Rogers Trade Promos-T3G1F/EXTRA CREDIT EVENT/FREE LOYALTY CARD!MAY

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Rogers PLUS will be the 4th national chain in CANADA to accept TRADE INS on your Used games.

TRADE INS STARTS THIS TUESDAY 05/05/09 AT SELECT STORES.

MAY/05-ALL Stores in Richmond AND TSAWWASSEN WILL ACCEPT TRADES.

JUNE>MOST stores in METRO VANCOUVER Will take trades.

JULY>STORES Across CANADA Will take TRADES.

SYSTEMS ACCEPTED:

Wii
DS
PSP
X360
PS3
PS2

STORE CREDIT will be loaded onto a regular GIFT CARD.

NO EXPIRY/Valid in FUTURE visits

NO CASH WILL BE GIVEN

You MUST be over 18 and have VALID GOVERNMENT issued PHOTO ID.

No account...just Valid ID

Things that affect TRADE VALUE:

>NO Manual/Instructions>$deduction
>NO CASE>$deduction
>NO COVER>$deduction
>DISC SCRATCHED>$deduction

In short, the only way you can get full credit will be that your game is COMPLETE and the disc IS MINT.

NEKSUS,

Trade values SHOULD be in the system by SUNDAY, and for sure will be by MONDAY.

I always see Trade ins covered so rigorously in these forums. Why? Trading in your games never gets you a good deal and isn't that what we're here for?

Stupid me!

(^This is a good thing as it keeps Klepto out as he is around 5 years old based on the way he types and hoards games)

[quote name='gamer602']Stupid me!

(^This is a good thing as it keeps Klepto out as he is around 5 years old based on the way he types and hoards games)[/quote]

lol, well at least my sis can help me out on this one :p and than 1 more year ;) then i can buy booze :cool: that makes me cool!

i think he is at least 17 tho :p

[quote name='Naylord']I always see Trade ins covered so rigorously in these forums. Why? Trading in your games never gets you a good deal and isn't that what we're here for?[/quote]

When stores have promos it can be a good deal.. i.e. EB Games T3G1F, Futureshop has bonuses sometimes.. who knows what Rogers will bring to the table. Perhaps with their star rewards program there will be some good deals.

[quote name='Naylord']I always see Trade ins covered so rigorously in these forums. Why? Trading in your games never gets you a good deal and isn't that what we're here for?[/quote]
You obviously haven't been paying attention enough. Waiting trade-ins out for promos and picking up extremely cheap games for fodder for these promos is how we all come out on top.

[quote name='chrisryans']You obviously haven't been paying attention enough. Waiting trade-ins out for promos and picking up extremely cheap games for fodder for these promos is how we all come out on top.[/quote]

amen to that :cool:

If they do trade in's like they do their sales, expect incredible trade in's on older and newer games.

Sweet. The more retailers in on the trade-in business, the better the competition and the better the trade values.

Bingo, I dont get it either. MOST of the time it is so simple to do far better on goozex, ebay, BST forums. There is a reason all these places want to jump into doing trade ins...

Just roll my eyes when I see people fretting that the tiv went down, wondering if it will go back up, as if trading in is the only way to get rid of them

[quote name='zoro69']Bingo, I dont get it either. MOST of the time it is so simple to do far better on goozex, ebay, BST forums. There is a reason all these places want to jump into doing trade ins...

Just roll my eyes when I see people fretting that the tiv went down, wondering if it will go back up, as if trading in is the only way to get rid of them[/quote]

We've been through this topic so many times, but I thought I'd share a couple examples.

I have a few games that I want to sell. I've put them on Goozex, but no one wants them. I've put them on craigslist/BST, but no one wants them. I don't like eBay since the fees kill you and for a $10-20 game why bother. So what's my last alternative (as opposed to selling them for peanuts?) Trade-ins.

On the other hand, I recently sent off one game on Goozex for 1000 points. Selling it on craigslist for its equivalent ($50) got me no responses. EB/FS/BBV/RP will never give me $50 in TIV.

So yes, the alternatives are better for high-demand high-value games. But sometimes you're stuck with bargain-bin turd that no one else wants and rather than have coasters you might as well get something for them.

[quote name='Tuffdog']If they do trade in's like they do their sales, expect incredible trade in's on older and newer games.[/quote]

And only once every month or two :razz:

[quote name='Naylord']I always see Trade ins covered so rigorously in these forums. Why? Trading in your games never gets you a good deal and isn't that what we're here for?[/quote]If they start doing 2 for $40 with used games from trade-ins...

ohhh yesshhhh ^____^

[quote name='Firestorm']If they start doing 2 for $40 with used games from trade-ins...

ohhh yesshhhh ^____^[/quote]
Oh shit, I never even thought about that. THE POSSIBILITIES!!! mind = blown

[quote name='Firestorm']If they start doing 2 for $40 with used games from trade-ins...

ohhh yesshhhh ^____^[/quote]

1. Trade in a new release (SFIV, RE5, etc.) for about $30-40.
2. Wait for the next 2/40 sale.
3. ?????
4. Profit!

a pet peeve: i hate how they have the rogers hologram logo around the cd discs/holes! :( my prediction is they will give REALLY LOW values for new games since its only 2 for 40$ selling price

Somehow I doubt they're going to have any more 2/40... why would they want to clear out games if they're taking them in for trades??

^ y r they even giving trade ins to bgin with lolz..FS is doing CRAP with trade ins...only time they will get action is if they have T3G1F promos

Well, trading games is *a* way of getting games (possibly with a good deal) so I think it's appropriate. Though I've only ever traded in 1 game ever....

What is more annoying is that many of the posters who are into trading are also angry about hoarders, yet trading is WHY hoarders exist.

That's completely unfounded and not logical at all.
Hoarding exists because greed exists.
Hoarders generally don't hoard games to trade them in - they hoard them to generally re-sell. There's been a few circumstances where people have hoarded to trade in, but that is pretty rare and totally at the fault of the company that allows a person to trade in 20 copies of the same game.

[quote name='neksus']That's completely unfounded and not logical at all.
Hoarding exists because greed exists.
Hoarders generally don't hoard games to trade them in - they hoard them to generally re-sell. There's been a few circumstances where people have hoarded to trade in, but that is pretty rare and totally at the fault of the company that allows a person to trade in 20 copies of the same game.[/quote]

I guess my comments are that re-selling is the same as trading. So hoarders are re-selling the games, like on eBay or craigslist? I'm not sure where else they'd be selling games. Unless they're stores?

The scenario I see here is someone says, "Ohh, I just bought all the copies of [good game on sale] from my local store and I'll trade them in 'cause the TIV is so high!"

But even if they're not trading the games in, say they're selling them [wherever], the fact is they're buying up all the stock & not allowing anyone else in that area to get the game at a good deal.... people who want to PLAY the game, not look at it as stocks or investment. So whether a hoarder trades games or sells them, is there a difference?

I have nothing against trade-ins, and I'm looking at this topic with no anger or anything, just discussion. So I hope that I haven't given any offence, 'cause that's not my intent at all.

Anything more than 3 is almost obviously hoarding. I've picked up 3 of a few games - I've got friends that don't get out as much as I do, so If I find something I'll give a few people a call and see if they'll pay me back (no way they're getting a free lunch :razz:). I just hate seeing people buy ALL the stock. It's not like they're playing them.

There is several roger videos with EB Games inside them, I would assume EB and Rogers have some kind of deal.. maybe the values will be similar.

Rogers Plus Trade In Promo
Didn't see this posted so please excuse me if it's a repost.

Rogers Video / Rogers Plus is offering this promo from May 5th to June 15th. Not the hottest promo but a promo nonetheless.

Trade in any 3 games and get a free Stars Reward Membership.

Trade in 3 eligible games and get one if these titles for free (see attached image for eligible games):
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (360/PS3) Pre-Order
  • Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3)
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360/PS3)
  • Fallout 3 (360/PS3)
  • Killzone 2 (PS3)
  • Street Fighter IV (360/PS3)
  • Call of Duty: World At War (360/PS3)
Trade in 2 eligible games and get one if these titles for $19.99 (see attached image for eligible games):
  • Fable 2 (360)
  • Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
  • Excitebots: Trick Racing (Wii)
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3)
  • The Godfather II (360/PS3)
  • NHL 09 (360/PS3)
  • Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (360/PS3)
  • Skate II (360/PS3)
Trade and get $40 credit
*See attached image

Trade and get $38 credit
*See attached image

Trade and get $30 credit
*See attached image

A lot of the eligible titles don't make a heck of a lot of sense since you can get more as a "Most Wanted" trade-in.

With trade-in credit like this, I can see them dumping the 2/40 deal or limiting it to cheaper games.

[quote name='gamer602']umm neksus....

I think ull have to...

Best buys tivs are different from FS

Two more stores I'll have to add values for...[/QUOTE]Just imagine if Toys R Us and Walmart start taking trade ins in Canada too!

I could always omit the date...but that seems to be an important part of the value.
Anybody have any input on color-coded values, with varying opacity, representing how out-dated the value is?

god dam when duz TORONTO get these other retailers to do tradins! i just hope they don't have a 'standard/across the board ' TIV rating system, horders wud b out of business lolz

[quote name='neksus']I could always omit the date...but that seems to be an important part of the value.
Anybody have any input on color-coded values, with varying opacity, representing how out-dated the value is?[/QUOTE]
We really need date. Change 2009 to 09 at least. Instead of a symbol for down/up, you can put the actual colour of the item as green or red. You could see if people actually care about the cents and just round down on every value to the nearest dollar. You can also go up to 100 pixels more in width. 1000 pixels is basically the maximum width for a 1024x768 screen which is I think the minimum people will be viewing your page with. I think both date and titles have more column width than needed right now.

just tossing it out there, what if you used colors to represent the age of the game values?

For an example, Green = Value is one week recent, Yellow = value is 2 weeks to 1 month old, and Red = 1 month or older.

I actually kind of just said that :razz:
There's always some weird-ass title for each console that takes up 200 characters, which stretches the column (or makes a new row, which throws things off). I suppose the year could be shortened to 2 digits as well.

bread's done
Back