Rocketfish PS3 Wireless Controller - 14.99 BestBuy

both links appear to be consistent.

edit: ok the third works.

second edit: the controller looks a bit crappy, but i like the setup and it seems to have all the features, ie rumble and bt.

wats up with the link???, there must b a glitch in the matrix, found the controller on BB.com, looks "ok", and its bascially a 360 controller for the PS3

bought one last year, returned it. the analog sticks just didn't feel right to me, were kinda stiff. might try it again for that price though.

[quote name='jman619']I bought one. I guess I'll find out if it was worth it or not. From the review some people said it was made to cheap and some said it had input delay...[/QUOTE]

That was my experience. It was also uncomfortable to hold by virtue of the curvature of the palmrests.

In for 2. Our family plays a lot of Monopoly on the PS3 and we always had to share controllers. Input lag won't be a problem with that game and now all four of us will have our own controller. Probably not a good reason to spend 30 bucks but what the h***.

I got one. I like it. $15 is good for rumble/sixaxis/blutooth and 360 style. It is great for a backup controller I think. As the main controller maybe not. But it is a cheap way to have an extra controller for a friend, especially if you have a lot of 360 friends. I do agree with the joystiq review about the L1 and R1. They are very awkward. It does feel a little cheap, but again for $15 it is as good as you're going to get.

edit: It come with a 9 foot cord as well, which is nice because the normal one with the DS3 is way too short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this controller its fine wired in but if you play wireless sometimes lags on the PS3 Menu. Battery drains fast wireless. Now it doesnt even hold a battery charge, but it still works using the wire into the PS3.

Even though the online tracker said it was sold out everywhere, I decided to go to BB and see for myself.

Sure enough, the second BB I tried had two of them still on the shelf. Decided to pick one up since I still had an unused $5 RZ certificate. $10 for a new PS3 controller is pretty good, IMO.

Does this thing have L2 and R2 triggers like the xbox360?

I personally very much dislike the DS3 when playing FPS on the PS3. I prefer the 360 controller MUCH superior for FPS's.

Oh, how i wish i could play MAG with a 360 controller.

Edit: Oh wow, after watching the Joystiq video review, it does. Color me intrested. And for 15 bucks? Why not. Still looks like a solid extra controler if anything.

Anyone have a link to an inventory check?

Yup, it does have triggers like the 360 controller. Haven't played with it much yet, still charging.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Does this thing have L2 and R2 triggers like the xbox360?

I personally very much dislike the DS3 when playing FPS on the PS3. I prefer the 360 controller MUCH superior for FPS's.

Oh, how i wish i could play MAG with a 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='revsmitty']Yup, it does have triggers like the 360 controller. Haven't played with it much yet, still charging.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, your thoughts on the controller playing an FPS would be appreciated. :)

[quote name='Viol8tor']Does this thing have L2 and R2 triggers like the xbox360?

Edit: Oh wow, after watching the Joystiq video review, it does. Color me intrested. And for 15 bucks? Why not. Still looks like a solid extra controler if anything.

Anyone have a link to an inventory check?[/QUOTE]

It looks like BB disabled the inventory checker when it sold out online. You could try what I did and just go to your local BB and hope you get lucky (I specifically remember the inventory checker saying that the BB where I got my controller today was sold out).

Anyone have a link to an inventory check?[/QUOTE]

I've had mine for a couple of months and I've been real happy with it. I use it for LBP and COD:MW2. Never noticed any lag, but I think thats associated with a low charge. Not a problem given the cable is nice and long and I can play all the way across the living room even if I have to plug it in. Having an on-off switch is nice too.

IDK about MAG, but in COD:MW2 you can re-map the R1/L1/bumper thingies so that the layout is right for us :360: players. The reason I doubt the reported lag issues is that I get double the kills on this over a :ps3: DS3, so it can't be lagging too bad.

I will warn you that its slightly larger-broader than a :360: controller, so people with small hands could have a problem with it (but it was perfect for me).

This thing is trash stay away, I have one and the triggers are terrible after a month it wouldn't charge, very cheaply made probably being discontinued hence the price, stick with XCM if you want a 360 controller on ps3

[quote name='bigwightdog']I've had mine for a couple of months and I've been real happy with it. I use it for LBP and COD:MW2. Never noticed any lag, but I think thats associated with a low charge. Not a problem given the cable is nice and long and I can play all the way across the living room even if I have to plug it in. Having an on-off switch is nice too.

IDK about MAG, but in COD:MW2 you can re-map the R1/L1/bumper thingies so that the layout is right for us :360: players. The reason I doubt the reported lag issues is that I get double the kills on this over a :ps3: DS3, so it can't be lagging too bad.

I will warn you that its slightly larger-broader than a :360: controller, so people with small hands could have a problem with it (but it was perfect for me).[/QUOTE]

:D

[quote name='madgamez']This thing is trash stay away, I have one and the triggers are terrible after a month it wouldn't charge, very cheaply made probably being discontinued hence the price, stick with XCM if you want a 360 controller on ps3[/QUOTE]

:cry:

[quote name='Viol8tor']:D

:cry:[/QUOTE]

Well, like you said yourself:

[quote name='Viol8tor']Edit: Oh wow, after watching the Joystiq video review, it does. Color me intrested. And for 15 bucks? Why not. Still looks like a solid extra controler if anything.[/QUOTE]

I have one and drop kicked it in favor of an XCM, pricey but so worth it. My main gripe would be that it kept doing random things while watching video's, like pausing or exiting out, I didn't notice any lag but the player menu in CoD4 would just randomly popup at times. 2nd would be turbo wipe's out the battery, my guess is the LED strobing nonstop. 3rd the horrible bumpers. The controller overall feel's ok but it could of been just me but after a while you kind of just get tired of holding it. With all that said I'll trade mine for a cheap PS3 game ;)

I'd recommend the DreamGear Shadow 6 controller over this. It's on Amazon right now for $34. It's not bluetooth, but it's vastly superior build quality.

Hey guys quick question...
I got this controller the other day and it wont work when wireless. I charged it and the blue light went off and i unplug it and it turns off and I can't turn it back on unless it is plugged in. The switch on the bottom is turned to ON. I am not sure what is going on here.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Hey guys quick question...
I got this controller the other day and it wont work when wireless. I charged it and the blue light went off and i unplug it and it turns off and I can't turn it back on unless it is plugged in. The switch on the bottom is turned to ON. I am not sure what is going on here.[/QUOTE]

note that many sony ps3 controller has this problem too...untill I reset my console, then it went away... for 3 months.

back to the topic, this controller is worth it as SECONDARY/backup for friend who come over. NEVER USE IT for primary controller.

I picked up two of these, my BB had at least 10. I've only had a few minutes to play with one but so far I've run into a few quirks already, found some good things I like about em as well though.

First of all the glossy finish is retarded, 10 minutes tops and it already looks like a crime scene. The curve of the handles is a bit annoying, but if you choke up on the controller more it's not too bad. I usually hold my 360 controllers pretty far down so it will take a little adjusting.

The analog sticks feel fine, they aren't quite as slippery as the DS3 ones, but my thumbs still slip a little. If you pull the sticks all the way in any direction there are little gaps where you can see the PCB, not too big of a deal though.

I played a little Flow using sixaxis controls and it was actually pretty decent, so that's a plus.

When you pull the USB cable after charging, the controller has to desynch/resynch which is a little annoying. Bluetooth connectivity is still a plus compared to an RF adapter though.

Face buttons do rattle a little bit, but they actually feel pretty good. Not as mushy/cheap feeling as I thought they'd be based on reviews, I actually like them.

Haven't used it long enough to speak on ergonomics yet. I had a problem with one of the first games I played though, Tank Battles. When I tap L2 to plant a mine, sometimes it'll just plant one, other times it'll plant 3 mines in a row. Then when I die and respawn it's automatically planting mines resulting in suicide if you aren't moving. If I tap L2 again it stops planting mines by itself until I hit it again. Pretty weird, not sure if it's a game incompatibility issue or a problem with the pad itself, I need more time to play around with it.

As far as lag I didn't notice any right away but I've only played a little bit so far. I'll update with more impressions when I have time to try the other pad and play some more games. I'm hoping I can figure out the mine issue with Tank Battles though, cause it's a deal breaker if that can't be sorted out, it's one of the main games I wanted more controllers for.

[quote name='shytface']I picked up two of these, my BB had at least 10. I've only had a few minutes to play with one but so far I've run into a few quirks already, found some good things I like about em as well though.

First of all the glossy finish is retarded, 10 minutes tops and it already looks like a crime scene. The curve of the handles is a bit annoying, but if you choke up on the controller more it's not too bad. I usually hold my 360 controllers pretty far down so it will take a little adjusting.

The analog sticks feel fine, they aren't quite as slippery as the DS3 ones, but my thumbs still slip a little. If you pull the sticks all the way in any direction there are little gaps where you can see the PCB, not too big of a deal though.

I played a little Flow using sixaxis controls and it was actually pretty decent, so that's a plus.

When you pull the USB cable after charging, the controller has to desynch/resynch which is a little annoying. Bluetooth connectivity is still a plus compared to an RF adapter though.

Face buttons do rattle a little bit, but they actually feel pretty good. Not as mushy/cheap feeling as I thought they'd be based on reviews, I actually like them.

Haven't used it long enough to speak on ergonomics yet. I had a problem with one of the first games I played though, Tank Battles. When I tap L2 to plant a mine, sometimes it'll just plant one, other times it'll plant 3 mines in a row. Then when I die and respawn it's automatically planting mines resulting in suicide if you aren't moving. If I tap L2 again it stops planting mines by itself until I hit it again. Pretty weird, not sure if it's a game incompatibility issue or a problem with the pad itself, I need more time to play around with it.

As far as lag I didn't notice any right away but I've only played a little bit so far. I'll update with more impressions when I have time to try the other pad and play some more games. I'm hoping I can figure out the mine issue with Tank Battles though, cause it's a deal breaker if that can't be sorted out, it's one of the main games I wanted more controllers for.[/QUOTE]

i have the same problem with the L2 button, sometimes works once or more

[quote name='madgamez']This thing is trash stay away, I have one and the triggers are terrible after a month it wouldn't charge, very cheaply made probably being discontinued hence the price, stick with XCM if you want a 360 controller on ps3[/QUOTE]

the 2 yr warranty is only 5.99, i paid 22.xx for it

I bought this controller and returned it a few days later. It had MAJOR delay issues when pressing a button and the PS3 responding to the action. I was testing it out when I was playing MW:2 at the time. At $15, might be worth picking up and at-least trying it out. Can always return.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Swung by local BB yesterday, and had non of these in stock. Dam, that's what i get for living in the major L.A area.[/QUOTE]

or u could drop by the date before to get it? lol

for ppl who complain about "sensitive" L2 button, did you turn on the "turbo fire" feature? it may be on, hence your problem

[quote name='aleraiders']the 2 yr warranty is only 5.99, i paid 22.xx for it[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a third of the cost of a new release game. To each there own I guess, my experience with this controller was that it is a very poor product not worth even the discounted pricing will never again touch Rocketfish and I thought Madcatz controllers were cheap.

Play purely fps games hence why the triggers were a big deal to me.

[quote name='madgamez']Yeah that's a third of the cost of a new release game. To each there own I guess, my experience with this controller was that it is a very poor product not worth even the discounted pricing will never again touch Rocketfish and I thought Madcatz controllers were cheap.

Play purely fps games hence why the triggers were a big deal to me.[/QUOTE]

if fps is your thing, then you also bought the wrong system. i bought a rocketfish bt keyboard and mouse combo couple years ago and it's been working fine. using it with my ps3 no less for text chat and occational unreal tourny 3. i will give this controller a shot.

[quote name='agentghost']or u could drop by the date before to get it? lol

for ppl who complain about "sensitive" L2 button, did you turn on the "turbo fire" feature? it may be on, hence your problem[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I think the turbo feature is button specific, in other words you press the button you want turbo on then press the turbo button, and if I'm wrong then you only get turbo on the R2...I dont believe I tried to set other button's but it did only use turbo on the R2 the other's responded normally.

bread's done
Back