Rockband X360 for 141.99 @ Amazon

Everyoen who hasn't bought it yet, BUY IT. I bought it at full price, and have definitely gotten a LOT of use out of it. Highly, highly recommended.

With all that talk of Best Buy being able to be haggled with to an extent, anyone think there's a chance to price match this with them? I'd be all over it but I live in WA and have to pay tax on Amazon purchases :(

[quote name='akashhhhh']I'm getting my $10 back. Where's that Amazon.com phone number...[/QUOTE]

Way easier to just e-mail them. I've never had to wait longer than 12 hours to get a confirmation of price adjustment. They have records of every item's price so even if the price jumps back up before they e-mail you, they can see that. Never had a problem and usually have a refund within a few hours of e-mailing.

[quote name='WilliamG']Way easier to just e-mail them. I've never had to wait longer than 12 hours to get a confirmation of price adjustment. They have records of every item's price so even if the price jumps back up before they e-mail you, they can see that. Never had a problem and usually have a refund within a few hours of e-mailing.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, done. Amazon.com really is pretty impressive. They managed to get me Rock Band overnight, for free (well, I have Prime, which should have been 2-day). They don't charge tax for California, and they have the best prices...generally.

Does anyone know how the RMA process works if one of the peripherals breaks down? Does the replacement have a 60 day warranty too? Or is it a one-time type of deal? The numerous reports about the drums/guitar needing to be repaired worries me.

[quote name='studioaudience']Does anyone know how the RMA process works if one of the peripherals breaks down? Does the replacement have a 60 day warranty too? Or is it a one-time type of deal? The numerous reports about the drums/guitar needing to be repaired worries me.[/QUOTE]

So far, the RMA process has been super easy. You go to the EA Support site, and request a replacement. They don't require date of purchase, proof of purchase, or anything along those lines. If you give them your credit card number, they'll put a hold on about $125 or so, and then send you a replacement guitar/drums. They'll remove the hold when you send back the broken set.

If you're unwilling/unable to put that on a credit card, they'll send you a box for you to send your broken set, and they'll send a replacement upon receiving it.

Technically, I don't know whether the 60 day warranty period resets when you get a replacement or not, but either way EA seems to be helping everybody with broken peripherals, regardless of time. Of course, this probably won't stay this way forever...

Get your recommendations on Amazon in you guys, it's in my gold box for ~$137. I can only see the price going down, and getting a gold box deal will make it sweeter.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Everyoen who hasn't bought it yet, BUY IT. I bought it at full price, and have definitely gotten a LOT of use out of it. Highly, highly recommended.[/quote]

I definitely want to buy Rock Band, especially because of the Boston DLC, but I'm more worried about the peripherals.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Everyoen who hasn't bought it yet, BUY IT. I bought it at full price, and have definitely gotten a LOT of use out of it. Highly, highly recommended.[/quote]

I agree. Rock Band's replay value is incredible.

Yea me too, was on the fence until I read at work about how Still Alive was coming for free but by the time I got home it was gone. Actually this would be worth ordering with the free super saver shipping just to see the mailman trying to lug it around from house to house while he does his route.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Yea me too, was on the fence until I read at work about how Still Alive was coming for free but by the time I got home it was gone. Actually this would be worth ordering with the free super saver shipping just to see the mailman trying to lug it around from house to house while he does his route.[/quote]

Or, if you have someone like one of the people on my route, he'll chuck it at the front door, and flee like a robber from a crime scene.

Hmm, that sounds bad seeing as the odds of the box exploding causing the pieces to assemble is fairly low compared to the chances of cracked plastic.

And the PS3 and PS2 versions are back up to normal. What wackiness. Also been checking the warehouse site and haven't seen the 360 version on there at all yet.

I have a PS3.. is this game fun w/ guitar only? or one or the other. I can get the game itself on goozex.. so I can spend some cash on either the guitar or drums, worth it?

[quote name='aznguyen316']I have a PS3.. is this game fun w/ guitar only? or one or the other. I can get the game itself on goozex.. so I can spend some cash on either the guitar or drums, worth it?[/quote]

Get the whole thing. I play guitar and sing at the same time, sometimes I also just drum. The variety of it is what really makes it fun.

I was on the fence about buying it, just because it's still pretty expensive.

Then my younger brother IMed me, "buy Rock Band!"
He almost never gets excited over video games, so less than 30 seconds later I had it ordered.

Got ours yesterday (ordered when it was 150$, Amazon fixed the cost when I called them).

My wife's been playing it a lot and loves it, we played some online with a friend and that was great too. It feels a lot more polished than Guitar Hero II (haven't tried III). The music seems more matched to the markers, and the setlist is better.

Drum is very tiring to play until you manage to get the perfect ergonomic setup, be aware.
Also, make sure to increase the subs on your stereo system, it doesn't produce enough oomph otherwise.

bread's done
Back