Rondo of Blood is hard as hell!

[quote name='kingocraplantis']Seriously, dullahan schooling me big time and is, i'm sure, enjoying every minute of it...

But is this a common opinion or do i just suck?[/quote]

Are you talking about the Turbo Graphics 16 version or the PSP version that in The Dracula X Chronicles ?

[quote name='kingocraplantis']talking about the original turbo graphix version; is the psp version different, though?[/quote]

Don't know... I don't have a PSP or the DXC :cry: but I did hear RoB for the TG16 is hard. Don't know if the unlockable port is the same though.

that sucks...i would suggest finding a copy if, you know, it wasn't so impossible to find

i can't see them having to change much, though, aside from graphics; it's somehow perfect in it's impossible-ness

Rondo of Blood for PSP is fucking HARD!!!!!!! It makes me want to smash my psp and eat the pieces of that infernal game!!!!

Rondo of Blood is only hard with Richter Belmont. With Maria the game is a cake walk. The PSP is nice but feels a little floaty to me and the unlockable original PC Engine version is too dark and bland. Still the best way to play Rondo is on a PC Engine.

I suck at Castlevania in general but after many weeks of playing this game, everything just "clicked" and it became very easy. It still has one of the easiest Dracula boss fights in any Castlevania. Oh and Death is still a bitch to fight against.

I think it depends on how many Castlevania games you played. I have the Duo Rondo of Blood and it wasn't to rough, but I think that was because I have seen most of the bosses in other Castlevania games and knew what to expect. I think SNES Dracula X is way harder (actual cheap, but still).

I didn't think the Duo version of Rondo of Blood was too hard. I broke down and bought it in late 2005 just to see what the hype was about. It lived up to my expectations but it only took a couple weekends of playing to finish it. I'm still hoping for a VC release at some point, like others have said, the original version on PSP doesn't really do it justice. Of the home console Castlevanias, I've always found CV3 to be the hardest.

thing is, i'm a big-time castlevania fan and have been keeping up with the franchise (nearly) for a good portion of my life, guess i really have simply gotten used to the post-sotn theme...and Otherguy676, i completely forgot about the cheapness of the snes castlevania x but i totally agree; rondo may be hard, but it's got nothing on dodging craploads of enemies while jumping from moving gear to moving gear while hoping to god you don't get rammed into by said scores of enemies and knocked into instant-death spikes, good stuff

[quote name='Jangofatt']Rondo of Blood is only hard with Richter Belmont. With Maria the game is a cake walk. The PSP is nice but feels a little floaty to me and the unlockable original PC Engine version is too dark and bland. Still the best way to play Rondo is on a PC Engine.

I suck at Castlevania in general but after many weeks of playing this game, everything just "clicked" and it became very easy. It still has one of the easiest Dracula boss fights in any Castlevania. Oh and Death is still a bitch to fight against.[/quote]

well, you can only play as maria once you've freed her and beaten the game, right? i can imagine once you've already been through the ropes once, it'd be pretty close to a cake walk going through it again anyway, no? but that's a shame, i was hoping the psp version would be a step up, but i suppose the term "you can't beat the classics" still holds true...also, will there ever be a day when death isn't such a tricky bitch?

[quote name='Otherguy676']I think it depends on how many Castlevania games you played. I have the Duo Rondo of Blood and it wasn't to rough, but I think that was because I have seen most of the bosses in other Castlevania games and knew what to expect. I think SNES Dracula X is way harder (actual cheap, but still).[/QUOTE]

yes. rondo of blood is easy compared to CV 1 and CV3. i never tried castlevania x for the snes, i might pick that up one of these days

I think I'm on the sixth level, and its pretty hard. I haven't played it in a few weeks though so I'm not sure exactly where I'm at. I didn't know about freeing maria though.

One of the candles in level two is a key and then you must take the key down below the castle where the fish guys (mermen) are and at the very end of that section, you will see a lock door. Use the key and you unlock Maria. Once she is unlocked you can breeze through the game with ease. When you beat the game with Richter, you get the serious ending and with Maria you get the chibi happy fun ending, at least on the PC Engine version. With the PSP, you need to save all of the girls to unlock the true ending, which I have not done yet.

I played the PSP version recently and found the extremely sluggish controls to be unacceptable. This has to be the major reason for the level of difficulty. I'm all about retro gaming but I don't have time for games that are difficult simply because of poorly implemented controls. It's almost like there's a 250ms pause built into every character move/animation. Think of how easy this game would be if Richter controlled as tightly as say Mario in SMB3.

Metroidvania fan here, flame me now. :whistle2:\"

bread's done
Back