Rocketfish PS3 Wireless Controller - 14.99 BestBuy

Turns out my L2 issue was a faulty trigger. In Age of Booty the screen would constantly reset to my towns until I fiddled with L2 to get it to neutral. So I opened my other controller and the L2 problem has disappeared. It's probably a spring loaded trigger and something's not sitting right in there. Might be an easy fix but I don't have a proper sized screw driver to get it open. Has anyone gotten inside one of these yet?

The bumper on the one with the messed up L2 trigger is better than the second controller though. On this other controller I have to hold the bumper (L1) in just the right place or it's hit or miss. Kind of a PITA in Uncharted 2 but I'm used to it now so I know where/how to press. I've put 2-3 hours on these pads at a time and my hands aren't all cramped up or anything so they aren't that uncomfortable to use. I do have small hands too.

Overall, I like em as basic party game controllers. I'm playing through Uncharted 2 on Hard using a Rocketfish and it's usable. The DS3 definitely has smoother analog control, it's much easier to aim. I wouldn't play any shooters online with this thing, but for single player and local multiplayer games it fits the bill. So long as they last more than a month or so.

I'm gonna exchange my faulty L2 pad for another one, if you plan on getting some you might as well grab an extra or two in case you get one that's fubar out of the box and return the leftovers later.

Edit: It does seem noticeably harder to aim in Uncharted 2 when wireless as opposed to wired. Not sure if it's just anti-placebo effect or what, but I just feel less accurate without the cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='madgamez']Yeah that's a third of the cost of a new release game. To each there own I guess, my experience with this controller was that it is a very poor product not worth even the discounted pricing will never again touch Rocketfish and I thought Madcatz controllers were cheap.

Play purely fps games hence why the triggers were a big deal to me.[/QUOTE]

a third of the cost but with insurance, my primary reason for purchasing this is because me, my wife, my bro, my son etc etc (other family and friends) play PS3,

ive played mw2, mag, bfbc2 with this rocketfish controller, and it takes some getting use to actually not even think about which button ur pressing, so overall its an "ok" buy but the warranty is icing on the cake

ps - with the warranty, mayb just mayb, in about 2 yrs, these rocketfish controllers (hopefully) will get better and when i take it back to BB, mayb they will improve on this generation of controllers

I plan on using this as a PC controller as well. I'm on the fence on whether to buy one these or just get a wired logitech controller for $5 more. Is this worth the gamble?

[quote name='King J Gatz']Thanks op. I bought 2. Quit whinning the controllers work great.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I am happy to see that many people are happy. I mean for the price, I thought to myself that you cant really go wrong.

After using these for a few days, I am happy with the controllers myself, especially for the price. I love the 360 controller so this sort of helps with the transition to a PS3.

[quote name='shytface']First of all the glossy finish is retarded, 10 minutes tops and it already looks like a crime scene.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Hey. Thanks OP. I finally ended up going today to Best Buy in Concord Mills Mall (in northern Charlotte by Charlotte Motor Speedway). They had a boat load of these on the shelf with no price tags. I took one to the counter and he said it was $15 so I bought it. Bluetooth, etc. I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll post back when I play a game with it. If I like it I'll buy another one.

Peace,
Jimmy

I'm pleasantly surprised with this. Still playing with this controller and not having any issues at all. I do agree, the glossy finish it has is somewhat silly, but still works well nonetheless.

[quote name='Dann-o']This is why people should stick to OEM.[/QUOTE]
Yes, better off paying $50 for a DS3 that feels like crap in my hand. I would agree with OEM, IF Microsoft would make 360 controllers for PS3. :D

Of course, they aren't, and this thing is a steal for $15. Obviously everyone doesn't agree, but oh well.

I stumbled upon this when I went to BB but didn't post it. :newbie:

My local BB had a bunch of them and since I just paid $280 for a 60GB PS3 a couple weeks ago I figured $15 for a second controller wasn't bad at all.

My only complaint is that compared to the regular PS3 remotes, the sticks are super sensitive. I was seriously thinking about getting another one though for when a bunch of friends decide they all wanna play. I mean $15 compared to $50 for a sony controller, of course the sony controllers are better but you can buy 3 of these for the price of one of those.

I own it. It's a terrible controller. Unless you play with it connected via USB there is close to a seconds worth of lag. It makes any games with timing unplayable. God of War III and MLB 10 are brutal.

That said, all the buttons and triggers feel good, but like I already stated it won't be any good unless you keep it connected via USB and not bluetooth...

I spent $8 on it, and I regret it.

lol. complaining about $8 vs $40-$55 for a official controller?! i know we are cheapassgamers but this is rediculous. can't buy crap for $8 these days... a lunch at mcdonalds, couple gallons of gas, or a generic PS1 controller. i paid $16.xx for mine after tax. Although it's not official pad quality, it's worth about this much. stop valuing money like in the 80s.

bread's done
Back