Roxio Game Capture 69.99 + $10 Gaming Credit @ Amazon

[quote name='Ionotropic']Cool device, but I wish it used HDMI and captured 720p. I'd love to cap some screenshots and vids.[/QUOTE]

^This.

Hopefully there's a new model in development that does all that and a bag of chips.

This is interesting but do the consoles have HDCP over HDMI?

That would put a dent in the path to HDMI/720.

The cool thing about this device is that it will capture directly to 480P format without you having to convert it from whatever resolution you played at (720P or 1080P). So after you capture it, it's ready for viewing/uploading immediately. It may be possible to make a DVD of your capture as well. It would be nice to be able to select the higher res if you want though.

[quote name='xycury']This is interesting but do the consoles have HDCP over HDMI?

That would put a dent in the path to HDMI/720.[/QUOTE]

I do believe the 360 only uses HDCP on HD-Video Content

It doesn't do HDCP, because HDCP only exists on HDMI, and this device only captures and splits component output from the XBox or PS3, (or Wii or PS2). HDMI capture just isnt going to happen for awhile except with the Black Magic Intensity cards, and those have some pretty specific computer requirements including what kind of motherboard you or USB 3.0 for the external card. That technology isn't yet quite at a plug n play, out the box place yet. I wish this did 720p as well, but that's not really a huge concern for me.

This doesn't do composite in, so for an N64, you're better getting a $10 EasyCap off Amazon and some $2 splitters while you're there.

bread's done
Back