Rogers Plus - Trade 2/3 Get 1 Free

craig64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I went into my local Roger's and they had a small pamphlet with game trade info that is supposedly starting tomorrow (June 23rd... may not be the same at all locations, may be a good idea to call and check?). I don't have a scanner, so I'm typing this all out.

Trade in any two of the following eligible titles and get Prototype (360 or PS3) free.

Trade in any 3 to get one of the following free:
UFC Undisputed (360/PS3)
Bionic Commando (360/PS3)
Fight Night Round 4 (360/PS3)
inFamous (PS3)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (360 is the only one shown)
Red Faction Guerrilla (360/PS3)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (360/PS3)
Xmen Origins Wolverine (PS3 only one shown)
Ghostbusters (360/PS3/Wii)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (360/PS3/Wii)
EA Active (Wii)

Eligible Titles:
50 Cent: Blood On The Sand (360/PS3)
Afro Samurai (360/PS3)
Rock Band 2 SW (360/PS3/Wii)
Dynasty Warriors 6 (360/PS3)
Fallout 3 (360/PS3)
Animal Crossing (Wii/DS)
Baja: Edge of Control (360/PS3)
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (360/PS3)
Call of Duty 4 (360/PS3)
Call of Duty W@W (360/PS3)
Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop (Wii)
Dead Space (360/PS3)
Excite Bots (Wii)
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard (360/PS3)
End War (360/PS3)
Fable 2 (360)
Far Cry 2 (360/PS3)
Fear 2 (360/PS3)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii)
Bioshock (360/PS3)
Gears of War (360)
Gears of War 2 (360)
Ghostbusters (360/PS3/Wii)
GTA Chinatown (DS)
GTA4 (360/PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)
Guitar Hero Metallica SW (360/PS3/Wii)
Halo 3 (360)
Halo Wars (360)
Hannah Montana The Movie (Wii/DS)
HAWX (360/PS3/Wii?)
X-Men Origins Wolverine (360/PS3/Wii)
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (360/PS3/Wii)
WWE Legends (360/PS3)
UP (360/PS3/DS/Wii)
Godfather 2 (360/PS3)
Terminator Salvation (360/PS3)
Street Fighter 4 (360/PS3)
The Wheelman (360/PS3)
Tomb Raider Underworld (360/PS3)
NHL 09 (360/PS3)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (360/PS3/Wii)
Stormrise (360/PS3)
Suikoden Tierkreis (DS)
Super Mario 64 (DS)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3/Wii)
Skate 2 (360/PS3)
Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection 2 (360/PS3)
Soul Calibur IV (360/PS3)
Sid Meier's Civilization (360/PS3)
Shaun White Snowboard (360/PS3/Wii)
Saints Row 2 (360/PS3)
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (360/PS3)
Monsters Vs Aliens (360/PS3/Wii/DS)
Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe (360)
Need For Speed Undercover (360/PS3/Wii)
MLB 09 (PS3)
Resistance 2 (PS3)
Red Faction Guerrilla (360/PS3)
Riddick Assault on Dark Athena (360/PS3)
Rise of the Argonauts (360/PS3)
Mario Kart (DS/Wii)
Mario & Sonic At the Olympics (DS/Wii)
Mario Party 8 (Wii)
Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)
Mario Super Sluggers (Wii)
Mad World (Wii)
LOTR Conquest (360/PS3)
Heavenly Sword (PS3)
MGS4 (PS3)
Chrono Trigger (DS)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Left 4 Dead (360)
Star Ocean Last Hope (360)
Uncharted Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Pokemon Pearl & Diamond & Platinum (DS)

Trade any of these games for $40 credit + 2 Star Rewards points:
UFC Undisputed 2009 (360/PS3)
Bionic Commando (360/PS3)
Red Faction Guerilla (360/PS3)
inFamous (PS3)
GH Smash Hits (360/PS3/Wii)
Conduit (Wii)
Godfather 2 (360/PS3)
Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3)
Terminator Salvation (360/PS3)
GH Metallica (360/PS3)
Halo Wars (360)
Killzone 2 (PS3)
Mario Kart (Wii)
Fallout 3 (360/PS3)
COD W@W (360/PS3)

Trade any of these games for $30 credit + 2 Star Rewards points:
MK Vs DC Universe (360/PS3)
Resistance 2 (PS3)
Fable 2 (360)
Mario Kart (DS)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
Mario Party 8 (Wii)
Little Big Planet (PS3)
Legends of Wrestlemania (360/PS3)
Halo 3 (360)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop (Wii)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Wanted: Weapons of Fate (360)
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
Ninja Blade (360)

And seeing as its thread died, a reminder that all previously owned games are B1G1 for another week. I went last night and there was some surprisingly good stuff. Got Lego Indy X360, Earth Defense Force X360, Final Fantasy III DS, and Tecmo Bowl DS for just over $30.

[quote name='Kekumba']And seeing as its thread died, a reminder that all previously owned games are B1G1 for another week. I went last night and there was some surprisingly good stuff. Got Lego Indy X360, Earth Defense Force X360, Final Fantasy III DS, and Tecmo Bowl DS for just over $30.[/QUOTE]
Should also note that this only applies to games that are $19.99 and under.

[quote name='Teddite']Should also note that this only applies to games that are $19.99 and under.[/QUOTE]

.....yeah, somehow forgot that. :roll:

I called the Rogers on Upper Middle and I was told someone messed something in the computer system and the Prototype deal won't be on until tomorrow.

EDIT: Also that you have to be a stars reward member to trade in games. It costs $10, which is not worth it to me since I don't go to Rogers.

Not sure if this was activated before but trade-ins are also being accepted in Edmonton. Stopped by a few stores today and noticed all of the new signage.

Got a email on this, I like how End War and Gears of War are eligible titles gonna see what I can flip em for

So, I went to Rogers in Guelph yesterday to try this out. The process was... bizarre. You need a star rewards card, TWO pieces of photo ID, and they record your HEIGHT and EYE COLOR! So that was weird.

I traded Animal Crossing DS and Gears of War 1 for Prototype, but they would not give me the game for free... their terminal auto adjusted the value of the games, but the auto adjustment only brought the values up to $66.xx, leaving me to pay about three bucks. Irritating, but it's not like I was going to get that much TIV for either of those games somewhere else, so I gave in.

I also tried bringing some games that have junk TIVS elsewhere to see what kind of values they have at Rogers. Beowulf was 25 cents, Ninety Nine Nights was 23 cents, Kane and Lynch was 6.75. So yeah, weird nubers, and no inflated TIVS like Future shop seemed to have in the early days.

I did the prototype deal twice. Once on Thursday and once on Friday.

The second time I did it, there were some scratches on the discs that they found and ended up charging me $7 for the game.

Also in Gueph :)

I got the second copy to sell or trade for Ghostbusters

Hmm....there is a sign outside my local rogers...
That whole eye colour and height thing is really creep though...
But if I can trade in Gears Of War and EndWar/Soul Calibur IV for Prototype, then I may just jump on that...

Did trade 3 at Rogers today, brought Far Cry 2, Gears of War 1 and End War, picked up Red Faction: Guerrilla, had to pay $2.64 for what ever reason Gears was only bumping up to $21 but wasn't a big deal for me, tried the Prototype Deal but there system wasn't bumping up the values, went to Ottawa and River Road location in Kitchener

And you also need 2 pieces photo ID, height, weight and, eye colour. Process is worth it just for all the awkward hilariousness.

The following things are all confirmed:

Yes, you need a Star Rewards card to trade in games. The card costs $10.00.

Yes, they ask your height (in cm), weight (in lbs), and eye colour! People are either going to find it funny, awkward, or just get plain angry with this process! Poor Rogers employees!

Yes, they also ask for 2 pieces of ID. They ask for your drivers license and "one other piece of ID". The funny thing is that they can't specify what other piece of ID they are looking for (legally). You have to show them something and they can say 'yes' or 'no' as to whether they accept it or not! Again, they are not legally allowed to ask for another certain piece of ID. Strange, but true apparently!

Yes, the computer/trade system is messed up. When I tried the trade 2 for Prototype, it said I owed $6.xx still. The guy said it must mean that I have to pay tax. Then I said "no, it's trade 2 games, get it free, not for $6.xx. So he just did a price override!

Yes, they check the following conditions of the game: if the manual is present, case/cover art are present, and if there are scratches on the disc. They charge (or deduct from the trade-in value) according to the condition.

Have fun! I was in there for about an hour after everything was finally finished.

[quote name='dtp11']
Have fun! I was in there for about an hour after everything was finally finished.[/QUOTE]

Oh God, it's Future Shop all over again. Maybe Walmart / Best Buy in the States have the right idea with the trade-in kiosks, probably cheaper than training a minimum wage employee to be efficient.

Side Note: Tried to do a trade in but they were sold out of Prototype... still took 10 min of waiting.

ok guys..so which games on this list is CHEAP at EBG or BBV???

i know shaun snowboarding is like 14.99 or less if u can get it at 50% off used sports game promo at BBV

GTI-Eligible-Titles-Page.jpg

[quote name='kleptodathief']ok guys..so which games on this list is CHEAP at EBG or BBV???

i know shaun snowboarding is like 14.99 or less if u can get it at 50% off used sports game promo at BBV
[/QUOTE]
We don't hoard here.
Can you at least speak proper english if you are going to be a douchebag?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Can you do it without a drivers license?
I'm too cool for one of those...[/QUOTE]

I think as long as one of your pieces of ID has your picture on it, you're fine. I used my passport for mine.

Rogers really have no choice since they are just complying with the different municipal laws in regards to trade-in. Apparently, all game trade-in places need to obtain a re-seller license similar to a pawnshop. Thus, it's more of a compliance to the rules than trying to make it hard on their customers.

I also heard EB is being investigated out west for failing to comply (they only check one ID instead of two).

Just bought Tiger Woods and Lego Indy for $20... Sweet!!

[quote name='dtp11']

Yes, they ask your height (in cm), weight (in lbs), and eye colour! People are either going to find it funny, awkward, or just get plain angry with this process! Poor Rogers employees!

[/QUOTE]

I start at Rogers in the new dedicated game section that is currently under construction at my local Rogers. I am not looking forward to this part of the process. It just seems like asking for trouble.

[quote name='magiic']I start at Rogers in the new dedicated game section that is currently under construction at my local Rogers. I am not looking forward to this part of the process. It just seems like asking for trouble.[/QUOTE]haha nice! Ya, it's too bad the 2/40 and 2/30 deals are dead now though! You're a little late! ;)

Sweet job though for all of the selling/trading you do! Be sure to hook us up with some inside info on future promos/deals! :):whee: :)

[quote name='Kekumba']And seeing as its thread died, a reminder that all previously owned games are B1G1 for another week. I went last night and there was some surprisingly good stuff. Got Lego Indy X360, Earth Defense Force X360, Final Fantasy III DS, and Tecmo Bowl DS for just over $30.
[quote name='Teddite']Should also note that this only applies to games that are $19.99 and under.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

They also have B1G1 free on previously viewed movies $9.99 or less (think it was just DVDs, but not sure).

Ended up getting The Ten ($9.99 DVD), Michael Clayton ($5.99 DVD), Okami ($17.99 Wii), and God Hand ($9.99 PS2) and here's the kicker: For whatever reason, the higher priced items were free. Total came out to $18. This was out in Kanata. The chick ringing everything through said it was supposed to be the lower priced items, but the computer did it backwards, so that's what she went by. Might be worth a trip for some of you.

[quote name='TripleQ']I only needed 1 piece of ID.. plus they didn't ask for my eye color, weight, etc. Plus I was drunk. So ha ha.[/QUOTE]
You're my hero.

bread's done
Back