the bundle doesn't mention it anywhere. Anyone one know what gives?[/quote]

Yeah DeepDiscount isn't very descriptive.

Found a description of the special edition:

Rock Band 2 will ship with 2nd generation hardware: more durable, wireless drums with an expansion port to support cymbal pads and improved wireless Fender Stratocaster guitars - with multiple colors - that will let you rock harder and longer then ever before.

This was a description on an pre-order ebay item for ps3. Drums are included in all special edition packages. I am banking on this bundle having wireless guitars and drums. Hope this answers your question.

I'm pretty sure all Rock Band 2 bundles will include the wireless a guitar and drums. I'm not even sure if there will be wired versions of the new instruments.

[quote name='Shady3011']I'm pretty sure all Rock Band 2 bundles will include the wireless a guitar and drums. I'm not even sure if there will be wired versions of the new instruments.[/quote]

Yeah I think you right. I have not seen any.

So has anyone had theirs shipped yet? Still waiting on mine. Hope it won't be long...

When I ordered mine, it said they ship on or around October 19. So seeing as that's Sunday, I'm guessing it'll ship on Monday the 20. Still don't know when that means it will show up as people on here have said before they have sloooooow shipping

[quote name='jedifrog21']When I ordered mine, it said they ship on or around October 19. So seeing as that's Sunday, I'm guessing it'll ship on Monday the 20. Still don't know when that means it will show up as people on here have said before they have sloooooow shipping[/quote]
DD uses Media Mail for larger parcels. Though, I have no clue what they're going to use with Rock Band 2 considering that there is technically only one piece of media in the big box (the game disc). There have been times when they used Priority, but that was when I had ordered only one DVD from them and I highly doubt that they will be willing to pay the S&H for a box weighing 18 pounds. Who knows, by time any of us receive our order, the Wii version will be out already.

I would've assumed they might send it out on Friday or Saturday since with their super slow shipping, it wouldn't get to us for several days anyway. Hoping they better send it out on Monday.

Damnit! DD is telling me the item is temporarily out of stock and they have absolutely no estimated shipping date. Way to go with the preorders there. From preorder to out of stock with no in stock.

Yep, DD is pretty bad with videogame pre-orders.

If you absolutely don't mind getting it cheap, you may eventually get your orders, but like another posted here, I cancelled my GH3 pre-order last year after about 3 weeks with nothing and no idea when they'd get them.

I think we need a rule that all DD pre-order deals on popular games need a disclaimer-- this isn't just about DD's slow shipping, this is about the WEEKS it takes them to get stock, to then slowly ship to you. ;)

Damn it. Well, I'm going to Costco this weekend to see if they have any PS3 versions there in stock since it was reported in the other thread that it was $169 w/ tax. Way to go DD. Guess they're only reliable when it comes to DVDs.

Edit: Meh... Canceled my order seeing that I really don't want to wait THAT long to play this game.

I called deepdiscount.com to see why my order is still in processing status and they said that they have not received their order of RB2 yet, and will send out asap. They said they will email and charge my Credit Card when order ships.

If costco (166 +tax) gets it before dd.com ships (costco didn't get there order on release day either), then I am canceling. I don't want to wait on them and there notoriously slow shipping.

This was expected. The same thing happened last year with the Rock Band 1 orders. I ended up canceling. Don't understand why they didn't get their stock in last week like every other retailer.

Canceled here as well in anticipation of getting one at costco. In all fairness they were very apologetic about their shipping times; I think they know about the problem, so hopefully they are working on fixing it.

Found out they're out of stock and don't know when they'll get them in. Canceled and used the Live cashback and my eBay %10 off coupon for about $60 off, not too shabby

Canceled, I'm too impatient. I broke down and went to CC. Costco was giving me a run around as well. Needed to practice before my Halloween Party next week.:)

Uh, for some reason DD canceled my order for me. I resubmitted it just to give them one last chance.

Edit: Screw it. I rather just do the Live cashback promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back