Rockstar Responds to Protesters - Swats Them Like Flies!

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
I couldve posted this in Cheapy's rant... or in the Jack Thompson thread....

but i thought this was worth a thread in itself as it notes Rockstars perspective on having hundreds of people standing on Broadway demaning that they hault production on Bully........

check out rockstar's website and notice the little FlySwatter flash mechanic....

----> http://www.rockstargames.com/

needless to say... this little "wink" about the whole situation wasnt on their site yesterday... but today.... its there.

Am i crazy?

Is this little commentary directed in repsonse to the whole situation?

what do you think?

Here's a pic...

RSSWATFLIES.jpg

I thought it was going to be an actual press release :sad:. Something along the lines of a middle finger in a certain position, or calling them pussies would elicit a hardy laugh from me.

Reality's Fringe said:
I thought it was going to be an actual press release :sad:. Something along the lines of a middle finger in a certain position, or claling them pussies would elicit a hardy laugh from me.
Same here.

Damn liberals.

Reality's Fringe said:
.....Something along the lines of a middle finger in a certain position, or claling them pussies would elicit a hardy laugh from me.

i think that's exactly the point of the little applet...

it's right along the lines of a big middle finger out the window

[quote name='CheapyD']I don't see it![/QUOTE]
refresh the page a few times...

its on the main page.

you'll see a green fly swatter dangling from the lower right hand side of the screen...

turn the sound up and listen for the flies buzzing...

keep refreshing.

[quote name='joystickz']i think that's exactly the point of the little applet...

it's right along the lines of a big middle finger out the window[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, but I meant bluntly stating it in a press release:

"We at Rockstar feel that the members of Peaceaholics are a bunch of pussy-ass virgins. We feel that while we were partly at fault for the whole Hot Coffee problem, the Peaceaholics are cause for more concern due to their lame-ass name which, in a roundabout way, resembles "Hulkamaniacs" thereby doing "Hulkimania" and general badassery a disservice. So, in short, how about you all tongue a ring around our dirty, dirty assholes. Thank you."

Something along those lines, but more witty.

you know what... maybe i'm crazy....

for all i know... they couldve had this on there for years....

either way...
they win again ......DAMMNIT!

look at all the attention i just gave them....

*sigh*

Refresh the page once and there is a trash can that says don't click. Click that and then it will flash a jolly roger. then the fly swatter will appear. If those who don't see it.

lol, i just got a free screensaver too! thanks op! rockstar has some pretty funny stuff on there if you keep reloading the page. :D

EDIT: so far i've found the RLO (rockstar light orchestra), fortune cookie, fly swatter, rolling dice, alarm clock/magic ball, billiard balls, pill, , spray paint, shooting target, clouds/t-shirt iron-ons and a "don't click here" button LOL! rockstar has a really fun website :D

I don't think it has anything to do with protestors, at all. It's just one of the dozen or so "mini games" that you can get by constantly refreshing. I've gotten 2 types of pills, dice, spray paint, shooting a guy with a gun, RLO, these push button things, etc.

I think we can file this one under overreactive emagination. ;)

[quote name='evilmax17']

I think we can file this one under overreactive emagination. ;)[/QUOTE]

well...

ya visit the site the day of a protest and see nothing.

ya visit it the day after.... it seemed like a response....

whatever it is....

its there.

These are fun little Easter eggs. I also got an iron-on decal thing, three pool balls, bad fortune cookie, and other stuff. Very nice.

bread's done
Back