Rogers Plus, get 3 "$19.99 or less" used games for $25

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!
A lot of junk, but some locations still have a few of the >$8 EB TIV games though. There are some decent games for the library as well that I saw too depending on what you like. Anyway, just a heads up for fellow CAG's before all the RFD'ers pick all the Rogers Plus locations clean (if they haven't already).

[quote name='magiic']I picked up some decent stuff from my store yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow you're back.

According to RFD one guy picked over all the GVR RP's already.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Holy cow you're back.

According to RFD one guy picked over all the GVR RP's already.[/QUOTE]

I never really left. I just stopped posting. I've been lurking for awhile.

Most of the titles available through this deal are pretty horrible but if you're looking for some EB qualifiers there is a ton of great stuff out there.

I did an EB T3 yesterday but if I wanted to I could have done about 6 of them with the amount of games that were available.

Here's a list of the current EB qualifiers that are available through this promo:

Enchanted Arms (PS3)
Fight Night Round 4 (PS3 + 360)
Star Wars Elite Squadron Battlefront (DS)
Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince (PS3 + 360)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (360)
Eternal Sonata (360)
Transformers Movie: The Game (Wii)
Spyro DOTD (Wii)
Wario Master of Disguise (DS)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)

I thought about heading out to a Rogers but I'm not really close to any locations, and being in TO puts me in Hoarder Central. Oh well, I have too many games to play anyways.

I found three more qualifiers today (I was pretty surprised to find anything left) and did a T3F1 at EB on a preorder of Fallout New Vegas for PS3. That's one I'm going to want to play right away for sure.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 360
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 360
Bakugan Battle Brawlers - DS

Finding 3 games I'd actually want has been difficult. I found one store that had House Of The Dead 2 & 3 but nothing else. I really don't have any use for this sale as is. Nothing I want is coming until probably the last week of August when Mafia II and Metroid: The Other M are slated to release.

If they still have HotD 2&3, maybe I will buy it and two DS games for my niece and nephew. They are leaving in a couple of weeks for Brazil and are taking their DS Lites with them.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Finding 3 games I'd actually want has been difficult. I found one store that had House Of The Dead 2 & 3 but nothing else. I really don't have any use for this sale as is. Nothing I want is coming until probably the last week of August when Mafia II and Metroid: The Other M are slated to release.

If they still have HotD 2&3, maybe I will buy it and two DS games for my niece and nephew. They are leaving in a couple of weeks for Brazil and are taking their DS Lites with them.[/QUOTE]
The Rogers I was at had a ton of decent DS games (especially for kids) that could be had in the 3 for $25 promo. So anyone looking for DS games (to actually play, not just to trade in) might have more luck since I don't think that section is nearly as picked over as the 360/PS3/Wii sections are.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']The Rogers I was at had a ton of decent DS games (especially for kids) that could be had in the 3 for $25 promo. So anyone looking for DS games (to actually play, not just to trade in) might have more luck since I don't think that section is nearly as picked over as the 360/PS3/Wii sections are.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I sometimes forget that my kids don't care if the game sucks or not. Other than Mario Kart DS, most of the games they play are shovelware.

There might be something there for people looking to do a T3 at EB but again, nothing is coming out that warrants me looking for 3 games with an $8 TIV other than Tiger Woods and I already have 3 games at the ready for that. I might get lucky tomorrow and use 2 games at FS.

Swung by an RP today: I would've been content with 3 games that were a combination of play/trade, but even that wasn't possible. Guess the guy who cleaned them all out was telling the truth.

[quote name='daisil']Did they put this on their website at all? I've been waiting for something like this to come along.[/QUOTE]
Good question, I don't think so.

One of the RP stores I went to last Thursday actually argued with me that there wasn't a promo on like that, until they scanned the games in and they came up as 3 for $20 that is.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Good question, I don't think so.

One of the RP stores I went to last Thursday actually argued with me that there wasn't a promo on like that, until they scanned the games in and they came up as 3 for $20 that is.[/QUOTE]

That is always aggravating.

One thing I've found over the years is that I generally know more than store clerks at all game and electronics places I frequent. I've learned to just ignore what they say most of the time. There are always exceptions to every rule though of course.

Must be like the old days when 2 for $40 wasn't advertised in flyers either. They'd put it up for a week or two and it'd be over.

Im pretty sure the three for $25 is in the ePlus flyer. There is supposed to be in-store merchandising/signs for it.

Went into one of the Rogers in my area today, and they had zero games marked at $19.99 (PS3) and no signs anywhere saying the deal was on. This place is usually a goldmine and never gets picked clean. They had TONS of new releases and not much else.

Check 2 Rogers here in Winnipeg last week and all I found was Banjo Nuts and Bolts and nothing else. It especially sucks since the other two Rogers I usually go to both closed down. :/

The Ogilvie location in Ottawa has about 1000 games in their 3 for $25 deal including tons of good titles still left...

[quote name='lustyhitter']Finding 3 games I'd actually want has been difficult.[/QUOTE]

Most people use these sales to buy 3 games that have a trade in value of over $8 at EB Games, then do a trade 3 games to get a a new release free. So you end up getting a $60 game for $25.

bread's done
Back