Rogers June Promos; T2G1F for RDR, PoP, Transformers, Alpha Protocol + More!

game_fanatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Copied + pasted from RFD; credit to CelicaGT-S

Trade 2 get One of these free:

- Red Dead Redemption
- UFC 2010
- Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands
- Lost Planet 2
- Alpha Protocol
- Transformers - War for Cybertron

Here's the list for the eligible titles:
http://www.rogersplus.com/games/gamestradein_eligible_titles.asp

3 for $22 on all used games priced $9.99

50% off all New & Used PS2 & PSP Games

Used Games Sale:

- $39.99 for God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield Bad Company 2

- $29.99 for Darksiders, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2

Some gemmsssss on the T2 list, including Gears of War 2, Halo Wars (I bought a copy off of Amazon.ca for $19.96) and Fable 2!

Changelog:

Added: Metro 2033, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Dragon Age: Origins, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (!?), Demon's Souls

Removed: Darksiders, Heavenly Sword, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 (??)

I was in Rogers several times in May and there was never any indication anywhere that the PS2 and PSP games were 50% off. Why even bother having the sale if nobody will know about it? Presumably they're doing it to clear out stock...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao I don't think they are actually taking back MW1 are they?

1. Taxes extra. All release dates subject to change. Taxes extra. Selection and platform availability may vary by store. Pricing in effect from June 1 - June 30, 2010. 2. Trade 2 Get it Free offers subject to the terms and conditions of Games Trade In as posted in-store. Offer valid one time only per member account. Games must be in working condition, include boxes and instructions and are subject to in-store visual inspection. Damaged games may not be eligible for promotions and trade in credit may be adjusted based on in-store visual assessment. No duplicate titles will be accepted. Offers subject to change without notice. See staff for details.

So you can only do the T2 offer once, ever?

Not sure about that one per member. That is a new restriction that wasn't in effect last month. I've done 2 T2 in the same transaction in May (4 different games towards 2 of the same game).

I have all I want from that list, but I'm tempted to do it just because they're taking in freaking Prototype. What odd lists that they have sometimes.

[quote name='homiebear']Lmao I don't think they are actually taking back MW1 are they?

1. Taxes extra. All release dates subject to change. Taxes extra. Selection and platform availability may vary by store. Pricing in effect from June 1 - June 30, 2010. 2. Trade 2 Get it Free offers subject to the terms and conditions of Games Trade In as posted in-store. Offer valid one time only per member account. Games must be in working condition, include boxes and instructions and are subject to in-store visual inspection. Damaged games may not be eligible for promotions and trade in credit may be adjusted based on in-store visual assessment. No duplicate titles will be accepted. Offers subject to change without notice. See staff for details.

So you can only do the T2 offer once, ever?[/QUOTE]

Not "ever", based on the wording.

I mean, I'm not a lawyer but based on what it says, you can only do one offer per month per member account but since the games they offer and will accept for trade-in for the promotion changes each month, it becomes a entirely new offer.

Anybody know what this $20 booklet is that Rogers is offering? I'm not sure if it's game related or not, but it looks like it could be a hot deal.

What are two cheap games on that list and where can I get them? Im looking at getting transformers but i might use 3 turds at EB for the GG protection.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know what this $20 booklet is that Rogers is offering? I'm not sure if it's game related or not, but it looks like it could be a hot deal.[/QUOTE]

Mostly free rentals.. no gaming related stuff.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Taxes extra? I didn't have to pay anything when I traded in last month.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's new.. not sure if they will actually charge taxes now. They shouldn't, since any trade in reduces the taxable amount on the same transaction.

[quote name='Opopanax']Prototype is around $24 new at EB, used I think is around $19[/QUOTE]

I think the price went up if you're thinking about sale they had a couple of months ago.

gears of war 2 is $19.99 at my local blockbuster

and yea. I just checked the eb games site and prototype indeed has gone back up to $29.99 new and $24.99 used

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know what this $20 booklet is that Rogers is offering? I'm not sure if it's game related or not, but it looks like it could be a hot deal.[/QUOTE]

It has 5 new release movie (includes blu-rays) or game rentals, 5 seven day movie rentals (includes blu-rays). 1 bag of rogers branded popcorn, 2 "buy one get one free previously viewed DVD's", 2 free upgrade to "no late fees" movie option. Also on the back page it has a coupon for a $50 gift card if you activate a voice, data or voice/data device on a three year contract. This includes adding data if upgrading to a smartphone as far as I am aware.

Thanks, magiic. Been looking for a easy way to get game rentals and I may have to check that out. Most places in town charge $10 for a game rental for a week. Which is absurd.

Also, I stopped by a Rogers today to check out their PSP/PS2 selection. Pretty slim, but I did manage to pick up a copy of GOD HAND for $5. Obviously hugely YMMV on that one, but you can probably find any games like Jak, Sly, or Ratchet for less than $10.

But I did see Gran Turismo and LittleBigPlanet for PSP there. Since it's half off, both were $20. Star Ocean: Second Evolution was $17. LocoRoco 2 for $5 as well.

Traded COD4 & GOW2 for Red Dead Redemption. Thanks for the heads up!

My first time trading-in at Rogers -- I had to pay an extra $7-ish because my trade-ins apparently weren't "mint" condition, though. Is that typical?

Yes they typically dock you 10% of the bumped up value if there are scratches (and they are very very picky compare to other stores) or missing english manual.

bread's done
Back