Roller coaster Tycoon 3 platinum deal

I'm tempted to bite on this seeing how I loved the original back in the day. I know the graphics are in 3D now instead of the traditional 2D, but other than that, any differences to be aware of?

Plus, one thing I'm wondering. In the 2nd game, iirc you couldn't charge for entrance to your park like you could in the first game. Is the 3rd game a mandatory free entrance as well, or can you change the price on that again? Not a big deal, but I do remember being annoyed slightly by that.

notice this

PC (Windows 98 / 2000 / Me / XP)

does that mean it WILL NOT WORK ON VISTA or windows 7

I know i cant get my heroes of might and magic 4 to work on vista

[quote name='slidecage']notice this

PC (Windows 98 / 2000 / Me / XP)

does that mean it WILL NOT WORK ON VISTA or windows 7

I know i cant get my heroes of might and magic 4 to work on vista[/QUOTE]

I run it on Windows 7x64 just fine.

I can't recall the exact steps, but you can somehow change HOW your game runs (you choose which OS you want to mimic when running the game). I could be wrong though... :X

[quote name='JStryke']I'm tempted to bite on this seeing how I loved the original back in the day. I know the graphics are in 3D now instead of the traditional 2D, but other than that, any differences to be aware of?

Plus, one thing I'm wondering. In the 2nd game, iirc you couldn't charge for entrance to your park like you could in the first game. Is the 3rd game a mandatory free entrance as well, or can you change the price on that again? Not a big deal, but I do remember being annoyed slightly by that.[/QUOTE]

You also can ride the rides, which though isn't a big deal with some rides, but it awesome for the roller coasters. I believe you can charge for entrace, but honestly, isn't the best way to make money to charge free admission and jack up your rides prices?

[quote name='Gden']You also can ride the rides, which though isn't a big deal with some rides, but it awesome for the roller coasters. I believe you can charge for entrace, but honestly, isn't the best way to make money to charge free admission and jack up your rides prices?[/QUOTE]

Forgot about the ride riding, but that was never a big deal to me (from sim theme park). Maybe it's just me, but I never do as well with a free park entry.

I was hooked big time on the first 2 games in this series, but when I played 3, I just didn't "feel" it. I think the 3D killed it for me. A game like this doesn't need to be in 3D, IMO. With that said, I never played any expansion pack, and no longer have the main game, so I might pick it back up at this price and try it again. Maybe it will just take time to get into it, I don't know.

BTW, I think you could charge admission in 2, it just depends on the scenario. Some forced you to keep it free and make money by other means, some didn't. Or maybe I'm confusing it with the first game, but I thought they were largely the same in that regard.

[quote name='mrosnwo']
BTW, I think you could charge admission in 2, it just depends on the scenario. Some forced you to keep it free and make money by other means, some didn't. Or maybe I'm confusing it with the first game, but I thought they were largely the same in that regard.[/QUOTE]

2nd game, didn't play much, but the few I did play had forced free entry. For the 1st, not 100% sure as it's been forever ago, but I think the Loopy Landscapes expansion had forced free entries. Rest of the game didn't, I do know that for sure though.

[quote name='mrosnwo']
BTW, I think you could charge admission in 2, it just depends on the scenario. Some forced you to keep it free and make money by other means, some didn't. Or maybe I'm confusing it with the first game, but I thought they were largely the same in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah in the 2nd game, you could either charge admission and have free rides or have free admission and charge for rides but not both. In the first game you could charge for admission and rides and I guess they thought that was unrealistic even though some real parks do charge for admission (usually a few dollars) and also charge for rides.

bread's done
Back