Rogers May Promos-Trade 2 for Mario/Lost Planet/Red Dead/UFC 10

[quote name='TripleQ']Are you sure you weren't looking at gamestop.com? I see gamestop.ca showing it as $59.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah I was just about to post, it's $59.99 on their website.[/QUOTE]I got an email from:

Sent: May 13, 2010 10:10:55 AM

...in that email it was telling me to pre-order Split Second for $59.99, Alan Wake for $69.99, Prince of Persia for $59.99, Lost Planet 2 for $64.99, Skate 3 for $69.99, Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $49.99, Red Dead Redemption for $59.99, UFC 2010 for $64.99, and Mod Nation Racers for $59.99.

It must have been a typo, I guess.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Hmm, if I have to go into their actual store to get that price I won't bother, costs me like $5.50 to get there and back on public transportation.[/QUOTE]In the email, when I clicked on the $49.99, it took me to the SMG2 page on their site and had it listed at $59.99. That wouldn't be the first typo they've made!

It's a big risk going to Rogers for SMG2. You know how these Mario games sell out on Day One. I'm going to give them Heavenly Sword and Super Smash Brothers Brawl on the 23rd and I had better be at the door 10 A.M. sharp. I had better keep my SMG2 reservation at EB just in case.

As for Red Dead, I'm going to do that deal at either Future Shop or Best Buy. They will get two of either Super Mario Galaxy, Dante's Inferno or Super Street Fighter IV.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Well I pre-ordered Galaxy 2 at Rogers so I should be good. I'll show up at opening time to be safe I guess, it's only a 10 minute walk from my house.[/QUOTE]

How were you able to pre-order SMG2? The clerk at my Rogers wouldn't let me pre-order the game because I was going to use their trade-in deal. It would be nice if they would hold a copy for me. I want to get it first thing Sunday morning.

Just pre-order it by putting $5 down. Then when it's in, go do the trade for it and get your $5 refunded. I've done this many times.

[quote name='TripleQ']Just pre-order it by putting $5 down. Then when it's in, go do the trade for it and get your $5 refunded. I've done this many times.[/QUOTE]

Well, the clerk could have told me that. He claimed that this Rogers goes by the first-come-first-serve policy.

I'll go back this Sunday and try to reserve a copy. If not, there are two other Rogers near my home I can go to.

lustyhitter: back in the fall, I wanted to pre-order Assassin's Creed 2 for one of these deals, and the guy at Rogers in Kanata said you can only pre-order up until two weeks prior to the game's release, so that may be why you're hitting that problem.

The guy was nice enough to let me reserve one of the non-pre-order copies anyway. However, they already had the physical copies in-store and he put one aside for me; I don't know if they can do that if they don't already have copies in.

[quote name='lustyhitter']How were you able to pre-order SMG2? The clerk at my Rogers wouldn't let me pre-order the game because I was going to use their trade-in deal. It would be nice if they would hold a copy for me. I want to get it first thing Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]
Well I just asked the lady, if I pre-order the game and then do the trade 2 will I get my $5 back? She said yes, so I said cool I'll pre-order.

Wow, I went back to rogers and asked them to switch my Galaxy pre-order into a RDR pre-order. The employee AND his boss both stumbled their way through the process together on the computer for literally 7-10 minutes, at which point I realized they had just completed the cancellation part only. After another 2 or 3 minutes they gave me a new receipt for RDR. At first the guy didn't know if he could let me pre-order RDR because they had already received their shipment of it, but I guess it worked out.

I've got Fable 2 I can part with for RDR but nothing else. Anyone know of any cheap games anywhere I could get?

Thanks I actually found Dirt 2 there for $13. Bought it for 360 as they had a bunch so no one get mad at me lol.

Do the roger's eligible games lists change periodically throughout the month or are they pretty much set in stone until the 31st? I dont want to pick up Fable 2 for instance and in a week when i go for Galaxy 2 it's no longer eligible.

I would have done it as a preorder but i called yesterday and they said it was too late.

I asked to trade in fable 2 and halo wars at the beginning of the month for a full pre-order on RDR
she said I couldnt do that
I told her the same reason you said
and she said dont worry, we dont change the list thruout the month
once its printed, its good til the expirary

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Wow, I went back to rogers and asked them to switch my Galaxy pre-order into a RDR pre-order. The employee AND his boss both stumbled their way through the process together on the computer for literally 7-10 minutes, at which point I realized they had just completed the cancellation part only. After another 2 or 3 minutes they gave me a new receipt for RDR. At first the guy didn't know if he could let me pre-order RDR because they had already received their shipment of it, but I guess it worked out.[/QUOTE]

There is no official written process for doing that which is why they probably spent a good amount of time just clicking links trying to assess how to best approach the situation. The system for pre-order management is pretty archaic. They're still relatively new to the pre-order game. Im sure (atleast I hope) the process for it all gets better fleshed out in the future.

Thanks for the info magiic.

Hey guys, the Batman listed in the Rogers deal is the original version right? It doesn't have to be the deluxe rerelease? I've been counting on trading mine in today. Going to show up at 10AM.

Just got back, wow it took the manager 12 minutes to complete my transaction. I timed it! Time to saddle up!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If nothing else, you should be able to find Marvel UA 2 and Prototype used (among others) for $25 at BB or FS which would save you $10 off the game.

I had Fable II to trade in, picked up Marvel UA 2 at BB for $25 to have two to trade. Going to pick up my copy of RDR on PS3 this afternoon. The multi-player looks really interesting.

Gah, I only have enough games to trade in for one game, RDR or Mario Galaxy 2? Both look amazing. I have no idea which one to get... :(

You have to be a Rogers Star Rewards member to get this to work? The store made me sign up for it and pay an extra $10! He said it was chain wide but I have my doubts. Can anybody confirm this?

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']You have to be a Rogers Star Rewards member to get this to work? The store made me sign up for it and pay an extra $10! He said it was chain wide but I have my doubts. Can anybody confirm this?[/QUOTE]

All trades require you to be a Star Rewards member, as far as I know. I know I had to sign up.

Well that sucks. I never go to Rogers or rent anything, like ever. Added $10 to the price, not much of a deal anymore.

Maybe could the OP update the post to indicate that?

I was going to get this through Rogers and GG my EB copy BUT damn the EB copy is way too nice to take back. Going to hold onto the EB copy and use my games towards UFC 2010.

yea, just went to rogers for an RDR trade, i was quite upset when I was told that I needed a rewards program thingy to trade in games
'officially' my girlfriend did the trade, but since she doesnt drive, I had to make a rewards thingy on my account
but he told me when me and my friend go later on for ufc (each) we can both use my card for the trade ins

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']You have to be a Rogers Star Rewards member to get this to work? The store made me sign up for it and pay an extra $10! He said it was chain wide but I have my doubts. Can anybody confirm this?[/QUOTE]

Yep, you have to be a member... But you do rack up Star Rewards points when you trade games in.

For every 10 points you have, you get a free game or movie rental. And I think that for each game that you trade in, you get 3 points on it or something like that.

I got 8 pts for my trade 2, was already a member. I signed up for the membership a few months ago because at the time I was renting a $9 game and they told me the membership costs $10 but comes with a free rental and then they email you a second free rental. Got something like 26 reward points now, at 20 points they say you can get $10 off a movie purchase. The best point usage value would be renting 7 day games at 10 pts each, I figure.

[quote name='Pajo']I asked to trade in fable 2 and halo wars at the beginning of the month for a full pre-order on RDR
she said I couldnt do that
I told her the same reason you said
and she said dont worry, we dont change the list thruout the month
once its printed, its good til the expirary[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info. Gears 2 and halo wars were 20 each at bbv. Got red dead so far and galaxy 2 is only 4 days away.

[quote name='Rabid']Thank you for the info. Gears 2 and halo wars were 20 each at bbv. Got red dead so far and galaxy 2 is only 4 days away.[/QUOTE]
Really? Both were $30 at my local BB.

Good tip.

Assassin's Creed 2 will be $19.99 at Best Buy so if you're looking for a cheap game on the list to pair with another, here's a good one.

With the strong reviews so far for UFC Undisputed 2010, I might have to find a couple of games for it.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Assassin's Creed 2 will be $19.99 at Best Buy so if you're looking for a cheap game on the list to pair with another, here's a good one.

With the strong reviews so far for UFC Undisputed 2010, I might have to find a couple of games for it.[/QUOTE]
I don't see ACII on the list though...?

[quote name='lustyhitter']^ I thought it was listed. Oh, well.[/QUOTE]
I thought the same thing as soon as I saw ACII for $20 but no such luck.

Actually, I might as well tell you all a secret. At Future Shop, when I traded 2 games for Red Dead Redemption, one of the games I used wasn't even listed among their eligible titles. I used Heavenly Sword and it qualified. If the game has the required $10 TIV at FS, it will qualify there. In fact, I used 2 2007 games (SMG was the other) to acquire RDR and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Blu-Ray.

Sadly, I have no games left to trade for UFC 2010.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Actually, I might as well tell you all a secret. At Future Shop, when I traded 2 games for Red Dead Redemption, one of the games I used wasn't even listed among their eligible titles. I used Heavenly Sword and it qualified. If the game has the required $10 TIV at FS, it will qualify there. In fact, I used 2 2007 games (SMG was the other) to acquire RDR and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Blu-Ray.

Sadly, I have no games left to trade for UFC 2010.[/QUOTE]
Nice info, thanks.

Heavenly Sword is only $17.99 used at EB and you may be able to find Dirt 2 for $12.99 at BBV. New it's only $19.99 at BBV. The TIV for Dirt 2 is over $10 for sure and as you say, HS is over $10 TIV. So that's either $30.98 or $37.98 which is a good deal either way for a brand new $60 title.

Both games are on the Rogers Plus list as well by the way. :)

Anyway, happy hunting.

Edit: Another one on the Rogers list, Prototype is on sale for $19.95 at BB. Pricematch to FS ($39.99) and get it for $17.95.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know if the non-gold version of resident evil 5 will work? i've got an old unopened copy lying around I want to get rid of with another qualifying game for RDR. figure that its been unopened for this long that its going to stay that way, and if i ever do want to play it, i might be better off waiting for the gold edition to go on sale or something.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Actually, I might as well tell you all a secret. At Future Shop, when I traded 2 games for Red Dead Redemption, one of the games I used wasn't even listed among their eligible titles. I used Heavenly Sword and it qualified. If the game has the required $10 TIV at FS, it will qualify there. In fact, I used 2 2007 games (SMG was the other) to acquire RDR and The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Blu-Ray.

Sadly, I have no games left to trade for UFC 2010.[/QUOTE]

YMMV, depends on what rep you get. Some are more slack and will let you trade in any game with the required TIV. Otherwise will go by the list and will refuse any game not on it.

I was somewhat surprised to find Super Mario Galaxy 2 in stock a few hours after opening at a Rogers Plus here in Toronto.

I'm a little curious though, did I really need to join the Star Rewards program to trade in my games? I mean, it's not such a big deal because thanks to the promotion they're currently running I ended up 1 point away from getting 10 bucks off my next purchase, so I'm basically getting my money back, but I hadn't heard about needing the membership for that reason.

[quote name='JGonspy']I was somewhat surprised to find Super Mario Galaxy 2 in stock a few hours after opening at a Rogers Plus here in Toronto.

I'm a little curious though, did I really need to join the Star Rewards program to trade in my games? I mean, it's not such a big deal because thanks to the promotion they're currently running I ended up 1 point away from getting 10 bucks off my next purchase, so I'm basically getting my money back, but I hadn't heard about needing the membership for that reason.[/QUOTE]
I had the same question, yes you do need to be a member.

I was too impatient to do a trade 2 deal and caved the first time I saw the Mario Galaxy 2 box.

O'well, if I"m going to pay $60 for a game, let it be for a kickass Mario game.

Got myself a copy of UFC 2010 for the PS3 this afternoon for Heavenly Sword and Need for Speed Shift.

I didn't know the PS3 version had extra stuff that the 360 version didn't. This seems to be the common thing to do lately.

bread's done
Back