Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts (Hardcover book)

Mike 01Hawk

CAGiversary!
TOO COOL!!!

As a fan of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango among others, I'll be picking this up for sure!

"Rogue Leaders contains more than 300 sketches and images of concept art, and via remembrances from those who worked on the games, Smith illustrates how LucasArts helped pioneer major developments in gaming, including point-and-click game features, 3-D characters and online worlds"

http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Leaders...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228750351&sr=8-1

I'd like to see what they have to say about the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series. I still think Tie Fighter might be my favorite PC-only game ever. I'd love a sequel or a remake.

Just picked this up from Amazon this week. I am a dyed-in-the-wool fan of the classic LucasArts adventure games and remember where I was when I played each of them (and who I played them with). So this book is a great way to reminisce. It's a little skimpy on the art, but what is there is awesome and stuff that hasn't been seen before. I've only skimmed a few pages of the text, but it's very interesting and has some great stories from Ron Gilbert, Tim Schaefer, etc. I wish there was more focus on this period and less on Star Wars, but what are ya gonna do.

bread's done
Back