Rockstar Games Collection: Edition 1 out 11/6 $59.99

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
15 bucks a game isn't bad, but it's missing all that extra stuff as was mentioned. even getting this cheap it's not complete. Not bad for beginners though (If anyone hasn't played this stuff)

Maybe a ploy to get more DLC sales?

Not a huge deal at $15 per game for vanilla versions, but if this ever hits $20, it would be a steal for anyone who doesn't have them already and doesn't care for the dlc.

Wondering what will be in edition 2. And then there will later be a collection of collection edition 1 and 2 combined, etc....

No Wild Metal?!

Anyway, aren't these cheaper individually? I guess they're going by Gamestop's prices. Not bad if you're a collector with money.

This would work for me if there was an actual physical expansion disc of L.A. Noire's DLC for the PS3. I already have GTA IV and the vanilla version of L.A. Noire. That leaves me to search for the Undead Nightmare expansion disc in a perfect world.

I bet they figured that anybody who ever wanted to play GTA IV has already done so. I mean it did sell over 20 million copies after all :applause:

This is a decent deal for people who haven't played these I guess.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Manhunt was the shit its my fav rockstar game[/QUOTE]

Mine too. I think I even still have the shirt that came with it packed away someplace. Didnt care much for Manhunt 2 though.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']No Bully?[/QUOTE]

Since the name of the collection is Rockstar Games Collection: Edition 1, maybe there a chance Edition 2 will have it...then again it's not multi platform so I doubt it.

[quote name='musha666']No Manhunt!?[/QUOTE]

Such a awesome game. I'd like to see a remake next gen.
Too bad the second one ended up meh and took forever to come out. That was a mess.

I'm loving this value pack of real solid games idea. 1 good idea 2 devalues the single versions retail. I'm going to sweep on in at rockbottom prices

Guys I don't want to be mean but the game will cost $60, and the title says $59.99, so what is the deal? 1 cent? ):

On topic, I think it should be $40 not $60.

[quote name='Desousa93']I'm loving this value pack of real solid games idea. 1 good idea 2 devalues the single versions retail. I'm going to sweep on in at rockbottom prices[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want to see the complete/GOTY edition of Red Dead Redemption for $20 on Amazon/NewEgg. That's the only one I'm missing. I'm pissed about the packaging for LA Noire Complete though.

p.s. I don't think this really belongs in the deals forum.

I wonder what edition 2, 3, etc. will look like?

I'd like for PS3 as well as 360 a collection that consists of in any order:
Table Tennis
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Grand Theft Auto 4
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

(I know these might never happen, but still hoping.)
L.A. Noire DLC Expansion disc
Grand Theft Auto 3 HD
Grand Theft Auto Vice City HD
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas HD

Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars HD (DS version in HD for Wii U and PSP version in HD for everyone else.)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories HD
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories HD
Max Payne 3

Meh...I was hoping for an HD collection of older games. I already have most of these games. Still waiting for a GTA HD collection.

This seems like a very strange pick of games. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, but no GTA4? Complete version of Midnight Club LA but not LA Noire? This is even screwier than the Mass Effect collection.

Just suggesting, not complaining (really), but would it make sense to have one central thread of games coming out that are "value packs" or "hard to find at MSRP" in one spot? I just mention it because there have been quite a few of these threads that technically aren't deals/sales and it's been clogging up the board a little imo.

Don't flame me please, I'm not trying to be a thread Nazi, just thinking out loud.

Just suggesting, not complaining (really), but would it make sense to have one central thread of games coming out that are "value packs" or "hard to find at MSRP" in one spot? I just mention it because there have been quite a few of these threads that technically aren't deals/sales and it's been clogging up the board a little imo.

Don't flame me please, I'm not trying to be a thread Nazi, just thinking out loud.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Just woke up. Misread that as Rocksteady. :drool: I'm not buying it unless its Rocksteady.[/QUOTE]

You should be a PC gamer. Amazon had Batman AA GOTY + Batman AC for $9.99 last week.

This seems like a very strange pick of games. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, but no GTA4? Complete version of Midnight Club LA but not LA Noire?

Yeah, it's almost as if they want people to go out and buy GTA 4 and LA Noire DLC so they get the full story . . . . .

[quote name='chriscolbert']This would be a steal if it was the GOTY/complete editions of every game, but it appears as though they thought the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed when figuring that out...

Saw this in target today. It was in target's locked cases, so I couldn't get a full look at it but It appears that each game has its own separate case with standard cover art and with a cardstock slipcase holding all four games. So if there a games in this set you don't want/already have, you could easily trade/sell/give as gifts the games you didn't want.

For volume 2 I would like to have

The Warriors HD
Bully Scholarship Edition HD
Gta 3 HD
Gta Vice City HD
Gta San Andreas HD
Max Payne HD
Manhunt HD
Just to mention a few awesome games

[quote name='K_G']Saw this in target today. It was in target's locked cases, so I couldn't get a full look at it but It appears that each game has its own separate case with standard cover art and with a cardstock slipcase holding all four games. So if there a games in this set you don't want/already have, you could easily trade/sell/give as gifts the games you didn't want.[/QUOTE]

Thats weird. Yup it is indeed packaged as 4 regular boxes together in a cardboard sleave. Sucks, because I was hoping to pick this up when it got cheap to save shelf space in my collection and sell off the originals. Anyone new to these might as well pick up the complete editions of each title separately used or on sale cheap.

herosmallcomp_rockstar_games_collection_small_v6.3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaboWabo']Thats weird. Is this really packaged as 4 regular boxes togther? I was hoping to pick this up when it got cheap to save shelf space in my collection and sell off the originals.

herosmallcomp_rockstar_games_collection_small_v6.3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's just four games in there greatest hit boxes (red boxes for ps3) packed in a cardboard holder. Pretty lame if you already have the originals. Don't let the pic fool you it definitely has red boxes.

[quote name='Draknight']Yeah it's just four games in there greatest hit boxes (red boxes for ps3) packed in a cardboard holder. Pretty lame if you already have the originals. Don't let the pic fool you it definitely has red boxes.[/QUOTE]
I saw it at BB this past week and I dont think all of them are red GHs. If I recall correctly, LA Noire wasnt.

bread's done
Back