Rogers Video 2/$40 Remembrance Day Long Weekend (2008)

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
That's right boys and girls. Long weekend coming up that means another amazing PPV game sale at Rogers Video. Keep tabs on your local Rogers and see what you can score this coming weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maigoyume']i'll second that, blasted hoarders, i just wanted one so i could finally get paper mario and super metroid >

[quote name='dreamybear']why, is there some sort of deal going on with the points cards right now?[/quote]

Yep, at Toys R Us the 2000 points cards are going for $14.97. Unfortunately it's sold out online but the deal is good until Nov. 16! Here's a link to their site showing the price: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=2688032

You could always print out a page showing the price and get it price matched at FS or BB.

I went to a nearby Rogers around 1 pm on friday and got at first:

NHL 08
Halo 3
Forza 2
Blue Dragon

Then I ran to my friend's EB and he told me you could trade it for $50 like it said in this thread and there was an extra Halo 3 there. When I went back a guy had already picked it up.

I looked at the shelf all sad and said "Awww I really wanted to get Halo 3." The guy looked at me and gave it to me, saying he didn't need it. We talked for about 10 minutes and I thanked him again.

I then traded out my Blue dragon for Halo 3, went to EB traded in NHL 08 and my 2 halo 3's for $128 store credit. I paid off both mass effect and mario galaxy :D I'll probably use the rest for assassin's creed but i'm not sure yet.

My friend at EB told me the only reason I got tha Halo 3 from that guy was because i'm a girl though... :roll:

Yeah the one in Transcona has it going. I got Lair and Mario Party 8. I called a bunch of stores looking for Eternal Sonata and it seems to be goin' on in all of them. No Eternal Sonata though :(

If anybody cares, Ancaster is awful, lots of PSP games though (didn't check them out). No other games worth 2 for 40 though. TMNT for 14.99 on the other hand (USED).

the one nearby in ottawa never has anything used that is good, usually just that one lonely copy of bionicle heroes.

if nobody's interested in these titles -- Forza 2 (360) and Darkness (360) -- I'm gonna be returning them to Rogers. if anyone is interested in buying them from me at cost or trading me something from my wants list (Zack & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Strikers Charged, and Dewey's Adventure -- all for the Wii), please let me know ASAP as i'll be returning the games by the end of this week.

[quote name='indigo blue']I went to a nearby Rogers around 1 pm on friday and got at first:

NHL 08
Halo 3
Forza 2
Blue Dragon

Then I ran to my friend's EB and he told me you could trade it for $50 like it said in this thread and there was an extra Halo 3 there. When I went back a guy had already picked it up.

I looked at the shelf all sad and said "Awww I really wanted to get Halo 3." The guy looked at me and gave it to me, saying he didn't need it. We talked for about 10 minutes and I thanked him again.

I then traded out my Blue dragon for Halo 3, went to EB traded in NHL 08 and my 2 halo 3's for $128 store credit. I paid off both mass effect and mario galaxy :D I'll probably use the rest for assassin's creed but i'm not sure yet.

My friend at EB told me the only reason I got tha Halo 3 from that guy was because i'm a girl though... :roll:[/quote]

Poor guy. He probably just wanted a Halo-themed sex party, and you just took advantage of his kindness for EB games store credit :applause:

[quote name='Lockescythe']anyone know when the next one of these is.[/quote]

unless they do a random one which they may with xmas coming up. I imagine it will be christmas as that is the next long weekend

[quote name='vicious7171']Poor guy. He probably just wanted a Halo-themed sex party, and you just took advantage of his kindness for EB games store credit :applause:[/quote]

LMAO

damn you must'ev really done something specially for him if you were a girl or had to be real pretty.

Although not on the 2/$40 subject, I just picked up a seemingly new copy of Elebits for $14.99 at Rogers (Yonge and Rosedale Toronto). They had a number of other Wii games in the clearance bin, but nothing that caught my eye.
---
EM

[quote name='Firestorm']Probably will be a random one. I'm hoping to pick up Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, and Naruto: Rise of a Ninja at the least.[/quote]

I'd like Creed, and Kane and Lynch myself. Wouldn't mine Uncharted or Soldier of Fortune: Payback either! :bouncy:

[quote name='EvilMario']Although not on the 2/$40 subject, I just picked up a seemingly new copy of Elebits for $14.99 at Rogers (Yonge and Rosedale Toronto). They had a number of other Wii games in the clearance bin, but nothing that caught my eye.
---
EM[/quote]

Any DS games, good sir?

I dont know of any other locations doing it. I havent checked mine but I doubt they are doing it. But as far as I am aware a location in downtown Victoria is doing it. No idea about other ones.

Im trying to jump on this one because theres a small chance I cna get mario galaxy and resident evil UC or well mario galaxy and any other game. My rogers always has shitty slection and overpriced shitty slection at that. Do they get new shipments in just for 2 for 40 or is 2 for 40 why they ahve such a shit selection.

every weekend or so they get a computer list of what can get pulled because it isn't getting rented enough. They then take those games and put them on the rental shelf.

[quote name='magiic']every weekend or so they get a computer list of what can get pulled because it isn't getting rented enough. They then take those games and put them on the rental shelf.[/QUOTE]
Knowing the boneheads that work at my local Rogers, it wouldn't surprise me if they put the low-renting games on the rental shelf. They certainly never put anything out on the PPG shelf.

[quote name='Fanboy']Knowing the boneheads that work at my local Rogers, it wouldn't surprise me if they put the low-renting games on the rental shelf. They certainly never put anything out on the PPG shelf.[/quote]

The ones at my local Rogers are just lazy... took them months to put Bioshock out.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Most likely they will also do a 2/40 or even a 2/30 on Boxing Day.[/quote]

That is what I have been predicting for a while now, and Boxing Day would be a good time to hold a 2/$40 or, fingers crossed, 2/$30. It'll give the newer games out right now some more time to get older and better chance of being pulled too. :D

I just went in Rogers video and it appears that there may be a 2/40 next week, around Wednesday. That would make sense, because if they are indeed holding a 2/30 or 2/40 on Boxing Day, they would want to spread out the promotion as far as they can. I advise to call your local RV(s) to check if there will be a sale next week.

SIDE NOTE: I just bought a used BioShock from Rogers, and the disc appears to have some sort of weird...blotch/discolouration. Anyone else have that?

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']I just went in Rogers video and it appears that there may be a 2/40 next week, around Wednesday. That would make sense, because if they are indeed holding a 2/30 or 2/40 on Boxing Day, they would want to spread out the promotion as far as they can. I advise to call your local RV(s) to check if there will be a sale next week.

SIDE NOTE: I just bought a used BioShock from Rogers, and the disc appears to have some sort of weird...blotch/discolouration. Anyone else have that?[/quote]

ya I've seen that before, no idea what it is

would they know as of now if they will have one during the week or is it best to call wednesday when they get daily emails and what not?

You are lucky if they know where they work, even if they wear a red shirt with the logo on it. "I would tell you but whenever I look in a mirror I can't read the text."

People must be getting dumber, it causes me physical pain to talk to most Rogers store clerks. The 2f$40 is the only reason to step foot in one.

They have no idea even the day of sometimes =P I'll probably phone on Wednesday. Now that school is for the most part over, I won't be at Surrey Central much and they're the ones with the good selection. Gonna have to call and trek out there =[

Yeah, some of my discs had that weird blotch too but they worked perfectly.

Yeah, I tested the disc and it worked fine. I thought there would be some weird disc-reading but everything worked smoothly.

And scary perry, I know what you mean. I once decided to get a membership at Rogers just for the hell of it, and went to rent a movie out at the time. However, there were no copies of it left, so I asked a clerk when a copy will be back in stock. He said "he had no idea", even though he said this with three computers right in front of him. Needless to say, I now use the card as an ass-scratcher.

And damn, I hope there is a sale soon. I got Simpsons, TimeShift, CoD4, FIFA08, NHL 08, Halo 3, and a FREAKING ASSASSIN's CREED (one copy) at my location.

To be honest...I'm almost hoping they don't do another one soon. I just don't have the will power to go and not drop around $200 everytime this damn sale comes along

"Hi my name is Ty and I'm a game addict."
**in unison** "Hi Ty."

sources at mine have informed me one is expected this weekend or next

as to the guy addicted above, I feel your pain. I drop $500 easy every sale. Hooray for teenagers with too much disposable income :p

[quote name='magiic']sources at mine have informed me one is expected this weekend or next

as to the guy addicted above, I feel your pain. I drop $500 easy every sale. Hooray for teenagers with too much disposable income :p[/quote]

Holy Smokes! magiic, how old are you?
And here I thought dropping 200-300 every sale was bad....

[quote name='gamer602']Holy Smokes! magiic, how old are you?
And here I thought dropping 200-300 every sale was bad....[/quote]how the heck can you guys afford to spend so much on these sales?

bread's done
Back