Rocketfish Wii U Stereo Headset $4.99 - Best Buy

Man, I've wanted these for a while, but I just got a really nice general pair of headphones, and don't think I really need these now...but....$5...

Looks like it would work on any device that accepts the standard 1/8" jack.  Anyone know if the mic works on other devices, it seems like it would.

Grabbed a pair for in-store pickup. Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully I'll have a Wii-U soon to actually put it to use. lol

I had a pair of these a few months ago, but were returned due to the fact there wasn't a mute switch that worked for the mic. So the mic was always ON. Hopefully you have better luck. Cheers!

I bought this today as a cheap headset and for $5 it's not bad. Perfect for the PS4 and I can use it to stream on Twitch. Haven't tested online play yet though. 

They look just like the super-uncomfortable Sony headphones I used to use.

One of these days I'll find a nice set of headphones that sit over the ears instead of on my ears.

I had a pair of these a few months ago, but were returned due to the fact there wasn't a mute switch that worked for the mic. So the mic was always ON. Hopefully you have better luck. Cheers!
your mute switch didn't work or the mic just doesn't have the function? Deal breaker for me if so, it even states it on the description:

"Keep private conversations private with the microphone's mute function"

your mute switch didn't work or the mic just doesn't have the function? Deal breaker for me if so, it even states it on the description:

"Keep private conversations private with the microphone's mute function"
The mics on and off function worked on my dad's Samsung phone and on my iPhone. Haven't tested it on my Computer yet tho

That doesn't sound dumb at all. Frankly I wouldn't want voice chat for either title, because all you'd hear is small kids and adults that think they're cool tossing around language that doesn't need to be heard while playing either game.

That doesn't sound dumb at all. Frankly I wouldn't want voice chat for either title, because all you'd hear is small kids and adults that think they're cool tossing around language that doesn't need to be heard while playing either game.
I never really understood why people say this. You can just take the headset off or mute the players. It's always easier to chat with friends in game than have to use a cell phone or other pc. I wouldn't really be playing anonymously either, basically just with friends who have moved about the country.

e.e there are tons of annoying prepubescent kids squealing online on ultraviolent Xbox and PlayStation games. Nobody bitches about that. Yet mention Mario kart and suddenly it's a problem.. e.e and Mario kart isn't even here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Ordered one and received it in the mail recently.

The Mute button doesn't work, but other than that they are comfortable and work well. I Also use them on my laptop.

Has anyone got these that would be able to compare the volume and quality to the Turtle Beach N11?  Got the N11 a couple months ago with the @gamer coupon and they're decent but way too quiet.

Hmmm.... will these work on anything else?  I mean, looking at them, I'm sure PS360 is a no-go, but will they work as headphones for 3DS, or with a smartphone or laptop?

Hmmm.... will these work on anything else? I mean, looking at them, I'm sure PS360 is a no-go, but will they work as headphones for 3DS, or with a smartphone or laptop?
It's a standard 3 channel (left, right, mic) 3.5mm headphone jack so will work with anything you mentioned but wouldn't work as headphones and mic on the laptop at the same time.

It's a standard 3 channel (left, right, mic) 3.5mm headphone jack so will work with anything you mentioned but wouldn't work as headphones and mic on the laptop at the same time.
Cool, if they'll work with 3DS I'll grab a pair if I see them. Not going out of my way for them though.

Picked two up; thanks OP. Quality is decent enough for $5.

Also saw PokePark 2 on clearance for 25 and picked up two copies of that (one for myself and a friend)

Depending on your laptop, of course. My iMac can use my iPhone's earbuds as a headset/mic combo, so I imagine it would likely work the same for this set.

Just a warning: these are hot as hell. And I don't mean the deal. I mean, after a good 20 minutes, your ears will feel as though they're on fire. I started wearing them over the tops or the bottoms of my ears just to let in some much needed air.

Otherwise, they're awesome!

Just a warning: these are hot as hell. And I don't mean the deal. I mean, after a good 20 minutes, your ears will feel as though they're on fire. I started wearing them over the tops or the bottoms of my ears just to let in some much needed air.

Otherwise, they're awesome!
perfect. I can wear them out in the brutal winter cold and listen to music.

Garbage quality, barely worth the $5. You're better of spending an extra $15 and getting the Turtle Beach ones instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back