Rogers Video 2/$40 Remembrance Day Long Weekend (2008)

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
That's right boys and girls. Long weekend coming up that means another amazing PPV game sale at Rogers Video. Keep tabs on your local Rogers and see what you can score this coming weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...what kind of policy does rogers have on reserving games?...think i can reserve some the day before so im not beaten to the punch?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If you called right on opening the day of likely they would hold stuff for you

Thanks for the heads up magiic. I'll keep an eye out on friday.

Kinda OT, but looking at the title, shouldn't we change it to Your Kilometres May Vary just to keep things Canadian?

Yeah. I called 2 days ago and they told me the same things. Think it'll look suspicious if I put about 12 games on hold the day before? lol

I wouldn't mind getting Stranglehold. Zak & Wiki if they have any used copies, I wouldn't think so.

mine has tons of games, probably 60 or so for the xbox 360

keep in mind there is likely one more restock before the weekend so more stuff can be pulled :)

Mine had about 15 noteworthy 360 games, 20 noteworthy Wii games, 5 PS3 games and one or two noteworthy PS2 games, few DS games, 4 or 5 PSP games. I'll probably leave $300 lighter.

[quote name='TtotheE']Mine had about 15 noteworthy 360 games, 20 noteworthy Wii games, 5 PS3 games and one or two noteworthy PS2 games, few DS games, 4 or 5 PSP games. I'll probably leave $300 lighter.[/quote]

True, but you'll be richer by about $100 if you decide to trade them in.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']True, but you'll be richer by about $100 if you decide to trade them in.[/quote]

If I were to trade them in it would only be one or two of 'em and only if I didn't like the game. I frown upon hoarders, there should be some left for those who actually want to play the game.

[quote name='TtotheE']If I were to trade them in it would only be one or two of 'em and only if I didn't like the game. I frown upon hoarders, there should be some left for those who actually want to play the game.[/quote]

That's true, I'm lucky if I can find at least 2 good games during these sales. But I'm not sure if that's due to hoarders or just a crappy selection.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']That's true, I'm lucky if I can find at least 2 good games during these sales. But I'm not sure if that's due to hoarders or just a crappy selection.[/quote]

Heh. I know when I don't find games it's because of hoarders. I saw someone walking out with a pile of games and walk over to EBgames(They're in the same plaza) and trade 'em in. When I went scouting for games on Friday I saw about 12 games I would pick up for $20. I've been saving up just for the 2/40 though so it'll be worth it but I have no room on my gaming shelf as it is... don't now how I'm going to fit them in.

Grabbed some TODAY. The manager was nice enough to give me what I wanted today.

Halo 3
Skate
PGR4
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

Not related to next week's sale, but rather the one that has been spotted for this weekend over at RFD.

Meh, people on RFD said certain BC locations were doing it today too. No luck at Surrey Central. However, they had some great games:

- 3x Halo 3
- 2x PGR4
- Bioshock
- Heavenly Sword

The games I want probably won't be around until early December... Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and The Simpson's Game.

[quote name='Firestorm']

The games I want probably won't be around until early December... Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and The Simpson's Game.[/quote]

I'd grabbed both of those for $20. Naruto looks especially interesting, and The Simpsons seems like a game I'd want just to sit on my shelf after I beat it. :p

Surrey Central is great though... although the quality of the discs and cases leave much to be desired. On the other hand, 41st and Victoria has great condition, but horrible selection.

Lone, if there's any game in particular you're looking for, tell me and if I'm at school that day I'll check out Surrey Central.

[quote name='Firestorm']Surrey Central is great though... although the quality of the discs and cases leave much to be desired. On the other hand, 41st and Victoria has great condition, but horrible selection.

Lone, if there's any game in particular you're looking for, tell me and if I'm at school that day I'll check out Surrey Central.[/quote]

Thanks, but I'm one of those "visual" shoppers: I don't know what I want until I actually see it available for purchase. :)

i want MP3: Corruption, Zack & Wiki, and Dewy's Adventure

if anyone in the GVR can help me pick up any 2 of these games (discs, original box and manual should all be in excellent condition), i'd be glad to hunt through my local rogers for games that he/she may be looking for and do a trade

good luck to everyone!

[quote name='dreamybear']
(discs, original box and manual should all be in excellent condition),

[/quote]

haha I wouldn't get your hopes up

Is this just for games under a certain price or can it be any PPG?

Thanks and also hello to everyone here! :)

[quote name='TheBigBoi']It's on all previously played games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Let's hope this happens! :)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Vancouver sucks for these deals... the closest one to me has the worst selection, and the ones with good selection don't participate.[/quote]hey lone which other rogers are in vancouver besides the oak and 16th and victoria and 41st locations?

[quote name='maigoyume']hey lone which other rogers are in vancouver besides the oak and 16th and victoria and 41st locations?[/quote]

www.rogersvideo.ca ;)

Off the top of my head:

West Boulevard and 39th: good selection (seen MP3 and Bioshock), they never have sales though (the guy I called said they don't participate in these).
Arbutus and W Broadway: never been there.
Granville and 68th: large selection of bad games, but I haven't been there in a long time.
Couple stores on Davie: never been there.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']It is probably a long shot that the Simpsons Game would be PV'd no?[/quote]

It is a long shot, but let's not forget those who got PGR4 about a week after it came out.

[quote name='TtotheE']Heh. I know when I don't find games it's because of hoarders. I saw someone walking out with a pile of games and walk over to EBgames(They're in the same plaza) and trade 'em in. When I went scouting for games on Friday I saw about 12 games I would pick up for $20. I've been saving up just for the 2/40 though so it'll be worth it but I have no room on my gaming shelf as it is... don't now how I'm going to fit them in.[/quote]
What location is that? I know a Roger's Video and a EBgames in the same place...

I didn't know Roger's Video even sold video games though. Is this deal for ANY video games? That's pretty amazing if true.

EDIT: Oh previously played, I thought they were new :(

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']www.rogersvideo.ca ;)

Off the top of my head:

West Boulevard and 39th: good selection (seen MP3 and Bioshock), they never have sales though (the guy I called said they don't participate in these).
Arbutus and W Broadway: never been there.
Granville and 68th: large selection of bad games, but I haven't been there in a long time.
Couple stores on Davie: never been there.[/quote]

Checked the 2 stores on Davie St. and there was no indication of the 2 for $40 deal (however I didn't ask the sales people) and the selection isn't any better either.

if anyone in the toronto area would like to pick me up a copy of halo 3 lemme know .... i can't seem to find them anywhere in toronto/toronto area...

i doubt anyone would be able to find the orange box

Today is the big day folks. Post your finds here so we can trade around if necessary.

EDIT:

for those of you who dont know, if you buy a lot of games from these sales you should become a star rewards memeber. I've got a crap ton of free rentals from buying games at these sales.

I'm hoping to call one at 11, and then if they're having it make a quick stop over and picking something up. Does anybody know if EB still has the trade in Halo 3 for $50? Because my buddy was iffy about picking up a copy for him, and I don't wanna be stuck with it since I don't even have the system.

My brother traded in Halo 3 two days ago at EB and got $50, but you can never be too sure. I'd call to find out

The Halo 3 TIV is $40 but if you still have the coupon form last months flyer it's $50. But it must have case and Manual.

The location closest to me (New Westminster) has a garbage selection most of the time. I'll pop in on the way home, but I really dont have my hopes up...

I've picked up a couple of bargains in teh past (lesser known PS2 RPGs and the like) but nothing 'awesome'.

Heh. I have to walk to Rogers Video and it's an hour and a half away. I just hope I get there before they open because I know for sure there's going to be at least one more CAG there.

bread's done
Back