Rogers Plus B1G1 $9.99 or less

daisil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know there's not a lot of rogers plus stores left that even sell games, but the one here in Oromocto, NB had this on.

Picked up:
Dead to Rights Retribution (360)
Enslaved (360)
Nier (360)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii)

Used 20 points and got $10 off, so only paid a little over $11 for them.
8)

http://www.rogersplus.ca/games/promotions_promos.asp

There's that as well that I noticed just in case the Rogers Plus was YMMV, as it may be.

$99.99 for a wii, looks like your choice of game. So could be a $50 and $50 for the wii which would be REALLY good.

Cheers

[quote name='daisil']I know there's not a lot of rogers plus stores left that even sell games, but the one here in Oromocto, NB had this on.

Picked up:
Dead to Rights Retribution (360)
Enslaved (360)
Nier (360)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii)

Used 20 points and got $10 off, so only paid a little over $11 for them.
8)

http://www.rogersplus.ca/games/promotions_promos.asp

There's that as well that I noticed just in case the Rogers Plus was YMMV, as it may be.

$99.99 for a wii, looks like your choice of game. So could be a $50 and $50 for the wii which would be REALLY good.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Where was this? I tried to verify with Rogers on 10th Line here in Ottawa and they said they had not started a promotion like this as of yesterday.

I said above, Oromocto, New Brunswick. Perhaps it is YMMV then. I didn't check the Fredericton one because they don't carry games anymore.

[quote name='daisil']I said above, Oromocto, New Brunswick. Perhaps it is YMMV then. I didn't check the Fredericton one because they don't carry games anymore.[/QUOTE]

You did say, sorry about that. I usually assume this stuff is chain-wide. It has been hard to score a good deal lately between all the YMMV and hoarders.

[quote name='daisil']I said above, Oromocto, New Brunswick. Perhaps it is YMMV then. I didn't check the Fredericton one because they don't carry games anymore.[/QUOTE]

They don't? I saw pre-played games for sale there last week. Mind you, even their pre-played price tends to be higher than new at wal-mart or gamestop.

Semi-old thread, but what exactly happened to Rogers? I went in there for the first time in a long time a few weeks back and the store was basically empty as far as games go. BBV's are getting closed down. Where the hell do I rent games these days?

/\/\/\ A mail service like GameAccess or a small local rental place seem like the only option if your local BBV and Rogers are not renting games. In Red Deer, AB, the Rogers are still renting games, but they seem to be getting out of the new/used sales side of the business. My guess is they couldn't compete with EB, some of their deals and trade values were ripe for abuse.

Rogers video liquidated a lot of their stock at Christmas. Their video rental store has over halved all their stock, and seem to mostly be dealing with cable and cell phones. Soon rogers video will be demoted to rogers cable/cell kiosks only at the rate they're going.

I haven't been in a Rogers store since maybe early this year or late last year so I wouldn't know how it currently looks. But with all the Blockbuster going out of business all some people have left is the Rogers Video Stores for those who do not use an online service to rent games or movies.

It would be nice if Red Box would come into Canada fully for those who do not want to use an online rental method. At least in the U.S. they have the Red Box option but here you are pretty much out of luck.

I should actually check out my local Rogers sometime to see how it has changed. Last time it seemed the way it always was.

Edit: I actually meant the Zip.ca kiosk boxes but there is none around me. I just checked their site and realized there is now a few in Mississauga and other cities.

bread's done
Back