Rocksmith Deals?

An J0e

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I can't seem to find any deals for rocksmith other than bestbuy and gamestop, who's deals offer money off a guitar purchase.

I already have a guitar (that's why i want this game) so i don't need to get a new one.

Anyone know of a deal where it is cheaper or w/ credit?

or should i just wait for a price drop/ black friday. (I'm a bit skeptical so I might wait for reviews and not pre-order).

Your thinking of "power gig: rise of the six strings"

Rocksmith is the new game from Ubisoft: it comes with a 1/4" cord usb drive that works with any guitar (with a 1/4" plug).

Rocksmith comes out this tuesday.

Some Target stores apparently broke street date and have it available now. Still at the MSRP though.
Other than that amazon is probably your best bet since they don't charge sales tax. Kind of disappointing that the only offers are guitar discounts and not generic gift cards.

[quote name='An J0e']Your thinking of "power gig: rise of the six strings"

Rocksmith is the new game from Ubisoft: it comes with a 1/4" cord usb drive that works with any guitar (with a 1/4" plug).

Rocksmith comes out this tuesday.[/QUOTE] oh wow, duh!!! Guess I need to sharpen my reading and paying attention skills

[quote name='shadowkast']oh wow, duh!!! Guess I need to sharpen my reading and paying attention skills[/QUOTE]

NP, at least you actually check the request thread ;)

Still no good deals and amazon is currently sold out.
You could order it from gamestop.com using code "IGNFTW" which will give you an $8 discount, but they add tax and shipping takes up to 1 week so it comes out to around $80.

Reviews seem to be coming back good... Especially since this isn't a "game" in the traditional sense... I would have bought this week if it hadn't been for me forgetting the damn cable bill last month... So I have to wait for the next payday. Doesn't seem like I missed any killer deals, anyway, so that's good...

The setlist is a little underwhelming, but they focused on good "trainer" songs and some up and coming acts for the younger set. I think DLC will be the real jewel of this game.

I keep wondering, since it's UbiSoft, if the damn thing will be $20 on Black Friday. You know how Ubi drops their games quick as hell..

Yeah, $80 is just too much for me. I will hold out till black friday if I have to. I'm hoping to find it for $40-50 withen a month.

I like the track list. It has a few grunge songs, black keys, stones, queens of the stoned age, STP, tom petty. I'm personally liking the track list because it shows they have huge potential for DLC. I've had an 360 for 5 years and have only had 3200 mp. But I would buy a 4000 point card the day a beggars banquet DLC came out.

I'm dying to get this "game"...but I'm also having a hard time with the $80 price... Black Friday is so close and I have Arkham City to keep me occupied till then, so let's hope for a good deal by then!

I finally just couldn't wait to get it when I saw a friend on my list with it. It is freaking amazing!!! Probably not be great for someone who was REALLY good at guitar, but it's taught me more about playing in 6 hours than 6 months of lessons did...

I was a little concerned about the setlist, but I have really enjoyed the songs it's thrown at me, regardless of the not being something that I'd normally listen to sometimes.

The mini-games are great.

I HIGHLY recommend this if you want to play guitar or want to learn more. I'd love to get my wife to try it. I'd just like to see if someone that had never strummed a note on a guitar would be able to learn from it.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I finally just couldn't wait to get it when I saw a friend on my list with it. It is freaking amazing!!! Probably not be great for someone who was REALLY good at guitar, but it's taught me more about playing in 6 hours than 6 months of lessons did...

I was a little concerned about the setlist, but I have really enjoyed the songs it's thrown at me, regardless of the not being something that I'd normally listen to sometimes.

The mini-games are great.

I HIGHLY recommend this if you want to play guitar or want to learn more. I'd love to get my wife to try it. I'd just like to see if someone that had never strummed a note on a guitar would be able to learn from it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm an Intermediate player, so I want it more as a fun way to practice when I don't feel like doing scales, and progressions. Seems like great motivation for a new player to put in hours.

One thing I would warn you about though, Learning songs right off the bat can form the habit of playing with the face of your finger instead of the tip of them. Try to get your fingers 90 degrees from fret board, because it takes forever to "Un"Learn the habit (I know it did for me).

[quote name='An J0e']Yeah, $80 is just too much for me. I will hold out till black friday if I have to. I'm hoping to find it for $40-50 withen a month.

I like the track list. It has a few grunge songs, black keys, stones, queens of the stoned age, STP, tom petty. I'm personally liking the track list because it shows they have huge potential for DLC. I've had an 360 for 5 years and have only had 3200 mp. But I would buy a 4000 point card the day a beggars banquet DLC came out.[/QUOTE]

I ended up dipping into my Saints Row 3 GS credit to pick it up, and I don't regret it.

Unfortunately I sold my good guitar a few months ago ($1000 was too tempting to pass up for something I paid $100 for), so I'm stuck using my beat-up $20 Karera STC-33.

[quote name='An J0e']
One thing I would warn you about though, Learning songs right off the bat can form the habit of playing with the face of your finger instead of the tip of them. Try to get your fingers 90 degrees from fret board, because it takes forever to "Un"Learn the habit (I know it did for me).[/QUOTE]

I still fall into that trap. I try to catch myself when I do. I figure that I'll never be competing with Steve Vai, so I'm probably OK ;)

bread's done
Back